Final level- Conquer the heart

Love game

Sunny stood in complete shock as she eyed the boy on the hospital bed. He had bandages almost all over his body and wore an oxygen mask. He looked extremely pale. She could only imagine what the boy must have felt when he was lying in the accident-wrecked van. The thought frigtened her. She gently walked towards the bed and sat on the chair beside it. She stared at his hand which had the IV needle and timidly slid her hand into his.

 

"Kyuhyun--"

 

She couldn't speak a word more. Her whole body was shaking with uncontrollable cries. She caressed his hand and put her head beside him, on the bed. She continued crying until she slept.

 

The days passed like this until Kyuhyun woke up. Sunny always slept beside him, refusing to leave him even for a minute. She waited outside the operation theatre, hands clasped on her chest and praying relentlessly for Kyuhyun's safety.

 

----

 

One morning Hyoyeon entered the room with Leeteuk and Eunhyuk. They were overjoyed when they saw Kyuhyun looking at Sunny lovingly, the latter sleeping peacefully with her head on his bed, her hand in his.

 

He looked up at them with twinkling eyes and gently moved his other hand to tell them that he is fine. Leeteuk was crying alongwith Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk was showing his cute gummy smile. The three waved at him and HyoHyuk couple had to drag Leeteuk out of the room. After 5 minutes Kyuhyun suppressed his giggles as he heard weird laughfter, squeals and hushed scolding from outside.

 

The noise must've woken Sunny up as she yawned with mouth wide open and smacked her lips. Her morning antics halted when she felt a pair of eyes staring at her.

 

Sunny turned around and saw Kyuhyun, with the well-known smirk on his face and eyes gleaming brightly.

 

"Not very lady-like, Miss Lee" he snickered.

 

"Yah! I thought you were sleeping!"

 

"Thankfully I wasn't. I can't imagine what you would've done if I was asleep."

 

"I wouldn't have done anything. And I did not do anything these past few days when I slept beside you" Sunny shouted and blushed when she realized what she has blurted out.

 

"You were with me the whole time?" he asked as he ran his thumb on her palm.

 

Sunny looked down and nodded.

 

"I-I'm sorry" she mumbled, still looking down.

 

"For sleeping beside me and taking care of me?" he asked, smiling.

 

"No. For not understanding, for being childish and for causing you pain. I really am sorry. I wish you'd be with someone who understands you better" Sunny said, pain evident in her voice. She never wanted anyone else to be with Kyuhyun, but she thought she had messed up big time and Kyuhyun won't forgive her.

 

"And I wish I'd be with you forever" Kyuhyun said as he pulled her forward "We've just been on one date but I've been liking you since a long time Sunny. And I would rather be alone that be with anyone else."

 

Sunny could feel fresh tears in her eyes at the innocent confession. Kyuhyun lifted his hand up and wiped her tears, after much efforts. They both stared at each-other lovingly before Kyuhyun broke the silence,

 

"You know, it's good to kiss in situations like this"

 

"YAH! How could you--" all of Sunny's protests melted when she felt his trembling lips on hers.

 

"Be with me Soonkyu".

 

 

 

 

A/n- 90° bow to all of my readers as an apology. Thank you for waiting. This fic ends here. As I said, long fics are not my cup of tea but I wanted to write one. Thank you for bearing with me, you had to read a crappy fic. I'm grateful for all the comments and subscriptions. I usually do one-shots, I might post a few here. But those will be girlxgirl pairings.

Thank you again :)