Chapter 13

Pictures of You

“Freaking insane... I’m so out of shape...” She gasped and puffed between breaths as she ran with the crowds of people. A few minutes later she passed the finish line, trying to catch her breath.

“Hyomin! You did it! Way to go!” Sunny cheered patting her back. Sunny didn’t seem out of breath at all, nor did Tiffany. Jessica was eating one of the free bananas that they hand out down the finish line chute.

“Oh... I’m so tired.... but I’m so awesome... I finished...” Hyomin said between breaths. This was her second time running in a 5k, she had no idea the 3.2 miles would have been so hard.

Hyomin eagerly joined Sunny for the 5k, and figured she done one before and it’d be easier the next time. She was half right and yet half wrong. October was Cancer Month, and every year there was a Race for the Cure, Tiffany had gotten members from the tennis team to come out and run as part of a community service project, plus it was an excuse for Tiffany to wear a lot of pink. Jessica and Sunny were more subtle wearing just their tennis team tshirts. Hyomin whined and groaned about her pain and tired aching body.

“Oh you baby! Here get on, I’ll carry you to the massage tent,” Sunny said. She squat down just enough to let Hyomin hope on and peggy back her to the tent where they were giving out free 10 minute massages to runners.

It had taken Tiffany a brisk 24 minutes to run course while it took Sunny and Jessica about 28 minutes, Hyomin had pushed herself in at the 36 minute mark and welcomed water and the massage. This was it for Hyomin, she was going to ask Soyeon about going to the gym more often because if this was the work it required to keep up with her girlfriend’s active lifestyle, for sure she would not make it to the next birthday.

Not only did October meant a lot of pink ribbons, but it would also mark the one month for both Jessica and Yuri, and Sunny and herself. Granted their start days differed, and only Jessica and Yuri had been publicly announced, a celebration would still need to be in order. Soyeon still thought Hyomin had a new boyfriend and Jiyeon still yelled at Hyomin for hanging out and talking to Sunny when she could be out with her boyfriend. Tiffany, Hyunah and Taeyeon were clueless still to Sunny’s romantic kindles, but Hyomin was quite sure that if Jessica knew, there was a chance that Yuri knew.

It sort of pained Hyomin, because in actually today was her one-month anniversary with Sunny, and they ran a 5k and there secret meant their celebrations would have to be subtle. After the massages the girls went around for one more round to gather up the free goodies, from shoe laces, bags, coupons and even Jockey handing out sports bras and decided to leave downtown before the traffic worsen. Tiffany carefully maneuvered the Audi out of town and onto the freeway.

“Can’t we just go home first then the store?” Jessica asked.

“Why? We’re already out, this is way better. I mean it’s your party you know. Not mine.” Tiffany answered.

“But I smell like sweat, and , and something else...” Jessica complained.

“No... you smell like victory!” Tiffany said. “Besides Sunny and Hyomin don’t mind. Right?”

Sunny shook her head look at the mirror to catch Tiffany’s eyes and returned her eyes to her phone. Hyomin was laying in Sunny’s lap and had sent out a text message;

‘Happy One Month”, Sunny replied with a ‘I know, this girl won’t leave me alone. Grrrr....”

Hyomin made a pouty puppy face at Sunny but disappeared as Sunny on her long hair. The car stopped at a Sam’s Club and Tiffany jokingly told everyone to get out or die. The girls ran through store, while Tiffany and Jessica argued over items on the shopping list. Fajitas, that was what Jessica suggested, but Tiffany was inclined that inform Jessica that neither of them knew anything about making Tex-Mex food.

“I won’t be helping you cook you know, so maybe you should just get hot dogs, not even you can ruin that,” Tiffany bantered. Jessica just stuck out her tongue and placed the skirt steak she into the shopping cart. Sunny and Hyomin ran around to find bags of chips to place in the cart. The girls eventually filled the cart with various food items and went to check out. Hyomin decided to share with Sunny her treat of the churros and super big hot dogs. The girls returned home and Sunny let Hyomin take a nap on her bed and after the shower helped Jessica prepare the food for the party.

****************************

Soyeon was really worried and upset; Hyomin had spent the night at Sunny’s house and didn’t even bother to tell her. Soyeon would still have to be nice because she was going to the house for Yuri and Jessica’s one-month celebration party. How irresponsible of Hyomin, but she was an adult... still Soyeon always did have enough worries on her plate.

“Crazy girl will be the death of me.” Soyeon muttered to herself.

************************

“Sunny bunny help me!” Jessica whined with poor aegyo. “Tiffany says she won’t and you know I can’t cook.”

Sunny smiled and nodded and agreed to help. A good chunk of the work had been done yesterday, the skirt steak was marinating in the fridge, but other things had to be done. Like cutting tomatoes, lettuce, preparing the other side dishes. There was much work to be done to make the 6pm party start time. Hyomin watched TV with Hyunah, while Hyunah took turns between the screen and the pages of her textbook.

They had Jessica’s laptop plugged in on the kitchen counter reading the instructions. The girls steadily mixed the ground angus beef in a bowl and added the spices and ingredients as per instructions. It took the next 3 hours for Sunny and Jessica to finish chopping vegetables and preparing the food. The girls took a break to relax, Hyomin wanted some time and attention from Sunny, she was clingy to the point she was vexing during the break, but Sunny smiled and allowed it. Hyomin helped Sunny dragged out the little grill that was stored in the storage shed. Both girls wondered if it still worked, but fired it up and cheered in celebration.

Sunny and Hyomin would stay outside and cook the hamburgers for Jessica, which was quite perfect for Hyomin. She wouldn’t let her arms go of Sunny’s waist as Sunny placed the patties onto the grill.

“So what is hotter? Me, or the grill?” Hyomin asked cutely.

“Hmm... let me see, I can feel the heat from the grill, but from you... it’s just icy... so I will go with the grill.” Sunny said with a charming smile. While she was attacked by a battery of slaps from Hyomin. Hyomin whined that Sunny was always too mean, but she just laughed. She knew physically that Hyomin lacked the powers to cause too much bodily harm to her.

Hyomin finally stepped out from behind Sunny to pick up a cooked hot dog and waved it in front of Sunny’s face tempting her to eat. ‘No Hands’ Hyomin screamed, since Sunny had used her hands to touch some of the uncooked meat. So Sunny lunged at the hot dog, but each time Hyomin would pull away the hot dog, Hyomin’s mere 4 inches of height was noticeable, but given her arm span, she was able to force Sunny to hop off the ground to try and win her hot dog. Hyomin awarded the tiny girl with one bite. Hyomin again teased for the second bite, but as Sunny moved towards the hot dog Hyomin moved the meaty snack out the way and placed her lips there instead inadvertently causing Sunny to kiss Hyomin.

“Yah!!!! No fair!! That doesn’t count as a kiss,” Sunny protested but Hyomin just laughed and asked for another one. She threatened the girl with her spatula and returned her attention to the meat. Hyomin returned behind Sunny with a clingy hug bragging how she had gotten her one-month kiss. It was shortly afterwards that the food was done and the two returned inside the house. Tiffany had finished decorating and was changing for the party. Hyomin realized she didn’t have anything to wear for the party but a pair of cute jeans that she left in her car. Sunny said she would lend her a top to wear, she didn’t have to be formal. Sunny herself had changed into shorts, a blouse and a vest.

By 6pm the guest had started to arrive, first was Yuri and Taeyeon, followed by Sunhwa, who was invited by Hyunah. Soyeon, Jiyeon along with Ji-eun later. Yuri had invited some of her other friends, including Hyoyeon who taught the free dance aerobics class at the school rec center. There were random boys and girls from the Asian Club that Yuri was a part off and a few other tennis team members. One thing for sure was, there were more girls than boys, and there was a noticeable Korean to non-Korean ratio. Everyone mingled and had fun; Hyunah even had Sunhwa helping her with her math homework in the corner. Everyone rather enjoyed the food.

There was a toast for the night of course, where Tiffany had prepared french 75 for everyone, she thought it’d be a cute little addition to use the drink that started it all. Jessica blushed when the spotlight fell on her, and just thanked everyone for coming, and said that she knew it was silly to have a party for a 1-month and assured them that it wasn’t her idea. Yuri thank everyone, and raised her glass as every cheered and took a sip. Tiffany started chanting ‘Kiss kiss kiss kiss’ which lead the whole house to follow suit. Yuri wrapped her hands around Jessica’s waist and pulled her in gave her a long passionate kiss. Everyone erupted with cheers and applause. The festivities resumed shortly afterwards. The hour started to creep late into the night, it was a Sunday and school followed the next day.

Sunny had excused herself out to take a light walk to burn off some of the food and dragged Hyomin along with her. Jessica saw Sunny walk out the front door with Hyomin and took a peek through a window to see the two walking down the sidewalk holding hands. Jessica just smirked to herself after Tiffany grabbed her to pull her to the table of desserts.

Sunny laughed as they walk because Hyomin was juggling between holding a hot dog and one of Tiffany’s cupcakes. She grabbed the cupcake saying that she would hold on to it for her. The two now walked on a sidewalk that trailed a manmade lake that was abundant in the neighborhood. They walked about 14 minutes, must have been a mile when they stopped at bench that faced a dimly lit water fountain out in the lake. Hyomin had long finished her hot dog and was demanding the cupcake as the two sat down.

“I know we been together for a month now, and I know it’s hard for us to celebrate since we’re not very public yet. I’m sorry...” Sunny said reaching into the pocket of the vest pulling out a tiny box from Zales, revealing a little ring. It was sterling silver and had two hearts interlaced with two little birthstones. It wasn’t much, Sunny couldn’t have spent more than $100 on it, but it was cute and pretty. “I know it isn’t much really, but happy one month Hyomin.”

Hyomin gulped the last of her cupcake and eyed the ring. She fought the urge to cry, but a single tear rolled down her cheek. Hyomin took the box and looked at Sunny and smiled, and her eyes followed Sunny’s hand as she took the ring out of the box and slid it onto Hyomin’s left finger.

“I... I... didn’t prepare anything for you.... I didn’t get you anything... oh my gosh...” Hyomin said with a little more tears. Sunny wiped the tears and told her it was okay.

“You do things for me all the time, I just thought it’d be nice to have something for you, that says we’re together.”  Sunny said with a smile.

“I will get you one too. I promise... I like it, it’s so sweet and just perfect...” Hyomin said reaching into the bag she had and pull out a hamburger she had wrapped in foil from the party and handed it to Sunny. “I know it really isn’t much, but happy one month Soonkyu.”

“Yah! I give you a ring and you give me a hamburger?! One that I cooked?” Sunny teased taking the hamburger and hugging Hyomin. Hyomin took a picture of the moment with her camera; she wanted to document how they exchanged gifts for their 1-month, a burger for a ring.

Click.

Hyomin lowered herself onto Sunny’s lap and pulled out another burger and took tiny bites.

“What, they are really good! You and Jessica can really do burgers...” She mumbled through the food. Both girls laughed and ate their burgers while watching the lights around the fountain change colors. After they finished their burgers the girls walked back to the party, wondering if anyone would have noticed they were gone for almost an hour. The party was still going, but a good amount of food had disappeared and the drinks were all near empty. It was soon that everyone said goodbyes to depart from the party. Hyomin left at the same time Soyeon and Jiyeon did, everyone else had left a bit before then. Now only Taeyeon and Yuri remained and helped clean up, it was quick with so many hands helping. Tiffany and Taeyeon were sitting on the couch being flirty and touchy.

Tiffany was wishing it wasn’t a Sunday so that Taeyeon could spend the night. Jessica was in her room with Yuri, they didn’t talk but they were busy exchanging kisses while lying on Yuri’s bed.

“I can’t believe you’re finally mine,” Yuri said between her breathe while kissing Jessica. Jessica pulled away and smiled, and mouth out the words ‘of course’. Yuri’s eager hands were moving all over Jessica’s body; one had found its way under Jessica’s skirt and was squeezing her . Yuri was moving the other hand under Jessica’s shirt when there was a knock at the door. Both girls froze, as the door opened and Sunny popped in.

“Taeyeon says it’s time to get going... What are you doing?” Sunny pepped, and before Jessica and Yuri knew it Sunny and plopped herself on top of both of them. “So were you guys kissing? Did I ruin the moment?”

“Yes. Lee Soonkyu, you ruined it.” Jessica said with a laugh and hitting Sunny on the forehead. Yuri had quickly moved her hands out from where they were and hoped Sunny didn’t notice where they had been. “You ate so much today, please get off, you’re crushing both of us.”

Sunny laughed and rolled the bed and slipped of the edge onto the floor. Both Yuri and Jessica quickly peered over to see if the girl was okay, she was, she was flat on her bottom laughing. Yuri and Jessica couldn’t help but sigh and scoff at the tiny girl’s antics. Taeyeon stuck her head in to remind Yuri to go. Yuri gave Jessica one last kiss goodbye and ran out the bedroom to Taeyeon and both girls were let out by Tiffany. Jessica turned to Sunny who now was laying flat back on the floor.

“Yah! Way to ruin things. We had a mood and a moment going. That was not cool!” Jessica said and threw a pillow at Sunny, which only made her laugh. “Not funny, stop laughing. She was going for my and my , something could have happened...”

“Hahahaha... I’m sorry... although...” Sunny laughed, getting off the ground and jumping on the bed with Jessica’s pillow. “It doesn’t take much for someone to just grab your and s!”

With that Sunny lunged out and squeezed Jessica’s and poked at her with a gun shaped hand and run out of the room for her room.

“Yah!! Get back here!!!! SUNNY!!!!!” Jessica screamed giving chase.

**************************

The week had flown by so much; it passed by without Hyomin knowing it. She had spent most of her time after class with Sunny. They had done their routine rock wall climbing, but much to Hyomin’s despair; Sunny wore pants now whenever they climbed the wall. She couldn’t get her sly peeks up Sunny’s shorts anymore.

Tuesday was rather exciting; Sunny had participated in the campus intramural super fitness contest. Sunny, despite being the smallest girl in the female competition had won. Sunny was able to benchpress the most out of all the girls. For the males, their benchpress was scored on absolute strength, but for the girls it was relative strength. Sunny weigh in that day at a modest 95lbs, but she somehow was able to push the up with 140lbs of weight, roughly 1.47 times her body weight. All other girls in the competition were over 100lbs none put up more than 142lbs.

Sunny’s whole upper body had pushed hard and felt dead after doing it the two reps but Hyomin was excited. Sunny placed third in the situps with 76 in 2 minutes. She climbed the rock wall the fastest. Second in the shuttle run and was first in flexibility. Pull-ups was the last event and she managed to to 11, which was enough for first place, as all competitors by now were pretty tied. Overall results in Sunny winning first place, which meant she got a t-shirt stating she won and two gift cards. A $50 gift card to Cheesecake Factory and a $50 gift card to the place of her employ, Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Hyomin cheered and jumped up and down for her girlfriend’s accomplishments, though part of her felt a bit intimidated at the marvel of Sunny’s fitness. ‘I’m lucky to be with her’ she told herself, and she was especially excited that it meant they would have a dinner out at Cheesecake Factory. Sunny was feeling a bit tired walking to tennis practice; she let Hyomin carry her, which was funny if one was watching. Hyomin had a little difficulty putting on weight, she weight 95 in Korea just as Sunny does now, but the ‘more rich’ food of American did propel her a bit north of 99lbs. She struggled to carry Sunny to the intramural courts where practice was held.

Coach learned of Sunny’s victory and congratulated her, saying that it was not easy to win such a competition. Sunny got onto the court to hit with Jessica, trying to take it easy. Because the two always had the same tennis equipment it was easy to let one girl carry it all. Jessica’s bag had four of the Head flexpoint racquets in it, two had a light blue overgrip while two had a light green overgrip, and it was how the girls distinguished their equipment. Both girls used rubber bands for dampers, both used the same strings and tension, both had the same grip size, and both were right handed so the grip wrapped the same way, only the color of the grip help tell whose was who (although it didn’t really matter since they could interchange racquets without noticing any difference).

Tiffany and Taeyeon were busy playing the no. 2 mens double team; they were down by two games but were playing great. It was great practice for Saturday. Coach asked Jessica and Sunny if they were up for playing some guys in doubles to practice too. To make it interesting, Jessica said the match would be for $5 dollars. It was hard, because Sunny was a bit drained, but the two girls forced it to a tiebreaker and ultimately won the match. Hyomin didn’t know any better so she just jump up and down cheering! Jessica and Sunny shook hands with the boys and collected their winnings.

“What can we do with five dollars?” Sunny asked.

“Gas money? Iunno, but we won. We kicked their asses.” Jessica smiled.

“We won in tiebreaker, that’s not definitive Jessi,” Sunny remarked. Sunny although covered in sweat went to hug Hyomin and told her bye as Hyomin ran off to go pick up Jiyeon. Jessica gave Sunny a quick side-hug and congratulate on winning twice today. They yelled off to Tiffany that they were gonna go pick up Hyunah and head home first. Jessica and Sunny walked side by side out the courts to the building where Hyunah had her class.

“Sunny bunny, you think I could drive today? You seem awfully tired,” Jessica asked, looking for an excuse to drive Sunny’s Mini, it would seem Jessica wanted to play around with the stick shift. Sunny gave Jessica the keys to the car as Hyunah met them at the usual pick up spot.

“Unnie, you guys always smell bad when you come to pick me up,” Hyunah whined.

“That’s because we come from tennis. Some of us work hard at being athletic. Sorry Hyunah, we can’t be lazy bodies,” Jessica joked with younger girl as the girls climbed into the car, Sunny offered to sit in the back. Hyunah asked Jessica and she knew how to drive the car, Jessica answered of course. Sunny was closing her eyes to take a nap, but felt the car violently shook forward.

“Hey, Jessi, you’re releasing the clutch to early!” Sunny screamed. Jessica said she got it and drove them onto the road and home.

***************************

She was dressed up. Make-up, her hair relaxed and down, and wearing a cute yet y dress with heels to match. She was waiting for Sunny to pick her up, but Soyeon assumed that she was meeting the boyfriend. A text came to Hyomin’s phone and she told Soyeon and Jiyeon bye and ran outside. She hoped in the car and rode off.

Cheesecake Factory wasn’t that high-scale of a place, but this one was located in the Treasure Falls part of town, which was essentially high class, if the village was nice, this place was 2.4 times as nice. The boutique stores had some nicer names than just Express and Banana Republic. Plenty of more designer shops and bouqtiues for window shopping and great restruants classier dining.

Sunny and Hyomin walked into the restaurant and were seated in off the wall, a bit romantic even. The girls chatted earnestly while enjoying their dinner. Each girl had picked items to maximize the use of the gift card, it was still amazing to Hyomin how Sunny had won. The girls could stay in chat forever, but after the dinner was Hyomin grabbed Sunny’s hand and led her outside, to walk off their lovely dinner. Sunny was quite dazzingly, Hyomin had never seen the girl wear heels in the all the time she’d know her. The dress was classy but casual and Sunny had her hair made-up in elegant fashion.

They were able to celebrate a late 1 month anniversary, just to themselves. Hyomin took a break from taking pictures to lead the smaller girl out further along the shops and up to the center of the Treasure Falls. As given the name, there was a waterfall nearby (man-made of course) and Hyomin pulled out from her little purse a ring.

“I told you I would get you a ring. I may have worked a few extra hours this week to make up for it... but I got it...” Hyomin said proudly and slide it onto Sunny’s finger.

“That’s really sweet, thank you Hyomin,” Sunny smiled and planted a kiss on Hyomin’s cheek.

“That’s all I get?! Sunnnnny.... mmmmmmmm” Hyomin blurted, demanding more, but Sunny just chuckled and hugged. “I thought I’d get a kiss...”

“You did? I paid for dinner and drove... versus your ring... who do you think won?” Sunny remarked with a cute smile and hopped up to give Hyomin another kiss on the cheek. Hyomin gave a tiny pout but the two walked back to the car holding hands. It was until Sunny dropped Hyomin off that added an extra special treat for the night.

Sunny had walked with Hyomin to her front door, the hallway was empty except them. Hyomin hugged Sunny and was pulling away when she felt Sunny’s hand come up on behind he base of her and neck. Sunny pulled Hyomin down and towards her lips where Sunny proceeded to give a kiss. She started with a peck on the lips and pulled away to tease the taller girl. Sunny then came back in for the real kiss, the one Hyomin had been wanting. Sunny’s head tilt to the left as she shameless made out with her girlfriend. Hyomin had let her keys dropped to the floor.  Hyomin felt sensations of Sunny’s lips and tongue and was a state of blessful happiness when her front door opened. Sunny and Hyomin unlocked their lips.

“I heard something... so I checked.... and here you two are... so Hyomin how was your date? And Sunny, were you there too?” Soyeon inquired.

“Umm... the date was great. Wasn’t it Sunny?” Hyomin chuckled.

“Yes, great gentlemen all around, we’d hit jackpot...” Sunny said. She let go of Hyomin and hugged Soyeon. “Unnie, it’s great to see you, have a good night.”

“You too Sunny,  and thanks for taking care of Hyomin.” Soyeon nicely replied. Sunny gave Hyomin one more hug and a smug smile

**********************

Taeyeon woke up to Tiffany’s constant shaking.

“Get up, you need to get ready.” Tiffany nagged. Tiffany had let Taeyeon spend the night since they were all going to the same place. It was a bother to be up at 530 on a Saturday morning, but it would be worth it today.

Sunny had let Hyomin spend the night as well because even though she wasn’t on the team, she wanted to go the tennis tournament. The team had played in a dual match against one of the other universities in town but this was their first USTA Tennis On Campus Regionals, which was in all World Team Tennis format. Coach asked everyone to be at school by 615am and they would leave at 630am to drive the 1.5- 2 hours required to go the State A&M school where the tournament would be.

Sunny was already up, as was Jessica both checking their things, wearing identical clothing, down to shoes. Same shoe size, same Adidas and same colors, except each girl marked their name in Hangul. Hyomin only had camera equipment; she said she would take ‘awesome’ photos of the tournament.

“I still don’t know why we let Tiffany pick the skirts, it’s always has to be pink with her...” Jessica remarked. The four tennis girls all had the same white tennis skirt with the baby pink t/accent. “And white.... when I sit down somewhere, my will just get dirty...”

“So you admit that you have a dirty !” Sunny laughed, because even she knew it’s was a crappy joke. She ran back to her bedroom to give Hyunah a kiss on the forehead before leaving. The girls loaded into Tiffany’s Audi and drove off to campus. Sunny kept asking Jessica about Yuri and if she was capable of watching Hyunah.

“She’s an adult now, she can take care of herself. She and Yuri like to dance so they’ll have fun at the dance club thing, they’re doing K-pop at the Asian Club meeting today so she’ll have fun.” Jessica assured.

“Hyomin, was the sofa okay? We never really had anyone spend the night on it before,” Tiffany asked. Hyomin answered with a earnest ‘yes’ and nod of her head. When they arrived at the campus, the coach was passing out maps to the place and told even to drive safe and stay behind him.

“Get on the courts and warm up before the other schools get here,” Coach told them after they arrived. They were able to get about twenty minutes before being called back for the orientation.

They briefly went over scoring, rules, lunch, etc. Taeyeon and Tiffany were on the top team, playing in the tougest division while Sunny and Jessica were on the B team, playing a slightly lower division. Brackets were made by NRTP rating averages of teams, but it was common fact that a lot of other teams, (particular those that were all student ran and didn’t have a coach) would sandbag. Which meant they underrate themselves to play easier competition to rack up more wins. World Team Tennis started off with doubles first, then singles, then the all important mixed doubles, scoring was based on total matches won plus total games.

Team A was playing first, it would be another hour or 2 before B played. C was playing too. Jessica, Sunny and Hyomin went to the courts A was playing at to cheer in support. World Team Tennis allowed cheering and the whole ‘sports’ atmosphere that traditional tennis didn’t allow. Hyomin had her Canon EOS out equipped with her fastest lens to catch the action.

The match would be hard; apparently Taeng and Tiffany were going against State Central’s top team, the same team that won first place last year at the state championships. It should be mentioned that Tiffany and Taeyeon weren’t exactly the hardest hitters around, and their smaller stature was definitely disadvantageous at the net, but the two had excellent chemistry that they clicked very well as doubles partners (and unless Jessica was hearing things last night, they very well in the bedroom as well).

Hyomin was getting great photos, but unfortunately Taeyeon was broken on her serve. Already down 0-1, the two kept confidence, ever after dropping the second game. Sunny and Jessica cheered and remain support as Tiffany took her turn to serve. Statistically, nearly all those who can serve the ball over 100mph were at least 5’10 (or had the arm span of a 6’ person) who had the height to match the trigonometry, trajectory and physics involved to constantly get the serve up to that speed. Shorter people lacked the necessary angles to produce a 100mph serve that would land INSIDE the box, all the physical strength could be present but science and math can’t be cheated.

Tiffany knew this of course; at barely 5’4 she was shorter than the two beastly and powerful girls across the net. Tiffany excelled at spin serves, which she hoped would get them back into the game. Her hopes paid off, she held her serve in straight points. No aces, but the slice to the body proved effective. After another grueling half hour, Tiffany and Taeyeon jumped off the court cheering in with their 6-3 victory.

Sunny and Jessica congratulated their friends while handing them their drinks and tiny towels. It wasn’t easy, but they pulled it off. Tiffany would have to rest up, because she would start out the mix. The coach was impressed with their play and told they played incredible. After an hour or so, Team A beat the State Central top team. It was huge to Tiffany, because last year at state, her team didn’t place at all, a lot of the boys got better and they had new super champs on the team. Sunny and Jessica were especially happy for Tiffany and Taeyeon but had to run off to start their matches, Team B’s captain, Linda, was calling for them.

“Are you going to win?” Hyomin asked.

“I guess, if that’s what you want me to do...” Sunny said nonchalantly.

“You better win then, or I’ll break up with you. Hey, where’s your ring?!” Hyomin replied. Sunny giggled and pulled a chain out from under her shirt to show the ring hanging on a silver necklace. “Oh, okay. Good, you better have it on! Don’t ever take it off! Or you’ll lose for sure!”

Sunny let the ring go back under the shirt where Hyomin could see the tiny outline it made under the performance fabric. Sunny and Jessica were wearing matching White and blue shirts, they had the Adidas equivalent of Under Armour’s compression shirt and were actually boy shirts. Sunny picked them up at work, the boy sizes allowed them to fit snuggly without being too tight or too loose. Hyomin seemed to be staring at Sunny’s chest, she was tracing with her eyes the outlines and contours of Sunny’s tank top underneath. Jessica walked up to Hyomin and tapped her on the head.

“... we gotta play, let’s go Sunny. Hyomin please take lovely photos, and not just of butts... please?” Jessica said leading Sunny onto the court. Hyomin lauged along and said she would do Jessica proud.

Just as Tiffany, Sunny and Jessica primarily served with spin. Sunny liked using a fast kicker for her first and sometimes sliced. Sunny and Jessica played well together, getting along off court does help sometimes with on-court chemistry. Sunny and Jessica swept through the doubles 6-0. Linda would play singles, and asked Jessica to play mix. Hyomin took photos of Sunny and Jessica hugging and high fiving and playing throughout the day, she didn’t know if she should have felt any jealously towards the doubles team. Jessica and Sunny practiced together and played together always at practice, and they known each other since Korea.

It only bothered her that Sunny acted as if Hyomin wasn’t around, and was casual, cute and playful with Jessica. The two shared a tennis bag, both had the same shoes and racquets, it was circumstantial for anyone to be jealous if they were in Hyomin’s shoes. Hyomin had cleverly worked ways to get herself photos with both Jessica and Sunny, and even photos with just Sunny. She just kept up with her magical science, and snapped photos.

Click. Click. Click.

Sunny jumping into Jessica’s arms after winning a match.

Click.

Jessica falling over because she spun too hard. Click. They both fall but are laughing and still ever so jubilant. Hyomin ran to pick Sunny of the ground, while Jessica got up on her own power. They were still excited, they won 6-4. By five, every team had played against 3 different teams. A and B finished 3-0 while C team was 2-1. Coach said they can drive off home on their own. Sunny, Hyomin and Jessica ran off to the Audi first, Jessica had the key. Tifany and Taeyone were talking with coach on a few things and then some other members of the team. Taeyeon was also definitely getting hit on by some boys.

Jessica had the rear hatch of the Q5 while Sunny handed Jessica a gray tshirt, which sported the club name and logo. Hyomin took a photo of the two girls removing their Climacool performance shirts, much to her surprise they didn’t have matching tank tops underneath, but both looked pretty drenched in sweat.

“Sunny, you can’t wear that, it’s all sweat!” Hyomin informed and reached to pull off Sunny’s tank top in the middle of the parking lot behind Tiffany’s little SUV.

Hyomin had to struggle with Sunny to get the tank top off, Sunny let out a scream when Hyomin succeeded in getting Sunny down to her sports bra. Hyomin battled with Sunny’s hands as she dried off Sunny with a towel.

“Sunny, even with a sports bra, looks really equiped... really... nice..” Taeyeon said from afar, which resulted and a slap from Tiffany. The two had witnessed the event from afar.

“Hyomin, you can’t do that to her, we’re in public.” Jessica said, pulling Sunny’s tshirt onto her head, while Sunny stuck her arms through the sleeves. Sunny yanked towel out of Hyomin’s hand and began whacking her with the towel. Hyomin broke off into a run, ultimate it became a chase around the car with Jessica just standing there. Taeyeon approached and told them to behave.

“We are! See, Jessica wants to play too!” Sunny said grabbing at Jessica’s shirt. Jessica fought with Sunny’s hands away as they climbed into the car. “Tiffany, are we going to get something to eat? Or should we go straight home?”

“Let me call Yuri, to see where she is, maybe we can have dinner at home..... Yuri, where are you? Are you still with Hyunah? Ah, I see. No, don’t eat dinner! We’ll be in town in two hours, tell her to hold off till then... she doesn’t whine that much.... she has to like you to whine.... that was mean, you’re right she likes you. Okay, see you in two hours or so...” Jessica finished off her conversation.

After they made it into town, Tiffany stopped by to pick up some pizzas and chicken nuggets and returned the house. Yuri and Hyunah were waiting, and welcomed the food, Tiffany sighed and said she didn’t want to drive for at least another 2 days. Sunny dove in for the pizza, which was meaty. Yuri too was enjoying dinner, wasted no moment for a little public display, feeding Jessica chicken nuggets. Taeyeon and Tiffany, were a bit lackluster, they just smiled, giggled, but were mostly in need of icy hot for their shoulders and legs. They finished 3-0, but not all of it was easy. After the dinner, Sunny walked Hyomin out to her car and shared a kiss, a short soft one and watch the Kia sped out.

Sunny reentered the house to find everyone watching a movie on the sofa and decided to use the time to shower.

*****************************

Hyomin returned home, to find Jiyeon busy on the computer and Soyeon looking through folders. She greeted everyone and ran to the shower, and join Soyeon on the couch afterwards. Hyomin took a nap into Soyeon’s shoulders. Hyomin woke up to Soyeon shaking her and telling her to answer her phone, because Soyeon was tired of the vibrating and ringing from coming from .

“Next time don’t let your phone fall so near my !” Soyeon said. Hyomin smiled and laughed and answered her phone.

“Sunny!” Hyomin answered waving to Soyeon and retreating to the kitchen.

“What about your boyfriend?” Soyeon asked. “No one likes to be in the call-waiting.”

“Sunny, did everyone leave? Hahaha.... No, I had fun today... you played awesome today. Tiffany and Taeyeon are really good.... yeah, I think they could kick you and Jessica at tennis... but you’re definitely my favorite tennis player... so... I got some awesome photos of you guys... yea... I even got the photo of when you jumped onto her and she fell down.... that was pretty funny, I guess she’s not as strong as you, then again who is.... I think it’s funny... you know with white skirts you shouldn’t sit on dirty things so much.... what? you can’t blame me, I’m just a photographer who happened to capture white ... oh I finally figured out where the tennis balls go... no, I don’t need to learn to play tennis, but you can find something else to teach me... that lip thing you do when you kiss... how is that being erted... everything I do is erted to you... it’s not true... well you were sweaty and that top was sweaty, I had a duty to dry you off... no one was looking... I’m offended, I do not look for reasons to touch you...I can’t’ help it you have nice ....”

With that statement Soyeon looked up from her folders to look at Hyomin, with a curious look. Hyomin caught Soyeon’s glanced and stammered on.

“I mean, I have great hehehe.... what, I think they’re okay. Not everyone can be as blessed as you.... I’m being more well-mannered today? Oh, I’m in the kitchen and Soyeon is looking at me funny... she’ll think I’m crazy if I act like I normally do on the phone... haha, no I can go to my room, hehe.......... okay I’m in my room now.... sooo Sunny, what are you wearing?.... come on, answer me just once.... you’re tired, no don’t go.... I’ll tell you what I’m wearing.... No I’m wearing clothes I promise... I am, but it’s okay if you don’t believe me... one day you’ll want to know and I’ll deny you....what, it won’t matter to you... you’re a liar...thanks for dinner, it was great... no, I’m serious the sofa was fine. Do you think I’ll ever get to sleep in the bed?... You only sleep with Jessica or Hyunah?!?!? YAH! I’m your girlfriend, what about me.... Tiffany too?!?!?.... stop teasing me... I know, but you can’t blame a girl for wanting more.... hehehe..... when we go public I’ll get the bed... you need to sleep? But I’m not even tired... can’t you stay longer? please? Puh-lease!....So I let you go to sleep you let me come for lunch tomorrow? Really?... hmmm... Okay!!! Goodnight Sunny! You did great today!”


*****************************************