PART 11

Aiding Your Wounds

"Appa!" Chorong chuckled awkwardly, pouring her father a cup of tea. Bomi shook nervously before greeting him. "Hi, Mr. Park." Bomi bowed politely, the hyper and outgoing Bomi was swept away by fear. He glared at Bomi angrily for a second before breaking into a chuckle.

 

"Hi, Bomi! I've heard lots about you from both of my daughters." He smiled, the corners of his eyes crinkling. Bomi lost some tenseness when Mr. Park lost his angry look. She replied him with a slight nod of the head, blushing and sweeping the hair behind her ear shyly.

 

Noticing that Bomi wasn't initiating conversation, Chorong did. "Appa, Bomi is very interested in psychology." Mr. Park raised an eyebrow at Bomi and took a sip of his tea. "Really...?" He intimidated Bomi greatly, she tried her best to reply. "Yes, sir." She shied away from the question.

 

"You know, my daughters both tell me you're very talkative and hyper, you don't seem it." Chorong was still cooking, but she made time to roll her eyes; she couldn't stand that Bomi was being so quiet. When she wanted Bomi to shut up she would never shut up but at times where she actually wanted her girlfriend to talk, god.

 

"Appa, she's just nervous because of you." Bomi mentally cursed at Chorong, why would she say that? It just made Bomi feel more awkward. "Hey, I know meeting your girlfriend's parents can be quite scary, I've been through it myself. But you can call me Appa instead of sir, and don't be so tense." He explained with a smile on his face, it made Bomi feel better that he seemed okay with the two dating.

 

"So back to psychology, how does this study relate to Yoon Bomi?" He asked, Bomi smiled brightly. She loved talking about this subject, she wasn't the sharpest pencil in the drawer but she was pretty sharp when it came to this. "Naturally, I can't read people's mood that well, I've always been pretty dense like that. Even though I lack the ability to read body language, I make up for it with my will to help people. I was in a dark, broken place before; it was painful and scary. I took an oath to myself that I would keep anybody from falling into the trench that I fell into." Bomi's explanation was simple yet passionate, it caused Mr. Park to view youth in a different way for a minute, usually young people didn't have the strength like an adult would to carry on a profession in the psychology field but Bomi's mind was matured and surprisingly so.

 

"Are you in school for psychology or in a job related?" Bomi shook her head merely. "Remember that trench I was talking about? Yeah I fell in years ago, it lead my parents to disown me and so I never got any education beyond high school." Bomi was embarrassed of her past, anyone would be embarrassed of it. However, Mr. Park did not judge her and he made it clear to Bomi that she didn't have to feel ashamed. That power came from being a psychology professional for 20 years.

 

"It's amazing that you didn't study it, your mind is more developed in the study than most of the people who are  actually studying it. You have a lot of potential and I hate to see it go to waste." At this point they were eating dinner, Bomi explained to Mr. Park what had happen to her in her past, it was the first time Chorong had heard some of the information as well. She told him how she was abused when she was younger, how she met her best friend, how she was arrested, how she ended up working at Leo's, and how she ended up in love with Chorong.

 

Mr. Park did feel a bit uneasy, as did Bomi and Chorong. Of course he was happy that his daughter was finally not only socializing, but actually dating someone. He would’ve never thought Chorong would have ever gotten around to actually talking to someone that wasn’t her sister. However, the fact that Chorong was dating an ex-convict who worked at a bar was hard to accept. He sees that Bomi changed Chorong for the better, but he wasn’t convinced that she had what it took to take care of Chorong for years to come.

 

During the dinner though, he couldn’t help but think about what they talked about earlier; psychology. Bomi’s potential could not be denied, he could already see an amazing doctor in her eyes. Mr. Park thought of his own self, he couldn’t work for much longer and he didn’t need to, he had enough money at this point. He was tired, but he was determined to keep his psychological clinic open.

 

Chorong was now washing the dishes, Bomi offered to help but Mr. Park asked her to sit down. “Bomi, had you ever considered going back to school?” He asked suddenly; and of course she had but she also had thought of how. There was no way she could collect enough money by herself, she would be 50 by the time she would gather enough. “I have, but it’s pretty much impossible. With the job I have, the small amount that I earn. It’s certain that I can’t pay for the expenses that come with school.” She frowned, it was just one of those situations where you want something so bad but you just couldn’t get it.

 

“You know, if you get recommended  and you take some outside classes, you could put it on your application and the cost of it would be a whole lot cheaper.” Bomi had a look of interest, she never looked into it just because she found the possibility of her returning to school so impossible. They soon shifted off of the subject as came back.

 

"Appa will you be staying here tonight?" Chorong asked, worried that his answer would be a yes. There was absolutely no space for him. "No hon, I'm gonna head home." He drank the rest of his tea and stood up from his chair. "It's a long drive." Chorong commented. "Yeah, I should get going." He grabbed his jacket and the two walked him to the door. "Are you sure you don't want to stay longer, A-Appa?" Bomi felt awkward calling her girlfriends father 'Appa'.


He smiled at Bomi's attempt to be less awkward with him. "It's getting kind of late and I have to be back to work in the morning. But try not to have too much fun without me." We laughed heartily then stuck out a hand at Bomi, she acceptingly shook his hand. "Call me anytime, Bomi." Bomi nodded softly, "Yes, Appa..." He kissed Chorong's forehead and took his leave.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm so sorry that this chapter is so incredibly late (I haven't updated in a month). I underestimated my school work; I thought I could handle 4/5 of my exams this semester, which I can, but I just have no time to update for you readers. This is my last chapter in queue so chapter 12 may be coming in maybe a month or possibly more. :(

Once again, I really do apologize and I thank you guys for understanding. Stick with me readers! During Christmas holidays, I'll crank out chapters like Santa Clause [:

I'll see you guys next time.

PS. Please bear with all mistakes in this chapter as I've got no time to proof read.