PART 3

Aiding Your Wounds

Bomi squinted at the bright sun shining through a crack in the curtains. She rolled over a nd kissed Hyeri on the cheek lightly, trying hard not to wake her up. 

Hyeri hugged Bomi by the neck roughly, “I’m awake, idiot.” Hyeri smiled fondly of Bomi’s kindness. She climbed over Bomi, straddling her body underneath her.

“Did you sleep well?” Bomi grinned, feeling up Hyeri’s waist and undressed s. “Wonderful...” She leaned down to Bomi’s lips, giving her a morning kiss.

“Why do you have to leave?” Bomi flipped Hyeri over, trapping her small body under her own, sprinkling kisses from her neck, down to her chest, stomach. “I have to get to the airport in like three hours so don’t start, ‘cause you know we can’t stop.” 

Hyeri smirked and pushed Bomi off her, heading toward the bathroom. She stood at the doorway and smiled at the frowning girl on the bed. “Don’t be sad, I’ll be back in a couple weeks.”

Bomi shook her head and sulked. “You always say that and a couple weeks become months because there’s a detour over here and a scenic route over there. You don’t know how much I miss you..”

This conversation did not happen every time Hyeri visited, infact it was the first time, even though Bomi thought it every time. Yes, Bomi was pretty social, and spent all her time at a place where people had fun every night. But she loved Hyeri, as a friend of course, and being without her was hard because Hyeri has been with her for a long time.

“I promise.” Hyeri entered the bathroom and the shower tap, stepping in the warm water. Bomi smiled knowing that Hyeri didn’t like breaking promises, ever. She was a girl that always followed her own rules, and keeping commitments was one of her rules. 

It was 10:43AM and Bomi had to get to work at 12. “..” She mumbled and made her way to the bathroom, stepping into the shower with Hyeri. 

“Goddamn, you shower in hotass water!” She said as the boiling hot water hit her skin. “Yah! Why are you in my shower?” Hyeri shampooed her hair and moved to the back of the shower, giving Bomi more access to the water. Bomi turned down the temperature of water and started applying soap to herself.

“I have to get to work in an hour plus I have to drop you off at the airport that’s 40 minutes away.” She lathered and rinsed then shampooed. 

They got dressed quickly and Bomi checked the time which was 11AM. They got into Bomi’s small second-hand car that she bought with very hard earned money that she saved up for a long time. 

“We’ll go car shopping when I get back, I’ll get my favourite girl in the world a new ride.” Hyeri squeezed Bomi’s cheeks and Bomi pushed her off. “Puppy.. I’m driving.” Puppy was a stupid nickname that Bomi made for Hyeri when they first met. Hyeri’s large eyes and pouting lips reminded Bomi of her family’s dog that she didn’t get to see anymore. 

They reach the Airport at 11:38 and they sat in the car for a minute. Bomi purses her lips and tries not to look to sad. “I’ll miss you..” Hyeri started to giggle at her friend seeming like she was going to cry. 

“Shut up Bomi.. Don’t cry for me, I’m not worth it... Remember, I promised to be back in a couple weeks, okay?” Hyeri patted Bomi’s head and hugged her. Bomi nodded and frowned. “I love you.” Bomi beamed a smiles and Hyeri told her to shut up again.

She kissed her and left the car, Bomi stayed until she couldn’t see Hyeri walking away anymore. She smiled to herself and drove to Leo’s Club. 

“Bomi, You’re late.” Chen said calmly, drinking a beer and reading a newspaper’s sport’s section. “Yeah, sorry I had to take someone important to the airport.” She got a rag and started preparing garnishes. 

“It’s okay.” Chen continued to read his paper and glug his alcohol. 
“Bomi! Is Hyeri gone yet?” Eunji stepped into the bar and went to sit across from Bomi who was cutting lemons into wedges. 

“Yup...” Bomi mumbled sadly and tried not to think about her. “Why do you sound so sad? I mean, I know she was your first in a while but she was just a girl.” Bomi glared at Eunji.

“Actually we’ve known eachother since highschool and she only comes back once every couple months. She’s pretty much my best friend.” Eunji looked at Bomi’s frown and felt sympathetic. “Oh. Sorry, I didn’t know. Forgive me for being rude.” She asked sincerely of Bomi, and Bomi nodded.

“So.. I handed in a resume to a couple of shops near my apartment.” Bomi met Eunji’s eyes. “Really?” Bomi asked, surprised and Eunji nodded. Bomi’s from grew to a smile because she felt like she helped someone steer their life in a better direction. Which she always liked doing, she would’ve got a job in a rehabilitation centre or a therapeutic job if she had the education for it. 

“I’m proud of you, Eun.” Bomi stopped cutting her lemons and gave Eunji a pat on the back. “I just signed for 2 of the 7 days of the week so don’t get too excited.” Bomi shrugged, “It’s a start.” 

--
Chorong woke up at 1PM to her phone ringing. “Hello?” She hastily picks up her phone, not because she wanted to talk to whoever was on the other end but mostly to shut it up. 

“Chorong, are you sleeping?” Chorong rubbed her eyes and got up, lying against the headboard. “No, Hayoung.” Hayoung was Chorong’s younger sister who was still living with her parents, she was 18 years old. 

“I’m pretty sure you were, but anyways, guess what?” Hayoung was pretty fond on guessing games, and Chorong wasn’t. “Just tell me.” Chorong said groggily, she could hear Hayoung’s bright smile on the other end. 

“I GOT ACCEPTED INTO SEOUL UNIVERSITY!” She said loudly into the mic of the phone. Chorong woke up immediately. “REALLY? OH MY GOD, CONGRATULATIONS LITTLE SIS!” Chorong cheered.

“I’m gonna come live with you in your apartment!” Hayoung was excited to live together with Chorong, the older of the two on the other hand was not that keen on living with her sister. She liked privacy and this was a one bedroom apartment with a living room, bathroom and kitchen.

Their conversation went on, about how they would spend time with eachother and it be nice to live together after a long time of being apart, small talk. 

“Hayoung...” Chorong sighed. “Yes?” The younger replied and Chorong took a breath before she asked, “Do you think that I’m really cold? That I shut everyone out?” 

Hayoung hesitated before answering, “Well, you were never the social type. Doesn’t make you worse or better than anybody.” Chorong bit her lip. “But I think that I should start talking to people more.” Chorong said honestly.

“I think you should do what makes you happy.” It was cliche but it helped Chorong. It was a lonely time in her life and she finally came to admit that she needed and wanted friends. It would help her be a healthier person. “I’ll talk to you later, Hayoung.” 

“Okay. Bye, Unnie.” Hayoung hung up and the phone and Chorong got up to take a shower.

“I’ll go to the club today, and make some friends.” She talks to herself, and smiles, satisfied with her plan. “But what do people where to clubs to make friends?” Chorong looked through her closet and not a single thing looked appropriate. She google her question and the results that came up looked like nothing she would wear in her regular life. 

“Guess I gotta go shopping.” Chorong took a bus to the mall and looked through numerous stores. She was on a budget so Walmart was automatically her first resort. Only graphic tees and oversized clothes were available, no mini dresses or anything with sequins. 

She went through the rest of the mall and found a store that seemed appropriate. There were elegant night party dresses and dresses, for things like what she was going to tonight. 

She ended up picking a mini dress that was blue with some sequins. She awkwardly tried it on but decided she looked at least nice in it. “This one will do...” She looks at the price tag and contemplates of a second whether to get it or not. 

“$120 is expensive but whatever, it’s one time.” She takes it to the cashier and swiped her card, trying pretty hard not to regret what she just did. 

11pm hit and Chorong decided to head to Leo’s Club. She walked to the doorway and looked at the crowd of people grinding on each other. She pauses to think about whether to go in or not and shakes her head, pushing herself in at once. 

She notices some guys looking at her and felt kind of awkward. “Who knew one wardrobe change could cause people to actually look at you?” She mumbled to herself. 

Suddenly someone comes up behind her and hugs her. “You look gorgeous tonight.” Chorong turns around almost slapping whoever was there, until she saw the face. “You scared the out of me, Bomi!” She shouts hitting her on the head. 

“Ow..” Bomi whines rubbing her sore spot. She wasn’t sure if Chorong was still angry at her for last night, she wasn’t sure if Chorong was angry at all. But Bomi was the type who thought that if she acted like nothing happened, then it would be forgotten. 

Chorong sits down at the bar and Bomi follows her. “Can you get me a drink, please?” Chorong asks Bomi and Bomi points toward another girl behind the bar. 

“Eunji is working tonight.” Chorong recognizes Eunji from that day a week ago. “She works here too?” The girl sitting uncomfortably, trying to hide her private parts, asks. “Well, kind of. My boss paid her $50 dollars to work here for one night and she agreed so she’s taking my shift.” Bomi explains and Chorong nods. 

“Eun! Get this hottie a whisky on ice, lemon wedge for garnish.” Chorong blushes when she hear Bomi refer to her as a ‘hottie’. In her whole life, the only person to call her anything remotely close to hot, beautiful, pretty were her sister, mom, and Bomi. 

“So why are you dressed like this?” Bomi touches the sequin pattern on the dress and nods approvingly. “I can’t be?” Chorong raises an eyebrow, challenging the girl across from her. 

“No, no. By all means, dress like this everyday because you look, like, GREAT. It’s just the other times I’ve seen you, you seemed conservative and y’know.. But you look like you’re ready to dance, drink, and party now.” Bomi shrugged, trying to use the best words she could to describe what she was thinking to Chorong while not offending her. 

“Okay.” Was all Chorong said to her. She chugged her whisky and grabbed Bomi’s hand. 

“Let’s go dance, Bbom.”