Gwangbin #2

10 days of taking over my friends tumblr inbox

Beanbaby: Ahaha. HOW IS THAT YOUR FAVOURITE SONG??

 

Pildok69: You act like a pre-teen girl over Park Hyoshin, who are you to be questioning my taste in music??

 

Beanbaby: Shut up. Park Hyoshin hyung is perfect. If you don't love him, you're wrong.

 

Pildok69: Are you sure you don't want to call him “oppa”? :P I bet you even write your names inside little hearts in the margins of your notebooks!

 

Beanbaby: And if I did, you'd be jealous.

 

Pildok69: Absolutely, baby. He can't have you. I've already called dibs. And I'm just waiting for the day I get to make you call me “oppa”.

 

Beanbaby: Omg. You're so gross. Go away.

 

Pildok69: ;)
Pildok69: So, that's what you're going to sing in your competition?

 

Beanbaby: Yeah, I guess so. I mean, there's no song I know better than a Park Hyoshin song, and I love it, it's my favourite, which should help me 'connect with it' or whatever... right?
Beanbaby: Or do you think there's something else I should sing??
Beanbaby: (or should I just back out while I still can?? Lol. Butnotreallylolthedeadlinetodropistomorrow.)

 

Pildok69: Hey now! You were so excited about passing your audition for this competition, why would you back out? I think your song choice is perfect. You will go up there and kill it. Don't second guess. Just go do your thing.

 

Beanbaby: ...I'm just... so nervous about this stupid competition now I know I said I was only doing it for fun but now my mom has told everyone about it and now.. I have to do well, you know?
Beanbaby: I don't think I'll even be able to breathe between now and Friday. T-T

 

Pildok69: Oh, that really ... But still, you're doing it for you, right? Because you love to sing, not because you need to impress people.
Pildok69: (if only we were closer. I have so many ideas on ways to help you sleep)

 

Beanbaby: Yeah...
Beanbaby: (I'm going to ignore that. :P)

 

Pildok69: Or you could go on cam now and sing for me and let me reassure you that you're going to be perfect.
Pildok69: (what if I was thinking like..to the death soccer match. Are you over there having erted thoughts about me? Oh. You nasty boy, I feel so violated. Do it more.)

 

Beanbaby: Lol, I would except if you tell me I , I won't even be able to go on stage.
Beanbaby: also it's like 1am and I'm just in my boxers. Lol.

 

Pildok69: Oh. Such a tease. Now you DEFINITELY have to go on cam! *eyebrow wiggle*

 

Beanbaby: You're such a . Why do I even talk to you.

 

Pildok69: Cos you love me. And I'm really hot.

 

Beanbaby: So modest. Seriously. You need to send me a pic of you! What's taking so long? You're not some gross, old ert, are you???

 

Pildok69: Haha. NO. Omg. But you're a bit gorgeous. Give me a few days so I can take a really hot picture of my abs or something to compete with

your impossible face.

 

Beanbaby: ....not sure if that's you trying to flirt.. :P
Beanbaby: fine. But you better send it soon! And if you're an old ert, I'm going to kick your .
Beanbaby: Ah. . Ok, I gotta go. I have a math final tomorrow and it would be a good idea if I got a little bit of sleep...

 

Pildok69: Yeah, probably a good idea. Message tomorrow, tell me how it goes?

 

Beanbaby: Of course. ^^
Beanbaby: Sweet dreams~~

 

Pildok69: Come visit them and they will be. ;)

 

Beanbaby: shut up. You're gross.

 

Pildok69: You know you love it.
Pildok69: Good night!!

 

Beanbaby: Niiiiiight!

 

 

Feedog logged off his computer and threw himself into his bed, not even bothering to change properly for bed, just ripping off his jeans and tossing them to the side. It was late, he was tired and there was no one around to scold him for his laziness.

Despite being really tired, he couldn't stop thinking about Hongbin. He'd been talking to this guy almost everyday for almost 4 months now, it's weird to think he could feel so close to someone over the internet but they just had so much in common and conversation flowed so easily between them. Hongbin was one of the funniest, nicest guys he'd ever met and even before Hongbin had asked about sending pics, he'd been developing a bit of a crush on the other boy but when Hongbin had sent him his picture? Dimples, playful smile and those eyes. He had no idea the boy he'd been shamelessly flirting with was so beautiful, he put the freaking statue of David to shame! He'd been a little shy to send his own picture after that (not that he thought of himself as 'ugly' but..)
 

It was three days later that he told his mum he was going to hop a bus to see Hongbin perform. His mum had been against it at first but he managed to convince her –surprisingly with the help of his father– that it wasn't that far and he knew how to take care of himself and it was only for the weekend. He might have fibbed a little about Hongbin's parents picking him up at the other end but..
He'd be missing class on Friday but he was a good enough student that he felt like he could get away with that. And for Hongbin, to finally meet him in person and to watch him perform and support him, it was so worth it.

 

Pildok69: Hongbin, you there?

 


 

Pildok69: Hey, Honbin! I missed you last night.. I have something exciting to tell you!

 


 

Pildok69: Hongbin, I guess you're busy practicing and stuff. I uh.. I miss you. I guess I'll talk to you soon? If I don't get to talk to you before your performance (your thing starts at7 tomorrow night, right?) break a leg!

 

Gwangsuk was a little disappointed that he couldn't get a hold of Hongbin but he was a little bit excited about getting to surprise him. And there was still the chance that Hongbin would come online at some point.
Gwangsuk went to bed early, he didn't have to get up especially early. His bus didn't leave until 10am and he'd already packed his backpack with clothes and 'etc' for a weekend away. It's just, the sooner he went to bed, the sooner he'd get to see Hongbin.

 

Hongbin was pacing nervously, he'd been practising as much as he thought he could without putting a strain on his voice but now it was only an hour until curtain and he was so not ready.

He swallowed repeatedly, trying to convince himself that he was not going to vomit. He did not need to vomit.
'Oh my god, I'm going to vomit. Why did I sign up for this?? I'm not a singer!' He screamed at himself in his mind.

He fished out his phone, awkwardly punching in his code incorrectly twice, before making himself breath and calm down enough to properly hit 4 numbers without screwing that up.

'Seriously, how am I going to stand up on stage and sing a song by the most perfect human, when I can't even handle that' Berating himself wasn't helping his nerves, but it wasn't something he could really help at this point. He needed to talk to Gwangsuk, Gwangsuk would tell him just the right things, like he always did.

He snuck out the side door, needing a bit of fresh air and leaned up against the gym wall while pulling up his conversation with “Pildok69” and was surprised to see he'd missed messages from him. Well, he wasn't really surprised. He and Gwangsuk talked pretty much every day, but he'd been really busy with finals and practising. He really needed to do well on both and, truth be told: Gwangsuk was such a distraction. Hongbin would much rather talk to him all night than study or even practice. 'As perfect as Hyoshin hyung is' Hongbin justified, 'Gwangsuk is MY perfect human'. Hongbin worried he might have actually blushed at his own gross thoughts. But really, he'd fallen head over heels for Gwangsuk almost right away. Which was dumb, he'd always told himself that internet dating wasn't even a thing; you couldn't possibly know someone well enough to be 'in love' when you only talked to them online. But then Gwangsuk happened, with his dumb humour and gross, over the top flirting... and sweet words and how he always knew how to make Hongbin's heart flutter. Hongbin would never admit this out loud, it's a secret he would take to his grave... but he liked Gwangsuk even more than Park Hyoshin.
He needed that twit to send him a picture! Hongbin was 98% sure that Gwangsuk had been stalling because he's not attractive (or Gwangsuk thought he was unattractive) but at this point, Hongbin wouldn't care if he looked like an alien.

He would care if Gwangsuk turned out to be a pedo. But.. it had been Hongbin's idea to exchange photos and stuff so.. ? Hongbin was just hoping.

 

Beanbaby: Hey, I am SO sorry I missed your messages!! What's the exciting news?

 

 

Beanbaby: Ah. I guess you're not online yet. You're probably eating dinner right now, right? Or cooking? I hope it's yummy! One day when we meet, you're going to have to cook for me!! I demand it! :P So start practising!

 

Hongbin sighed. He felt a little bit better, but it would have been so much better if Gwangsuk had actually been online.

 

(AN: this is the song)    오늘의 하늘은                                                

내게 누군가가 두고 간

Hongbin startled. Someone was singing his song. This was his song for the show, the coordinators go through everyone's song choices to make sure there are no doubles but maybe they'd missed one? He panicked, looking around trying to spot the source through the cars and soon-to-be-spectators entering the gym.

선물 같아

어제보다 더 따뜻해

Finally he spotted the guy through the stream of people. There was a short, kid in a beanie sitting, cross-legged on the concrete median, across from him.

너도 나와 같다면

지금 이 노래를 들어봐

He was holding a sign with Hongbin's name on it.

눈을 감아

The kid stood up and walked towards him.

또 다시 눈을 뜰 때면

He stopped a couple feet from Hongbin and smiled at him. The most beautiful, soft, tender smile Hongbin could ever remember being on the receiving end of..

It's gonna be alright~”

He finished the song and lifted his hand into the air, waving it awkwardly.

“Hi, Hongbin. I'm Gwangsuk...?”

 

Hongbin had been hoping to hear those words, he'd suspected when a stranger, holding a placard with his name on it suddenly started serenading him with his favourite song but.. this kind of this doesn't happen in real life. Except that it was.

This was the guy Hongbin had been fighting off feelings for and suddenly he was here, in front of him, doing the sweetest things. And oh, my God, he was adorable! Not exactly traditionally handsome, but he was so cute and he had the most charming smile. Hongbin was more in love already. Before he even realized what was happening, Hongbin had raced to Gwangsuk's and leapt into his arms.

Gwansuk stumbled a little at the unexpected force of the taller boy throwing himself at Gwangsuk, but he adjusted quickly to support him and grinned up at Hongbin.

“Look at you, literally throwing yourself at me. I must be even hotter than I realized” he joked.

 

“How are you here??” Hongbin questioned, ignoring Gwangsuk's remark in favour of more important things.

“I wanted to see you. And I thought you might like to have an adoring fan in the crowd.”

 

Hongbin leaned his forehead against Gwangsuk's. “You were so right. I've been so nervous, I thought about just leaving, running away but I knew you'd ask me about it.. and I didn't want to tell you I'd chickened out..”

 

“I'm glad you didn't, or I would never have found you!”

 

“Yeah” Hongbin smiled happily down at Gwangsuk. “I am so happy you're here, so happy to finally meet you in person, so happy you're not a gross old man, ing from his mother's basement. Ah~ I'm so happy, I could kiss you right now.” The words, slipping out before Hongbin could stop them.

 

Gwangsuk grinned. “Promise?”

 

Hongbin rolled his eyes, feeling silly for worrying, this was typical Gwangsuk. But still, he blushed and pecked Gwangsuk quickly on the lips.

 

“Mm.” Gwangsuk gently put Hongbin back on the ground “that was nice, but I was really hoping more for..”
Gwangsuk cradled Hongbin's chin and watched Hongbin's eyes flutter shut as Gwangsuk brought him in for another, longer kiss.

 

“Yeah, yeah you're right. That was much better” Hongbin breathed, “but now I can't let you out-do me.”

“Oh? Is it going to be like that?” Gwangsuk asked, half teasing. “This is going to be fun. I can't wait for your rebuttal”


“Well, you've got the whole competition to mentally prepare yourself for it” said Hongbin, hearing the staff calling out the door for him. He pecked Gwangsuk on the lips again quickly -- one for the road-- before heading back through the stage doors.

“I'll see you after the show? You're staying with me, right?” Hongbin said over his shoulder, tone implying it wasn't really a question. Gwangsuk nodded in response and Hongbin winked and disappeared, leaving Gwangsuk to find himself a seat and only imagine all the trouble he and his heart were going to get into, spending a whole weekend with his perfect Hongbin.