Chapter 26

Pictures of You

“Unnie! What’s for dinner?” Hyunah asked cheerfully coming into the house.

“Sunny what are you making? It smells so good,” Tiffany said with a hint of exhaustion. After the door installation and lunch, she took Hyunah and Sunhwa out to a movie and some last minute shopping for things for the New Year’s party. “Where’s Jessi?”

“She’s asleep in her room,” Sunny said while putting the final touches on the meal.

“Sunny, that looks so good,” Sunhwa said while hovering around in the kitchen putting away some things into the refrigerator. “Do you want me to go wake Jessica up for dinner?”

“No, don’t! She could use her rest.”

“Is that the beef from the freezer?” Tiffany asked in curiosity.

“Yeah, it has been there for a while so I’d thought I’d cook it. You weren’t saving it for anything were you?”

“No, that’s fine. It has been there for a while,” Tiffany said helped moved dished to the table and they all gathered for dinner. “What’s wrong with Jessi?”

“I don’t know, but I think she spent all afternoon drinking. I had to drive her home,” Sunny said with a mouthful of rice.

“Why was she drinking in the middle of the day?” Hyunah asked.

“I don’t know... Tiffany, do you know if she had a fight with Yuri recently or something?”

“Not that I know of, they seem to be doing well I can’t imagine them not getting along,” Tiffany said.

“I mean I can’t think of any other reason she would have for drinking... she was so out of it...” Sunny continued

“What happened?” Sunhwa asked.

“Well she called me, saying some random things. You just know, that drunk calling. So I went to find her she was that place we used to go a long time ago. It was my first guess. So I show up and she’s drunk. Slurring and talking non-sense. Tiffy, you know Jessi’s never like that. She gets out of hand like maybe... well like never. Tipsy or buzzed, and she gets sleepy but she was drunk this time so I had to drive her home. Got her home, I had to carry her inside and then get her to the bed. It hurt so much, I had to get the rolling chair and put her in it... oh she must have thought I was Yuri or something because she tried to kiss me after I tucked her in.”

“WHAT?!?! She tried to kiss you?!” Hyunah said..

“Yea, well she came up and tried. Like our lips touched but I pulled away before she could really get anything going...” Sunny answered.

“Why would she try to kiss you? You don’t look anything like Yuri... how drunk is she?” Tiffany questioned.

“I know! It’s weird right?” Sunny commented. “I’m worried about what’s going on with her.”

“It’s reminds me of that time when she got drunk and started groping us when we were helping her into the car...” Tiffany recalled.

“That’s hard to forget,” Sunny replied remembering the time when a drunk Jessica let her hands roam freely along her two best friends’ chests.

“I guess she moved on to kissing,” Hyunah stated in an off-color remark.

“Whatever the case, she had a lot to drink today. We should keep an eye on her,” Sunny said firmly in a caring manner.

“You’ve done enough. We should let her sleep alone, we don’t know if Jessica will be violent in her sleep or not,” Hyunah said.

“Don’t be ridiculous Jessi isn’t like that Hyunah,” Sunny said with a light laugh.

“But you never know right?” Sunhwa added, taking Hyunah’s side.

“Fine, I’ll just sleep with Tiffany tonight... you don’t mind to you?”

“Nope. Not at all... but I must warn you.. It’s been awhile since I’ve been in bed with another girl so I might not be able to control myself,” Tiffany answered.

“I’ll take my chances.” Sunny teased back.

Just around bedtime Tiffany was on the phone with Taeyeon who finally returned from lock-in volunteer duties; Sunny couldn’t hear what Taeyeon was saying but it sounded like she would never volunteer for such an event again. Sunny decided Tiffany needed some privacy for the phone call and went on to check Jessica. Just then Hyomin called.

“You’re so lucky I haven’t gone to bed yet, just so lucky... What? Well I would be in bed but... No I wasn’t waiting for your call... Okay maybe I was a little, hehe... What am I doing right now? I’m checking up on Jessica... She got drunk and I had to put her to bed... Oh it was tough Hyomin! I had to carry her and she got so heavy I had to use the chair... What?! No no no no, I’m okay. I’m fine, I promise sweetie... Jessica has been asleep since I brought her home, I just want to make sure she’s sleeping on her side so she doesn’t throw up in the middle of the night and choke on it.... I read that it happened to people before... I’m not silly, it could totally happen!” Sunny conversed with her girlfriend while loosen up some of Jessica’s clothes and gently turning Jessica on her side.

“You’re weird... So you really will be working all day tomorrow?... I thought you paid for your car in full... oh so you asked your parents to let you make payments? Are you trying to be a big girl to impress me?... No I don’t care either way really... Tomorrow I am seeing the doctor and doing a rehab... Oh I’ll probably help Tiffany prepare for the party because you know I’m so awesome in the kitchen... Okay, I’ll see you Friday...  No I won’t sleep with Jessica, I’m sharing the bed with Tiffany tonight... Are you jealous?... You sound really jealous... Awww that’s cute, Hyomin can blush after all.... Okay, goodnight... I love you too babe...”

Sunny returned to Tiffany’s bedroom and checked to see if Tiffany was off the phone before crawling to the bed.

*********************

Her head pounded. What was that ringing? Why was it so damn loud? She propped her arm up and pushed herself up off the mattress. She felt heavy. Her arms felt weak; after all she hasn’t been to the gym in about two weeks. That’s why. She needs to get back to the gym. Oh man is the room spinning? She placed her feet on the floor and stumbled up. Her bedroom door was open but she couldn’t smell anything cooking in the kitchen. Where was everyone?

“Hello?” She asked. No answer. She hobbled her way to the bathroom. She the sink placed her hands under the running water and splashed her face. Something was wrong though. She quickly got down on her knees at the toilet and yakked out the contents of her stomach. It was gross. She felt a little better, but nowhere near feeling good about herself. “What did I do last night? Oh my god, Yuri!”

She quickly wanted to go grab her phone but her room felt so far at the moment. Maybe she’ll wait a little longer, just a little bit. She wasn’t quite done. A second wave. Urgh. This was the setback from drinking. She flushed the toilet and pulled herself up to washed her face and rinsed . Focus Jessica. Focus. She pulled open a drawer and looked for the aspirin to tame the throbbing in her head. She willed herself back to her bed and collapsed onto the mattress and reached for her phone. It was much later in the day then she thought. Everything was such a mess and she must have made things worst. She looked down on her phone and no messages or missed calls from Yuri.

Jessica shredded off her clothes and decided it was time for a nice long hot shower which turned into a hot bath. The iPod dock was on and music provided the ambient noise to ease the relaxation. It was working until it starting playing a line of sad songs. Air Supply’s ‘All out of love’, Tamia’s ‘Almost’, ‘Officially Missing You’, ‘Baby Come Back’. It was definitely Tiffany’s ipod on the dock. It ruined her mood, if she even had one to begin with. She hit the drain and let the water slowly run down. All the water in the world couldn’t wash her emotions. She remembered vaguely of her incident with Yuri and remembered she called Sunny. She was drunk, she knew that much. ‘Gosh did I say anything stupid or dumb to Sunny? Did I call Yuri?’

OMG! She did. The call log didn’t lie. She dialed Yuri several times before calling Sunny. Embarrassed. Great, just great. She was hungry and needed to get something to eat. She just needed to get her mind straight. She prepared herself something to eat when the door rattled and open. Sunhwa stumbled in carrying Sunny on her back.

“What happened?!” Jessica asked fearing something wrong.

“She’s just tired and fell asleep in the car. She overworked herself today in therapy,” Hyunah answered and directed Sunhwa to the bedroom. Hyunah and Sunhwa gently placed Sunny down onto her bed and let the girl snooze away.

“So she’s fine?” Jessica asked.

“Yes, she’s fine. She just works so hard that she used all her energy,” Sunhwa said. “Oh! We left her shoes on, I’ll go get them!”

Hyunah and Jessica were left at the dining table. Hyunah wanted to say something and this was as good as a time as any. They didn’t have too many moments alone. Hyunah may have been young but she knew enough.

“So she had a tough morning huh?” Jessica said finishing her meal.

“Unnie... I like you, I do. But don’t think I don’t know what you been doing... I know what’s been going on...” Hyunah said in Korean.

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“Your confession to Sunny at the hospital... Why we found you at the apartment that day... you had a fight with Yuri didn’t you? You went to the bar and got drunk and then tried to kiss Sunny! I know it all...” Hyunah said.

“What? Don’t be ridiculous, you’re way off base Hyunah,” Jessica said in defense. She’d tried to kiss Sunny? Oh my gosh what else happened? No way she would be that careless, Hyunah’s lying Jessica thought.

“‘You’re my Sunny bunny. You wouldn’t leave me, right?’ or maybe ‘I won’t let you leave. I love you, Sunny’. How about when you told Sunny ‘I can’t live without you, I’d give anything for you to be okay’? I was there, I was outside the room!” Hyunah said.

“You eavesdropped on me?!?! How dare you!!” Jessica raised her voice, going typical Korean seniority. Anger was the first reaction she could think of. Hyunah retaliated by raising her own voice and removed a lot of her usual whine.

“It was a public place! Anyone could have heard you! Yuri could have heard you!! What were you thinking huh?! Hyomin, anyone else could have heard that!!!!” It stunned Jessica. The young girl just beat her. Hyunah was right and Jessica backed down immediately with defeat written all over her face. Hyunah knew the thoughts were now rolling through Jessica’s mind. “Don’t worry. I didn’t tell Yuri and I didn’t tell Sunny. I haven’t told anyone...”

“Thank you...”

“I didn’t do it for you.”

“I know...”

“They should hear it from you...” Hyunah said more sternly.

“I know...”

“Unnie is happy with Hyomin, are you sure she loves you like you love her? Yuri or Sunny. You can’t have both, and someone will end up hurt...”

“I…”

“Don’t say ‘I Know’! Just get your together and figure this out! If you don’t maybe I’ll tell someone... and you can choose who!” Hyunah said definitively in English. She got up and joined Sunhwa in the room with a dramatic walk-off.

Jessica spent the rest of the day avoiding Hyunah and Sunny; just subtle things like keeping herself busy or occupied. And when did Hyunah learned swear words? Sunny had asked if Jessica wanted to play PlayStation but declined and instead Sunny and Hyunah played instead.

****************************

Friday morning. It was a big day. Sunny, Hyunah and Sunhwa were busy helping Tiffany prepare for the party; putting away things into boxes and containers to loading them into Tiffany’s SUV.

“Why can’t we just cook and make everything here?” Sunhwa asked.

“There’s so much to do! It’d be easier to just finish everything over at Taeyeon’s instead of trying to do it here and drive in time...” Tiffany quickly answered. “Someone wake up Jessica!”

“She’s up. She’s in the bathroom,” Sunny said.

“Jessi!!! GET YOUR SKINNY OUT HERE AND HELP ME! YOU SAID YOU WOULD!”  Tiffany screamed.

“I’m up, I’m up, I’m up! Gosh you don’t have to yell! And I’m not that skinny!” Jessica said and immediately went to the kitchen to help Tiffany. “I’m here, you happy?”

“Ecstatic!” Tiffany answered and gave Jessica a quick peck on the cheek. “Now get to work, take this to my car...”

“Yes master...” Jessica said with a droll.

“Don’t get cute with me. This will be the best New Year’s Eve party ever!”Tiffany said packing her outfit and accessories for the night. “Okay, everything is set. Let’s head over there.”

“I have other plans tonight, so I’ll be taking my own car!” Jessica said. After a brief trip on the road they ended up at the apartment where Taeyeon quickly welcomed them in. Yoona was blowing up balloons and Taeyeon had her apron on ready to get to work in the kitchen. “Where’s Yuri?”

“Oh, she said she had some things to do today and wouldn’t be back till after New Years,” Taeyeon answered after hugging Tiffany. She then whispered into Tiffany’s ear, “I was going to wear nothing but an apron but there were too many people around.”

“You won’t win.” Tiffany smiled and whispered back and lightly patted Taeyeon’s rear end. After hauling all the stuff in they began working. “Jessica, your job is simple, just slice the cheese into cubes. Nothing fancy.”

“Tiffany! You know that’s too difficult for her!” Sunny joked while preparing some meats. Jessica protested against the attack and sliced various sized and shaped cubes from the cheese blocks. Hyunah and Sunhwa diligently worked on pulling out the folding tables and getting the chairs up. It may have been a New Year’s party, but Tiffany’s goal was to have a very sensible dinner meal with her friends as well. She knew she could make the combination of dinner party and New Year celebration mesh into a perfect evening. The hours rolled by and things began to come together, Jessica excused herself. The rest were determining the order to shower since they all smelled like the food they spent the last few hours preparing.

*******************************

“Jiyeon let’s go! I’m supposed to get you over to the campus so you can go to that party with Jieun,” Hyomin shouted while putting on her earring. She stopped and looked at her camera collection trying to decide which to take for the night.

“I’m good!” Jiyeon said with her party clothes on. She was provocatively dressed with stockings and a mini cocktail dress and a long short peacoat.

“You’re going dressed like that?”

“It’s a party! Everyone will be dressed like this! Plus I really want to get some attention from the boys.”

“Figured as much,” Hyomin replied and pushed her out the door. She mentally checked through her list of things; camera, camcorder, laptop, phone... she was just too techie sometimes but that’s how the A/V parties were. She chatted with Jiyeon during the whole drive to the campus. “Okay be safe, but have lots of fun!”

“You know I will! Bye!” Jiyeon said and practically hopped and skipped her way out. “Hyomin... don’t do anything naughty tonight!”

“I’m not that kind of girl!” Hyomin laughed and pulled out of the campus. She got on her phone via bluetooth device. “Sunny! Where are you?... Okay, I’ll be there soon, I’m heading there now.... I’ll see you in a bit.... Okay, bye.”

*******************************

Jessica ran the straightener through her hair working it out to perfection; she wanted it to be perfect. No strand out of place. Her make-up had to be perfect; she wouldn’t leave it to chance. It took her a little over an hour to be completely ready to go. She grabbed her coat and her shoes. She slipped into some fleece lined boots to drive and would change into her heels once she got there. This was it Jessica, this will work.

Jessica arrived at the restaurant, sat down and waited. The reservation was made before the fight. Jessica didn’t want to waste the reservation and hoped it would be a chance to see and talk to Yuri. There she was, all dressed up and no date. She waited. Ten minutes. Twenty minutes. Thirty. Forty. An hour passed. Jessica refused to give up her table; she ordered a single glass of white wine and assured that she had someone coming. Another fifteen minutes passed and Jessica began to lose hope. She was ready to take her leave when Yuri sat down across from her. Yuri was as elegantly dressed as Jessica.

“I was beginning to think you wouldn’t come...” Jessica said with a faint smile.

“I’ve thought about it but I knew you would be here,” Yuri replied.

“I really wanted to tell you that...”

“Don’t. Let’s not start with that, let’s just try to enjoy dinner first shall we?”

“Of course, whatever you like... it’s on me,” Jessica said.

“Oh, I know it is, as it should be...” Yuri said looking through the menu.

******************

“Oh my gosh the food is so good...” Hyomin said with a full mouth and crumbs falling out. The astonishingly pretty girl had a knack for ruining her image.

“Hyomin! Gosh, try to at least be lady like!” Sunny said wiping the corners of Hyomin’s mouth with a napkin.

“Hyomin unnie, you need to slow down or you’ll choke!” Hyunah whined.

Hyomin finished her food in gulps and took Sunny’s drink to wash it all down. She posed for photos with everyone and started into her zone taking photos for memories. After Sunny got her picture taken with people she said goodbye. They still had the Hyomin’s AV party to attend.

“Hyomin what are you doing?” Tiffany asked.

“Just taking some things to-go!” Hyomin replied stuffing a few items into a lunch box from the kitchen. “I’ll bring it back, don’t worry. Thanks again for the dinner, it was very good.”

“Be safe!” Tiffany cried out when the two went out the door. Hyomin was welcomed immediately at the AV party; being one of the few females, she was quite popular. No doubt her good looks helped with that. Sunny was normally out-going but with these people, whom she only meet a few times, was still rather shy and hung in the back a bit behind Hyomin and off to the side. She just smiled, nodded and laughed at the opportune times. They had jokes and insider things that Sunny was not aware of. Some joked about whether she and Sunny were going to move to an open relationship so that Hyomin could start seeing boys again. Sunny even met an ex-boyfriend of Hyomin’s, and it was the last time she’d ever date anyone from the AV club. Hyomin was still friends with him though.

She automatically started sizing the guy up; making little comparisons in her head. Well she was certainly smaller, weighed less and knew a lot less about all this tech and AV stuff. The guy looked like he worked out... she does too, well just not lately. Oh she missed working out, just a little bit. Ultimately it was hard to feel intimidated by the guy, after all Sunny was a girl. Apples to Oranges. If Sunny was male though, she most likely would be somewhat inferior to the guy though. Sunny silently smiled inside, she won this contest... that was until there was talk of stories.

“What?! Is that what he said?!” Hyomin cried out in comical anguish. She looked at him and punched him in the arm. “Why are you lying to people! You ! We didn’t sleep together… okay we spent the night and slept in the same bed.. but we didn’t have ...”

“We didn’t have a !” He shot back.

“Oh you wouldn’t even know how to use one… You see guys, he couldn’t even undo his belt that night, all butter fingers!” Hyomin said making the motions with her fingers

The guys laughed a bit at the story and made off centre comments; Sunny was back into ‘smile and nod’ mode, this was the first she heard of this story. Was her girlfriend this open to people about and the like? Especially to guys? Now there was a story about Hyomin topless? What the hell?

“No Sunny you see, I wasn’t completely topless, I still had my bra on but my t-shirt got caught in the thing, and...” Hyomin tried to explain through the laughter. Hyomin was blushing but it was obvious she could take the jokes at her own expense. It was also clear that maybe the things Sunny has seen, others have seen too. “It was just a freak accident... see now look what you guys did!!! She’s mad!!!!”

Sunny liked to poke her tongue on the insider of her cheeks when she was upset or annoyed and Hyomin noticed. Hyomin wrapped her arms around Sunny in a hug and tried to play it off. The other guys were laughing and trying to be supportive, in their own way but neither succeeding. Hyomin held a piece of the flank steak from the fajita in front of Sunny baiting her to eat it. ‘Fine, I’ll play along’ Sunny said to herself and took the piece of meat.

“I swear you guys are going to get me in trouble...” Hyomin said to the crowd. The banter of the conversations died down a bit as people presented short little videos and presentations to one another. It wasn’t long until it was Hyomin’s turn to try and impress her peers. Hyomin plugged her laptop to the project to show some quick pieces that she had put together. It might not have matched up to the same technical skills as the others but still impressive and people cheered and were wow-ed. Time seemed to creep by and soon Hyomin decided that they had stayed long enough. Sunny’s only entertainment was video games and that just wasn’t enough sometimes. Hyomin said farewell to everyone and led Sunny to the car.

“Are we going back to Taeyeon’s? It’s not midnight yet, it’s kinda early...” Sunny asked.

“Oh I know, I just think we should stop by my place, since it’s on the way...”

“Why would we stop by there?”

“It’s a surprise!”

“No really.”

“No really, it’s a surprise!”

“What do you have planned?!”

“Sunny, I told you it’s a surprise, just wait!”

**************

“Is it good? Do you like it?” Jessica asked.

“Yes, I picked out the place, I knew what to expect..”

“You’re being cold on purpose aren’t you?”

“Well what did you expect Jessica? Me being all tears over for you?”

“I’m sorry... Yuri I really am...”

“Uh-huh...”

“I’ve really missed you... and I’m so sorry... if we can go somewhere and talk about it...”

“I’m not sure I’m ready for that... I just came to be nice, we had these plans and I knew you would have just spent tonight alone otherwise...”

“Yuri... please, I’m just so sorry about what I did, I’m really sorry, it was all my fault...I don’t know what I was thinking... please, just please forgive me,” Jessica pleaded.

“Forgive you for what?”

“... for...” Jessica said softly.

“For saying someone else’s name right when we were about to ?” Yuri said rather bluntly. Some people nearby heard and gave their judging and curious looks over to the two. It was definitely an embarrassing moment and stung Jessica to be called out and put on the spot like that. There wasn’t anything she could say in response. There was no good comeback. “Pretty speechless huh? Yeah well I would be too.”

“I’m sorry...” Jessica said softly again, trying to hide her shame. Yuri could tell it was getting too much for the girl. She wanted Jessica to suffer but maybe should tone it back, but Yuri had every right; she knew she could be as furious and harsh. “You can go if you want...I wouldn’t blame you...”

Midnight had yet to struck but Jessica couldn’t see the night lasting any longer; she should just take the small blessings that Yuri showed up at all. Yuri signaled for the waiter to bring the check. “I didn’t drive... I took a taxi here, so I’ll need a ride home.” The statement caught Jessica even more off guard; she just pulled out her card and placed it into the billfold and just stared blankly. After it was paid for Yuri got up and walked with Jessica to the car and waited for the valet to bring it around. Jessica handed the valet a tip slid into her driver seat, and exchanged her heels for her boots. Yuri got in and strapped on her seatbelt and said plainly. “Drive.”

The drive was quiet. The awkward silence was had been taken to a whole new level. Jessica took a few peeks and glances over to Yuri who was just looking out the window. She was elsewhere; pensive, lost in thought, Yuri was running stuff through her head. Jessica was too, but she also had to keep focus on the road. her Acura drove from the front wheels and the Genesis drove from the rear; the slick roads made for some interesting turns and tire spin that she wasn’t quite yet accustomed to. With the snow falling, her inexperience and her lack of emotional stability; the only reason she didn’t get into a collision was because there wasn’t anyone on the road. Midnight was just half an hour away, everyone was where they were supposed to be.

Jessica nerves were on edge even when they pulled into the complex and moved to the parking lot. Jessica knew she should say something now; she couldn’t go up to the party, it would be awkward, but then again it was already awkward. Yuri didn’t get out right away either... she had something she wanted to say. “Jessica, I like you. I really do... but you make everything so hard...”

“I like you too... Yuri I do...”

“Do you really? Because from what it seems...”

“I don’t want to lie to you anymore, but I do... have feelings for Sunny,” Jessica said with hesitation. Yuri just sat in her seat, still looking out the window. “But it doesn’t mean that I don’t like you...”

“What the hell does that mean?! Huh?! You have feelings for someone but you also like me? Two years Jessica, two years I’ve crushed on you!!! I loved you! What do you mean? Tell me so I can understand because it’s not registering on this end!” Yuri yelled with a fury of emotions. She had finally turned to look Jessica dead straight in the eyes, she wanted an answer. Something. Anything.

“I’ve loved her since I was a girl! I just don’t really know when it happened ... I just... She was there for me, and I was alone and new to Korea. She was there, I spent everyday with her. I’ve loved her for the longest time, and when you kissed me that first time it was new and amazing... and I thought ‘wow, Yuri must really like me, that was better than any guy has ever kissed me’ and then I just thought you’ve liked me for the longest time and I just never realized it and maybe I could make it work. So I liked you, I loved you and thought you could be my escape from Sunny... and it worked... I fell for you... I was entranced and mesmerized... I enjoyed us... I liked us... but then when Sunny was in the hospital... everything just started coming back... and I felt so guilty because I still loved Sunny so much, but I was with you and you didn’t know... and I didn’t want to use you because I was and... it’s just all so... it’s just all so ed up now.... I can’t....” Jessica ranted and rambled with tears slowly falling from her eyes.

“SHUT UP! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!” Yuri screamed and quickly slapped Jessica across the face out of anger. She felt the regret after stinging sensation left her hand. Jessica tears flowed more freely; she just took the hit and seemed as if wanted another one. Jessica felt like maybe if Yuri slaps her enough she’ll be forgiven; washed of guilt, something. Yuri wanted to cry too, she just wanted vent out so much. She turned away from Jessica and looked down to the floormats. “I... I don’t even know what to say right... I don’t know where to begin... Jessi I...”

“I’m sorry... I’m so sorry... I love you, I really do...”

“But you’re torn in two right? Is that it? So if Hyomin and Sunny split up, what happens? You leave me to go to her...”

“It’s not like that... Sunny doesn’t love me that way...”

“Oh so again, I’m just something you settled for...that’s just so charming to hear...”

“It’s not like that... I’m not settling... Yuri please... if anything you’re settling for me... I’m just so horrible, you could do so much better.... I’m just, so so so so so sorry,” Jessica manage through her dry sobs.

“ARGH!!! I DON’T WANT TO EVEN LOOK AT YOU RIGHT NOW... I’m so, I don’t even know if I’m mad, disappointed or sad,” Yuri vented out. She glanced at the clock on the car’s center console, the clock had struck midnight. She muttered out almost sarcastically, “Happy New Year.”

“Wha?” Jessica asked feeling rather confused. Was it some kind of joke? Who cares about New Years right now? She felt it was best to maybe respond anyways. “Happy New Year Yuri...”

******************

“Hyomin, why are these so many candles around?! How come Soyeon isn’t home yet?”

“The candles are for extra heat... let me find a lighter and well Soyeon probably fell asleep at the office,” Hyomin answered slowly lighting the candles and stripping down her outer winter wear, shaking out the snow from her body.

“Hyomin... What are you trying to pull?”

“Nothing... Nothing at all...” Hyomin answered leaning in slowly wrapping her arms around Sunny and moving in for a deep kiss. Hyomin’s hands slowly ran over Sunny’s body shredding off the overcoat. Hyomin’s fingers then danced along Sunny’s backside seductively and which prompted Sunny to pull away from the kiss.

“Oh what do you think you’re trying to do?” Sunny asked in an amusing manner. “You think I don’t know what’s going on?”

“It’s New Year’s, and I thought I start us off with a bang!” Hyomin said. It was a horrible joke, but even Sunny had to laugh at it. Hyomin dragged Sunny by the arm into the bedroom; Sunny half heartedly resisted and played into Hyomin’s charades. “You know you want this!” Hyomin laughed and pushed Sunny softly into the bed.

“You think you can charm me that easily?” Sunny questioned putting a fake wall of defense. Hyomin crawled onto the bed and slowly worked her way onto Sunny; trying earnestly to look y and seductive. Hyomin leaned into kiss Sunny in a teasing manner and slowly pulled away and went down for the button of Sunny’s jeans. “Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!” Sunny sounded and placed her hands over Hyomin’s stopping the taller girl’s progress. Hyomin just grinned and undid the button and pulled down the zipper, revealing the front of Sunny’s which had ‘happy holidays’ imprinted in festive patterns all over. Sunny was a bit shock; that just happened and it showed on her first.

“Oh I recognized these, you’ve very welcome by the way,” Hyomin said with a smile and a laugh. Sunny pulled her hands back to her face to cover herself from embarrassment as Hyomin tugged on the jeans to pull them off. There was more of a struggle to get the jeans than Hyomin had anticipated but she relished in the victory, holding the denim above her head and then flung it to the floor. It would have been okay but Hyomin put in too much unattractive spunk in her victory that Sunny buried her face into her arms laughing. Hyomin reached for Sunny’s long socks but she kicked lightly at her attacker.

“No! I don’t want my feet to be cold!” Sunny protested in her cute voice. Hyomin couldn’t help but giggle and let the tiny girl keep her socks. Hyomin moved up to remove Sunny’s layers of t-shirts until Sunny was down to her tiny tank top. Sunny still didn’t like to wear a bra yet because of the wounds from surgery was still a bit soft and slightly painful. Hyomin reached her hands under the helm of the tank top and pull them off but had them slapped. “Na-uh! How come I’m the only one who's getting undressed here?! If you want to get anywhere tonight, I demand a show... Strip!”

“Fine... I can play that way!” Hyomin said with a big smile. She pushed Sunny back down onto the mattress and hopped off to the ground at the foot of the bed. She started to sway her hips and dance in a terrible, terrible manner of overdoing iness that borderline the realm ‘of please tell me that this girl is special’. Hyomin pulled on the button of her pants and slowly undid them letting them slide down to the ground; Hyomin twirled as the pants fell letting Sunny catch a glimpse of her backside, which was fully revealed thanks to the so tiny that it could hardly be considered proper underwear. Sunny gave some encouraging cheers and whistles as Hyomin continued the show. She tried to kick the pants off her feet and failed miserably; she tripped and stumbled to the ground in a loud thud. She instantly popped back up. “I’m okay, I’m okay... I meant to do that... I’m okay.” Sunny broke out into laughter and couldn’t stop. “It’s not funny, I could have been hurt.” Sunny laughed even harder, Hyomin finally caved and laughed at herself. “Fine, fine... I tripped. It’s not like you could have done any better!” Hyomin laughed and quickly removed her top articles of clothing and threw to Sunny’s face as hard as she could.

Sunny was still in laughter as she caught the clothes and threw them to the side. Hyomin charged to the bed in just lingerie and pounced onto the bed knocking Sunny back down onto the mattress and slamming the headboard into the wall. Hyomin’s hands ran up from Sunny’s knees and traced the soft skin on its journey upward. Hyomin’s left hand stopped momentarily on the elastic bandage wrapped around Sunny’s right thigh. Sunny noticed the pause; she reached her own hand down to Hyomin’s and ran it down to Hyomin’s hand and grabbed a hold of it and guided it on its planned path upward. Hyomin gave Sunny that nervous chuckle of a smile; it was clear to Sunny that Hyomin was feeling bad about the accident. Hyomin still blamed herself for Sunny’s injuries. Sunny leaned up and gave Hyomin a quick kiss much like a puppy its owner's face. “Heh, sorry,” Hyomin said softly in a chuckle.

“It’s okay,” Sunny answered with a smile of her own, but it wasn’t enough to ease Hyomin back into the mood yet. Sunny propped up for a long deep kiss, when she came down she looked into Hyomin’s eyes. She then demanded with a straight face, “Tell me I’m still pretty...” Sunny then guided Hyomin’s hand up to trace some of the scar from the operation. “Tell me that you still want me.”

Hyomin traced the scar and then interlocked her fingers with Sunny’s and leaned in for a kiss. “You are the most beautiful thing that I have ever laid eyes on... I’ve wanted you’d ever since I saw your lime green ...” Hyomin pulled in for another kiss. “You are so y, so cute, so amazingly stunning that I can’t stop looking or touching you... I want you so bad...”

“You’re such a liar,” Sunny smiled and kissed Hyomin. Sunny was always a humble and modest girl, she knew she was cute but never really thought of herself as stunningly beautiful. She knew from others that she was an attractive girl but she never really acted out much on it. However she knew that asking Hyomin to say such things would ease the taller girl. Sunny had grown to terms with her body; she wanted Hyomin to be able to come to terms with it too. Sunny helped undo the clasp of Hyomin’s bra and let the straps slide off her slender shoulders. Their lips reengaged in a tango and their hands explored each other’s body more intimately. However there seemed to be a plateau; no one seemed to be making the next move. Sunny waited for Hyomin to move further. Hyomin, with her full exposed to Sunny, waited on Sunny to move on further. Sunny laughed softly and urged Hyomin on, “What are you waiting for?”

Hyomin chuckled and sat herself down onto Sunny’s lap. She chuckled again and went forward for a move but then stopped and then just chuckled again. Sunny was curious and asked “What’s going on?” Hyomin chuckled again. “Well, to be completely honest, I’ve never done this before... so I don’t know what to do...”

“What?! I thought you’ve done this before, I thought you were rather experienced. What kind of are you?” Sunny asked a bit in disbelief.

“No.. I mean when I slept with a guy before it was just sleep... I don’t know how this... ... all of it works... I never even did it to myself... I mean how would I know...”

“Not even by yourself?”

“Have you?”

“No...” Sunny said, almost sounding believable.

“Okay then, see! I just don’t know what to do... I thought you would know or that we would sort of just go with the flow and let the moment take us... I read that you just know it when it happens,” Hyomin replied.

“HAHAHAHAHA! So you! Hyomin Park, the is just all talk. All TALK but no walk! You have no idea what to do!” Sunny laughed from under Hyomin. The irony was too laughable. Hyomin for all her ertedness was completely noob. Sunny was completely noob too. How were they suppose to get anywhere with their intimate night? Sunny started to laugh again just thinking about the situation.

“I’m sorry...” Hyomin laughed and fell onto the bed beside Sunny. “Oh man, I ruined everything...should we just like google it?”

“What? No! That would be too awkward! It would just take you to ! You really want to watch to learn?” Sunny said.

“Well I mean neither of us knows what’s going on... we got the undressing part down, we got the kissing part down, and now we just need to work on the ‘ing’ part...” Hyomin said in her serious voice and face that made her seemed even sillier.

“So for New Year’s, we should just sit here and watch ?” Sunny scoffed. “I’m not sure I want to do that... so what now oh y goddess.”

“Kinda killed the mood huh?”

“OH yeah! It’s quite dead!” Sunny laughed.

“So what now?” Hyomin asked running her hands under Sunny’s tank.

“Well we could go back to the party... or what would you like to do?” Sunny asked.

“Well, if we’re not going to do it... maybe we can stay in, watch a movie, and turn on the TV? Something just the two of us? I’d have some popcorn somewhere...”

“I’d like that...” Sunny said with smiled and gave Hyomin a peck on the cheek. Sunny started to nozzle her way off the bed to her clothes but Hyomin protested.

“Soonkyu no! Can we at least cuddle together like this?” Hyomin asked adding a touch of aegyo at the end. “It’s not everyday I get you down to just undies...”

“Oh please, stop the ert act, you’re all talk... fine,” Sunny caved in. Sunny grabbed the blanket off the bed and walked with Hyomin out to the living room and snuggling into the sofa. Hyomin skipped to the kitchen to look for the popcorn to zap up in the microwave. Sunny couldn’t help but giggle. “Making popcorn , that’s such a sight to see!”

“Why?! Do I look fat? I’ve been trying to work out!” Hyomin said rubbing her belly and other parts of her body.

“Only you could ruin the whole girl in the kitchen fantasy...”

“I didn’t do anything!” Hyomin said coming back with the bowl of popcorn and a few tiny finger foods and a handful of water bottles. “Get up! I want to be on bottom!”

“Why?” Sunny pouted. “I’m already all comfy...”

“For one I’m bigger... and I want to wrap around you...” Hyomin answered tugging at Sunny to get out of the sofa. Sunny slipped down to the floor from Hyomin’s pull. Hyomin quickly secured her spot onto the sofa. Click the remote turned the TV on and Sunny snuggled her way into the Hyomin and the blanket. Hyomin pulled out the video camera to record another of her silly mockumentary of their relationship. “It’s New Years today and Sunny and I were so close to going all the way!”

“Argh! This over here didn’t know how to do it... such epic fail!” Sunny said into the camera making an ‘L’ on her forehand with her hands calling Hyomin a loser.

“It’s okay though! I’m going to study and make it up to her... me love her long time!” Hyomin said into the camera, the last part she did a heavy Asian accent. “I’d show you what we got going under the blanket but we’re practically so I can’t get that on camera! She’ll get mad.”

“I would...”

“See, told you! Maybe just a peak...” Hyomin pulled on the blanket and stuck the camera under but didn’t get anything special. “I love her so much that I have to respect her... and I love her so much that I know when she’s saying ‘no’ she means ‘yes’ so I have to totally respect that!”

“LIES! NOT TRUE!” Sunny said grabbing the camera from Hyomin’s hand.The two tussled a bit for the leverage of it and eventually Hyomin kept possession of the camera. Hyomin forced Sunny into a kiss for the camera before putting it away. “Those little chicken nuggets are really good!”

“Soyeon made them from scratch, home-made.... I told her you like meaty foods so she said she would try something just for you. So yeah I got my unnie to cook for you and she’s scary too... but I love you so much I stood my ground and told her ‘Soyeon, make something for Sunny!’ and she rewarded my moxy with nuggets,” Hyomin bragged sarcastically.

“You’re such a liar sometimes. I don’t know why my first girlfriend had to be you...”

“First?! You mean last and only!” Hyomin said and squeezed Sunny tightly. “First my , you’re my one and only!”

“You’re completely adorable and dorky, when you try to be all cute and romantic you know that?” Sunny said sinking herself further into Hyomin’s embrace. Hyomin had let go of her death grip and reached around to put the bowl of popcorn in front of Sunny so she would purposely have to keep her arms wrapped around her tiny prize. Sunny was about to say something else but Hyomin just stuffed with popcorn. Sunny gulped down the popcorn and heard ringing from the kitchen where they had left their cellphones. “Oh that’s mine, let me check it real quick!”

Sunny pulled out of the blanket and rushed to the fun and grabbed Hyomin’s as well and skipped back to the couch. “Tiffany and Taeyeon said happy new year” Sunny said and Hyomin checked her phone and got the same picture message. “Do you think we can be as good as Tiffany and Taeyeon?”

“Why not? We’re like... Sunny and Hyomin. The dynamic duo!” Hyomin answered. “They’re like, married but just don’t know it. We’ll be engaged soon enough...”

“Hah! If you say so! I got a message from my mom too.’Happy New Year, work hard in school, be healthy and be strong’ etc etc.” Sunny read out from her screen with Hyomin watching over the shoulder. Hyomin asked if Sunny’s mom sent that every year. “Typically yes, but this year she left out ‘meet a good boy’.”

“I really am starting to think your mom doesn’t like me.... Okay five minutes to play with our phones and then back to the TV and us getting fat and me feeling all over your body and getting away with it, okay?” Hyomin said. Sunny responded in Korean with ‘call’. The two sent and read all their new years messages and placed their phones on the table and returned their attention to the TV screen. “This is nice.”

“Yeah, you really think so?”

“I know so. Its cold outside but we’re here bundled together... it’s nice.”

“You’re right, Happy New Year Hyomin.”

“Happy New Year.”