Chapter 16

Pictures of You

Soyeon could sense something was wrong with Hyomin at breakfast. She knew Hyomin had been out with Sunny, but other than that nothing. Jiyeon was a cheery-teen-child again, well more or less. She was normal in temperament with Soyeon but occasionally icy towards Hyomin but was making progress. The other day she gave Hyomin juice. Drifting off the tangent though, Soyeon could see subtle changes in Hyomin. She must have had a fight, and since her current um.. well boyfriend is Sunny, the fight must have been with Sunny.

Jiyeon wanted a ride to school to use the library to study, even on a Sunday the campus library was open 24hrs a day for students. She had asked Hyomin for a ride, as a method to make up to her, Jiyeon didn’t say anything but just waved. Hyomin smiled, being as young and potentially as hot headed as Jiyeon was, she sometimes avoided confrontational methods of making up with someone, Jiyeon was over her outburst and outrage.

Hyomin returned home to find Soyeon cleaning the apartment; she snuck past the house mom to her room to return to her covers of the bed. Hyomin’s normally cheerful nature is difficult to disrupt. She slept last night, just barely but ponder what happened the night before. She was upset with Sunny, but tried to rationalize it all. She had a bean bag in the corner of her room that she often likes to sink into to relax, read and think. Exactly what did Yuri say to her? Was it even logical? Soyeon entered the room without knocking, but Hyomin didn’t seem to mind.

“So did you get into a fight with Sunny?” Soyeon asked, just as if she knew there was a problem. Hyomin answered non-verbally with a nod. Soyeon planted herself on the floor next to Hyomin. “What was it about?”

“I don’t even think it was much of a fight. I just was mad at her, and like she thought I was being crazy.” Hyomin answered in a soft, almost childish voice.

“What was it over? Anything important?” Soyeon asked, reclining into the bean bag next to Hyomin.

“It seems stupid. I was mad how she never seems jealous. I was being hit on by so many guys and she didn’t seem to care...and then Yuri said something about Sunny and Jessica being so close. That didn’t bother me at first, but then like... it’s stupid but like Sunny is so free and easy going with Jessica...people on her tennis team, some of think we’re just good friends. That’s probably why some the guys hit on me... it’s just so confusing...”

“Wait, I’m lost, what is wrong again?” Soyeon asked politely.

“Where you not listening? Unnie, pay attention. I mean, I’m her girlfriend. Me! That should mean something! Why doesn’t she show me the same attention that Jessica gets? Or why can’t she be the jealous type, I want her to fight for me.” Hyomin ranted in Korean.

“You sound a little silly right now. How did it even start?” Soyeon asked.

“I wanted to go home but she wanted to stay, and maybe I had a little bit to drink. I got angry a lot quicker than I normally do...” Hyomin answered.

“I’m sure Sunny cares for you a lot. I bet she took great care of you that night,” Soyeon said.

“She did get my food and drinks for me, setting my plates, and she did let me dress her for the party...oh man.... I was so stupid... I got mad her for nothing.. argh.......” Hyomin proclaimed in realization. “Unnie, I feel like an idiot. She is going to freak and think I’m so kind of drama queen or something... crap...”

“It’s okay. I’m glad you realized it, that’s half of it you know?” Soyeon said jokingly. “It was just some heat of the moment. I’m so sure Sunny can overlook this, I don’t know much about girl-relationships but she seems to like you.”

“I hope so... I really like her...”

************************

“So will you do it?!?”

“I don’t know, that just seems awkward and strange...”

 

“You promised, you must! It’s important to me... please... baby...”

 

“But, I mean... I’m worried about it, it just seems so...”

 

“Kim Taeyeon! You are going to join me, for lunch with my father next weekend. He’ll be in town for business, and I want you to meet him, and him to meet you.” Tiffany said affirmatively. “You promised!”

 

“Fine fine, okay. I will be there, but what will you do, introduce me as your girlfriend?”

 

“Of course! I’m not ashamed of it, I told me dad I was dating a girl so he’ll expect a girl.”

 

“What else did you tell him?” Taeyeon asked slyly.

“Well I left out some details, he doesn’t need to know where your weak spots are, or the sound you make when I bite you.... but I told him that I’m definitely in love with this girl...” Tiffany said while leaning in for a kiss.

“Tiffany, what is Jessica doing today?” Yuri asked walking into the living room. Tiffany had came over to help Taeyeon help repaint her bedroom. Tiffany hardly ever passed up any chance to hang out with her girlfriend.

“She is doing something with Hyunah today I think,” Tiffany answered after breaking away from Taeyeon’s lips and further with an eskimo kiss. Yuri asked about Sunny. “Sunny is working today. Why what will you do today?”

“Um... I’ll think of something... I can’t be trapped here with you two.” Yuri answered.

“Hey! What’s wrong with us? I will kick your !” Taeyeon hollered.

*************************

Sunny clocked out of work and got into her car, she had to wipe her glasses as the heater fogged up her lenses. She drove to the nearest store desperately looking for something. After she checked out she drove for the campus library to find Jiyeon.

“What are you doing here?” Jiyeon asked in surprise.

“Soyeon asked me to take you home.” Sunny answered.

 

“Did she really? Okay, I guess. Well you can see I’m ready, so let’s go” Jiyeon proclaimed. She walked with out to the car in silence.

 

“So I heard you threw kind of a fit and got mad at Hyomin when I left last week.” Sunny asked while driving through traffic.

 

“She told you about that huh? It’s not as bad as it sounds, really.” Jiyeon chuckled.

 

“It sounded rather hectic, are you okay now? Was it because of me?” Sunny asked, in a curious manner. Small talk usually had some difficulties, but she couldn’t think of any other topic at the moment.

 

“I don’t want you to think it was because of you. You’re nice, funny and smart. I like you a lot unnie, it’s not about you. It was just the situation... I’m happy for you and her, as long as you guys are happy. It’s hard to explain... I don’t want to seem like the bad guy...” Jiyeon tried to explain.

 

“It’s shocked your world huh? Like it just was different, and life-altering?” Sunny offered. Jiyeon agreed.

They arrived to the apartment and Jiyeon thanked Sunny for the ride as they went up the elevator together. They walked in the door, where they were greeted by Soyeon, who was in the living room wearing a ‘Hello Kitty’ apron and watching Food Network. Jiyeon hugged Soyeon and went to her room; Sunny came up to give Soyeon a hug as well and motioned towards Hyomin’s room. Sunny walked to the door and considered knocking but decided to just barge in. She opened the door and caught a glimpse of Hyomin changing out of her PJs into sweats.

“Ahhh!” Hyomin cried and tried to cover herself. She was only standing in cute animated knee socks and Power Puff Girls panites. “You can knock you know!” She covered her with her hands and turned her back to Sunny to pull over a tshirt, and nearly fell to the ground pulling on some sweatpants.

“Not going to wear a bra? Cute , so that’s where the power is?” Sunny remarked with a smile. Hyomin kept a straight face. “Still upset?”

“What are you doing here?” Hyomin asked.

“Soyeon invited me over, and I heard you were upset with your girlfriend... So I thought I see if I could get a chance to be with you...” Sunny spoke smoothly in a seductive tone.

“No Sunny, I don’t want to play the game right now... I’m may have been silly, but I get to still be upset with you.”

“Really? Even if I got you a... unicorn?” Sunny asked pulled out a plush unicorn and waving it at Hyomin’s face. Hyomin pulled up with too hands to reach for the plush toy but Sunny retracted. “Nu-uh! If you want it, you’ll have to pay...”

Sunny placed the unicorn next to her head and puckered her lips. Hyomin frowned and sighed, she grabbed the unicorn and then quickly gave Sunny a light kiss on the lips. Sunny smiled and grabbed Hyomin into a hug, Hyomin responded by cuddling into Sunny’s arms. For a moment, things felt right in the world for Hyomin.

“This doesn’t mean you can bring me a stuffed animal every time I’m mad at you. It won’t work twice. Just so you know. You’re just lucky that I think you’re y in glasses.” Hyomin said matter of factly, in a cute voice.

************************

Sunny woke in the morning to prepare breakfast for everyone, that and she wanted to get rid of the eggs that had been unused for quite some time now. She plated eggs and use the remainder of Jessica’s sandwich bread to make buttered toasted. She then went to wake up Hyunah and Jessica. This was what she been looking forward to all week, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Tiffany had left in the middle night with Taeyeon for the midnight showing. Hyomin would come over with Jiyeon and Jessica said Yuri would be coming too. Jessica was reluctant to get up but could smell the fresh and hot breakfast. Jessica helped herself to food while Hyunah zombied to the dining room. Sunny was already dressed in Harry Potter related clothes, with her Gryffindor tshirt, jacket and scarf. November presented much colder weather but still nothing would stop her from catching the first showing at 1045am, no need to bother with the crowds. After the guests arrive, they realized that not all could fit into one car, so Hyomin offered to drive and Yuri would drive just Jessica. Jessica reminded everyone to not get anything to eat at the movie because they would go to lunch after the movie.

They got in, one of the firsts to pick their seats and waited for the start. For the next two and a half hours they watched Harry, Ron and Hermione journey out to find the horcruxes. They left the theater entertained and hungry. They wanted to entertain new food ideas and went for Tex-Mex. It was nice to have a girls’ day out, enjoying the company and being carefree. Well almost everyone, Yuri was still very suspicious of letting Jessica and Sunny sit near each other. Instead Jessica just sat in front of Sunny, which was still a minor victory to Yuri. It was troublesome because she wanted to like Sunny; well had always really liked Sunny but just the whole Jessica thing just unnerved her. She couldn’t figure who was sillier, her for being suspicious of Sunny; or Taeyeon who thought it was Tiffany that was really close to Jessica. Click.

She looked to see that Hyomin had taking a pictures of her and Jessica eating the complimentary chips and salsa, no doubt must have been an embarrassing photo of sorts. Hyomin said one more time, but this time to pose for the photo. Click. Hyunah and Jiyeon had their first photo together as well. Sunny was worried how Hyunah would act around Jiyeon, and if they would get along. Hyunah was a darling girl, but she is bit shy around new people but she was dealing with Jiyeon rather well.

*****************************

“Daddy, this is Taeyeon. Taeyeon my dad.” Tiffany introduced. Taeyeon was a bit nervous and bowed and greeted Tiffany’s father.

“I’ve heard many wonderful things about you Taeyeon,” he said inviting her to sit down.  She was eager to please Tiffany’s father but not quite sure on where to begin, but just followed Tiffany’s lead. She answered questions and commented accordingly, she was sure she was being most presentable.

The nerve-racking ordeal was finally over and Taeyeon gave Tiffany a moment to be alone with her father. She waited anxiously for Tiffany’s return and hoped that she made a good impression. Tiffany later skipped back to Taeyeon.

“So, did he like me? Did I do okay?” Taeyeon asked.

“Of course he liked you. He said you’re really cute and seem really sweet. He said as long as I’m happy he couldn’t be happier.” Tiffany answered with a smile.

“So he’s okay with you, dating a girl? And he’s okay with me?”

“Yup yup. Come on, who doesn’t love Taeyeon? Gosh...” Tiffany jokingly said giving her a light kiss on the cheek.

****************************

Soyeon rushed through the kitchen double checking everything. She had large paper bags laid out with things stuffed inside of them. Sunny had given Soyeon Jessica’s number. Soyeon assumed that Jessica, being the eldest of the household, was the leader and had called to offer plans for the holidays. Soyeon, Hyomin, Jiyeon and Ji-eun would go have Thanksgiving dinner at Jessica’s house, because of the size and nice way to get all the friends together for the holidays since family wasn’t readily available. She grabbed Jiyeon and told her to load some of the bags in the car. She may have been a recent grad, but the household always made her seem like an older mom at times, which was sad because she’d used to have such a 4-d personality back in Korea. Finally after 2 hours she reached Jessica’s house.

Tiffany opened the door and welcomed them in. ‘Come in, you’re letting all the heat out’ she said to them. Jiyeon laughed a joke to Hyomin about how Hyunah stole Sunny away from her. Sunny was sleeping on an air mattress that had been laid out, Hyunah was asleep on top of Sunny while holding the air pump and box. Jessica said it was no big deal since Sunny was working Black Friday she could use the extra hours of sleep. Hyunah woke up through the commotion but left Sunny sleeping as per Jessica’s request. Hyomin felt defeated not being able to play with Sunny, but Jessica whispered something to Hyunah, who laughed and ran to her room and came back out with a box of washable Crayola markers. It may have been cold out, it was a bit silly of Sunny to be in a strappy tank top, she was exposing a lot of her shoulders, upperback and arms. Hyunah, Hyomin and Jessica all giggled and laugh as they each passed markers to draw on the sleeping bunny.

“Hyunah, bunny has two N’s in it. Silly!” Jessica laughed.

“I knew that! I was just seeing if you knew!”

Tiffany answered the door again to let Taeyeon and Yuri in, Yuri wasn’t greeted by Jessica but instead saw the her and Hyunah hovering over Sunny with markers. Not even a minute in the door, and Sunny already has grabbed hold of Jessica. She hid her disappointment with a smile and walked over to the air mattress calmly. Jessica just smiled and asked if she wanted to write anything on Sunny, she chuckled and said no. Tiffany told everyone to stop being mean and to wake Sunny up. Sunny woke up in a groggy manner and wondered why everyone was looking at her.

“What’s wrong, is there something on my face?” Sunny asked. Everyone laughed; Hyomin crept down low to whisper to her that she needed to go take a shower. “Huh? Oh you guys !” She stood up and went to her room for a change of clothes and then to the bathroom to shower. “Hyomin! Don’t follow me! Out! Out!” Hyomin is literally given a kick from Sunny to push her away from the bathroom door. Jiyeon felt embarrassed for being associated with such a like Hyomin. She came out of the shower dressed in a nice set of jeans and a sweater. Soyeon said it would be sometime before dinner would be ready. Jessica tried to help in the kitchen but Tiffany kicked her away. She retreated to Yuri all pouty; Yuri couldn’t be happier to have her girlfriend come to her.

“What is Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving holiday? Snoopy is cute but I just don’t get anything else,” Hyunah said while watching TV with everyone else. Hyomin bugged at Sunny for them to go driving, Hyomin wanted to practice driving a manual so Sunny agreed.

They stayed inside the neighborhood while Hyomin began to show her her vast improvements getting through stop signs. Hyomin said she wanted to try and go faster now, but Sunny still was a bit concerned however she couldn’t stay long to Hyomin’s constant requests. Hyomin drove out of the neighborhood and onto the streets driving with the minimal traffic due to the holiday. She stalled out a few times at a stop light but there were nobody near her so it was okay.

“You’re doing really good Hyomin, I’m impressed. Really, way to go.” Sunny praised. After driving for just over an hour they returned to the house.

“Argh, I’m not used to it yet, my legs are tired, from all the clutching... aigoo....” Hyomin announced and fell onto the recliner chair in the living room, rubbing her left leg.

“Food ready! Dinner, let’s go!” Soyeon screamed. The table was sit and laid out for the meal. Before the meal, Hyomin said everyone should get in for a ‘family’ photo, so there was multi-flashes going off with all the cameras on self timers, but finally they were able to enjoy the meal. Soyeon had placed as much of her learned knowledge from Food Network to use. It was by far one of the largest meals she ever prepared. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

“Oh my god! I’m so full... that was really good.” Sunny said slouching in her chair after finishing dinner. Everyone agreed, and thanked Soyeon, as well as Tiffany for their works in the kitchen. The next item of discussion was shopping, because of the Black Friday weekend. “I’m not doing any shopping, I’m working.”

Sunny had to work the early morning during the 5am doorbusters, but the other girls were contemplating what to do, or where to go, with all the ads they had. They didn’t have too large of a need for anything electronics, computers or TVs but looking for clothing deals and the sort. Jessica explained to Soyeon that they laid out the air mattress for her and the guests to sleep on, since they would spend the night. Hyomin was curious on to how they all could fit on the mattress, but Jessica just commented saying she’d assume Hyomin would sleep with Sunny in Sunny’s bed. Hyunah made a frowny face, thinking she may be subjected to some adult content in the middle of the night. Sunny went to her room to change into her sleepwear and again Hyomin followed with her bag of clothes.

“No no no no! Out! Hyomin! Stop being so dirty. Use the bathroom!” Sunny laughed out and closed the door to her room. Hyomin whined and went to change in the bathroom. The start of holiday spirits filled the air as they talked of shopping, and the girls all had stationary kits to make list of things. Soyeon and Jessica talked freely of the past and caught up in the midst of the conversations. Yuri had no fear of Soyeon though. Soyeon seemed mature, but at the same time quirky and silly, and she definitely did not seem to be into Jessica nor Jessica into her. Soyeon was the ‘cool unnie’, or rather the strange unnie, she had tendency to leave open and stare off into space when thinking and come back with some strange remark.

“I’m not sure how we’ll do this. Should we split into teams? Cover more than one place? I’ve never done this before,” Soyeon asked. Tiffany agreed that would be a great idea, but the problem stilled lied on how to separate the teams, and split the list.

Sunny was playing ‘Loaded Questions’ with Ji-eun, Jiyeon and Hyunah, a board game that was a weird combination of just truth and ‘apples to apples’ but very entertaining. Hyomin had brought a game called ‘Dirty Minds’ but Sunny explained there was no point in playing because Hyomin would lose, the trick to winning ‘Dirty Minds’ was to have a ‘clean head’. After an hour of going through ads, they had made a list of items they want all wanted from shops and all played in the board game fun. It crept slightly past 10pm, Jessica yawned and said they should head to bed, so they could get their shopping done and wake up earlier. Sunny was already brushing her teeth with Hyomin.

“Sunny and Hyomin are really cute, sometimes you can’t tell they’re dating, and that they’re just so playful,” Taeyeon said, crawling into Tiffany’s bed.

“You’re not jealous of them are you?” Tiffany asked sliding into the covers. Taeyeon smiled and said ‘never’ and gently gave Tiffany a kiss goodnight. “Good, otherwise you’d have to find somewhere else to sleep.”

“Don’t do anything in the night okay?! Just sleep, nothing else. Only sleep!” Hyunah warned as she pulled her covers up. “I’m watching you!”

Sunny laughed and promised nothing would happen, Hyomin said she never agreed to such arrangements but crawled into bed anyways. Sunny glared at Hyomin for being overly touch with her hands, Hyomin laughed and apologized but continued to roam her hands over Sunny’s body.

“Stop Hyomin, you’re hands are cold!” Sunny whispered and turned around to face Hyomin, and smacked her lightly on the forehand. Hyomin pulled her hands out from under Sunny’s clothes to rub her forehead. “Behave! I have to be up early you know!”

“Fine fine, can I have a kiss?” Hyomin asked, Sunny shook her head no. Hyomin looked defeated but suddenly felt lips pressed against her. It was short and quick and then she got one on the forehead. Sunny said she got two kisses and smiled and closed her eyes to sleep. Hyomin snuggled close to Sunny and rested her head on the little bunny’s chest, it wasn’t easy because Sunny was smaller but Hyomin got into position and decided to let Sunny’s heartbeat lull her to sleep. Sunny’s athletic nature gave her a relatively low resting heart rate, but entering sleep her heart rate began to slow to a crawl. Sunny fell asleep before Hyomin; Hyomin had spent the night before, but never in the same bed. The first time was a bust more or less in terms of physical romance, but Hyomin stayed away enough to capture the memory of ‘sleeping with Sunny’. Hyomin slid back a bit, just enough to watch Sunny’s chest rise and fall. She laughed to herself thinking how Sunny would call her a ert for staring at the s. Hyomin played with the ring she bought Sunny. Sunny never actually wore the ring on her hand; she always kept it on necklace. Sunny was always cheesy with the line, as if she picked it from Tiffany, ‘see, I’m keeping you close to my heart’. Eventually Hyomin closed her eyes, when she opened them again, she would find that Sunny had left and been replaced by a stuffed cow.

Sunny had already left for work; Jessica and Yuri were awake and dressed, making coffee to get themselves up and ready to stand in line outside in the cold. It was cold outside which kept making Yuri asked why they were doing this again. Jessica just shrugged and said that they were young and liked to shop. The girls worked their way to split the teams. Tiffany, Taeyeon, Hyomin and Hyunah as one team while Jessica, Yuri, Soyeon, Jiyeon and Ji-eun the other. At such times, it was convenient for Tiffany to have her little Audi SUV, it meant she could stuff a ton of things into the back as oppose to the trunk limitations that Jessica had in her Acura sedan. After waiting an hour in line they were let into the store to shop. Hyunah and Hyomin casually strolled through looking for items, some on their list, some that weren’t, they strolled into the video games where they darted through children and moms.

“No, Sunny unnie already has that one,” Hyunah said in Korean. She liked being around Hyomin for the express purpose of being able to speak Korean freely. Hyomin browse through the games and wondered which ones Sunny didn’t have, and was stupid to not make a list before leaving. “She doesn’t have that one, or that one, or that.”

Hyomin thank Hyunah with a hug and dropped the games into the cart, and left the aisle before it got more hectic. Hyomin picked up a mixer for Soyeon, one that was just like on Food Network and kept looking for items off the list. They worked so hard that by 8am they were tired and decided they needed a break. Everyone met up back at the house to unload the cars and to take a nap. They would go to the mall after their short break.

Sunny came home after working for nearly 12 hours, she was tired but still cheery enough to excite Hyomin who was waiting for her. They spent some time playing, Hyomin had some unfound energy from an energy drink and brought Sunny to the ground with her hug. They chilled inside the house for a bit until Soyeon said they had to go. That night as usual, Sunny got a phone call from Hyomin.

“Did you  make it home okay? Enjoyed yourself?.... Did you take Ji-eun, oh she’s staying the weekend. That’s nice, I’m sure Jiyeon likes that.... Taeyeon and Yuri are still here. I don’t know when they’re leaving actually... well they practically live here now too... I don’t know Hyomin, I work the rest of the weekend too... Well when are you working?... Maybe I can come by and see you after I get off.... I said I will try, can’t make promises. I’ll be very tired.... Hyomin, you’re a horrible energy pill... I think it’s funny...When am I going to go shopping? I don’t know... Well I can’t do it with you around, otherwise you’ll know what your present is... yeah silly girl... what do you think I’m wearing?... No! Definitely not... No do not go to a lingerie store for me... Stop it, you’re be y again. You’re a bad influence for Jiyeon and Ji-eun... oh yeah, don’t you dare corrupt Hyunah! She’s my little girl! That’s my only warning to you missy... Hehe, no she won’t give into your ways... I am very tired... But it’s always nice to hear your voice sweetie... no I will be okay...Yes Soyeon is an incredible cook... I know, it’ll be leftover turkey for a week!... She’s so cute, in the kitchen and all... hehe... okay... Okay, go to bed. I need to sleep too... Goodnight Hyomin.”

*******************************

The weekend went by fast with all the work they had to do, the best Hyomin and Sunny could do was coffee after work, since both had plenty of leftover Thanksgiving food to eat. School was the same, they had their constant meetups after class to exercise, it was something Sunny wouldn’t let Hyomin slip out of. Hyomin worked out every time Sunny did and was showing vast improvements in her fitness. Hyomin also got to practice her driving skills on campus, for bit before Sunny played tennis. Hyomin asked Sunny if would attend a party with her. Sunny agreed, it was a great opportunity to peer into Hyomin’s life, instead of always having Hyomin peered into her’s.

*****************************

“So why do you always get the house to yourself all the time?” Jessica asked.

“I’m just really good with time management. Why, would you prefer it if we weren’t alone?” Yuri answered.

“Oh no... I think it’s really nice.... so what do you have in mind?” Jessica asked, as Yuri lighted a few candles.

“Well nothing big... it’s just cold out and raining... I figure we find a way to kept warm...” Yuri said with a sultry grin, and used Jessica’s scarf to pull her in close to give Jessica a passionate kiss. “I say we need to heat up the place...”

Jessica responded to the kiss with the same passion and pulled the jacket off Yuri’s shoulders letting the leather coat fall to the ground with a soft thud. The heater was on the room, but the heat was slowly increasing.

******************************

Taeyeon and Tiffany were enjoying movie night at the house, Hyunah had hogged all the popcorn and taken a break from doing school work. Cold and rainy nights were better enjoyed indoors, with popcorn and junk food while watching TV. Hyunah said she wanted to watch a movie in 3D next, and Tiffany agreed, letting the youngest get what she would later. Hyunah had learned to work the system of spinning things her way with three older girls in the house when she needed to, although truth be told most of the time she failed. It never dampen her spirits and she constantly tried, though it was usually Sunny who would help to tend to her requests. Jessica often told Sunny not to spoil Hyunah, but Sunny said it wasn’t spoiling her, it was just making sure she was comfortable. It was too bad Sunny wasn’t here this evening, she was out with Hyomin, hopefully not being too cavalier in their actions.

************************

Hyomin was part of some Audio/Visual Club, something to help her with her goals of being a media designer and what not. They were having a party, something small and social that Hyomin wanted to attend. She didn’t always meet up with them at the club meetings, but they had fun and she helped out in a few projects. They all knew her as well either the ‘hot Asian girl’ or ‘cute Asian girl’ depending who you spoke with. They mingled for a bit, talked about projects, enjoyed some food, played pool and danced a bit until Hyomin felt it was time to leave.

“Please Sunny, can I drive?” Hyomin asked when they walked out. “I been doing really good.”

“I don’t know, it’s wet, and the roads will be slippery and you’re not that experienced... I’m not sure it’s a good idea Hyomin...” Sunny said fetching the keys of the Mini out of her bag.

“Please, please... it stopped raining and it’s so much fun to drive. You’ll be with me, so it’ll be okay. Pwetty pwease?” Hyomin begged. Sunny gave in and handed the keys to Hyomin who smiled and jumped it up in delight.

Hyomin started the car and shifted out, just as she had practice countless times before. The tires slipped a little from the ground being wet but drove nicely out of the neighborhood. After 10 minutes of driving she was telling, or rather bragging about how much better she had gotten. Sunny laughed and said that Hyomin had made great improvements.

“I’m so good now, we should try the highway sometime next huh?” Hyomin said in a cheery tone.

“One step at a time, we just gotta make it home first. I heard guys like girls who can drive manual, is that why you’re learning?” Sunny peeped.

“What?! No... I’m doing it because it’s so much fun. I’m not going to let you have all the fun. If I had known, I could have bought my car with manual transmission,” Hyomin answered.

“No, it’s good to have automatic, when you’re lazy it helps out, and you’re really lazy so I think it’s good,” Sunny said as they pulled up in the farthest right lane at the stoplight.

“What?! I’m not lazy, you’re silly! I’m awesome. Completely awesome,” Hyomin said, as the light turned green. She revved up but the tires spun a little bit off the start before it got moving.

“Haha, yah. So awesome, you gave too much power and spun the tires... how awesome can you possibly be... silly gir..................” Sunny said but cut off as a massive force hit the passenger side of tiny Mini Cooper.

It was instantaneous. Bright lights flooded the right side of their vision and the whole car rocked and lost all forward movement. Hyomin screamed but Sunny was silent since the first impact, Hyomin barely turned her head to see Sunny slouched a bit and the passenger side window broken with lots of bits missing. Hyomin let out another cry as they were plowed across the intersection to the next car to their left. The impact of hitting the car on the left caused her to bump her head and become groggy. She could hear the rumbling of a big engine and saw bits of black come over the car and saw the roof crunch down on her. Sunny’s Mini didn’t have the panoramic roof option and at this moment Hyomin was thankful. The noise, the crunching and fear was only seconds but felt like a lifetime until finally it passed over. She could hear car horns and yelling and gently closed her eyes.

************************************

TBC. Thanks for reading I hope you guys continue to enjoy this. Hope all is well. Best wishes and hope you guys into the New Year.