Gwangbin #4

10 days of taking over my friends tumblr inbox

Hongbin carelessly rubbed sun screen into his chest and shoulders as he pretended to not watch the lifeguard across the pool, surrounded by a gaggle of laughing children.

 

On his first day at the resort, he and his friends had spotted this lifeguard making an idiot of himself for the sake of making the vacationing kids laugh. He wasn't exactly Hongbin's type, and he looked like he'd be a little shorter than Hongbin and, usually Hongbin likes his men nice and tall but when he saw the lifeguard burst into laughter too after pretending to toss one of the kids into the pool, Hongbin was a little smitten. He'd been half a second away from commenting on how cute the lifeguard was when one of his friends snorted and pointed out the “embarrassing loser”


That was why Hongbin's previous two days had included a lot more tanning that Hongbin ever wanted, while the lifeguard entertained kids and put band aids on “boo boos” and once, an elderly woman had gotten a cramp and Hongbin had really gotten to see the man in action. And then he'd gotten the nice little show when, after a first aid person had taken over, the lifeguard pulled off his soaked shirt. Hongbin had gotten plenty of opportunity to admire the nice biceps, showcased by the lifeguard's sleeveless white lifeguard shirt but the view of the abs and v-line that day was truly a treat.
His friends insisted he was a dork and that Hongbin was so out of his league but Hongbin looked at him, with his goofy giant smile and his childlike laughter, playing with the children, and he thought he was just the most endearingly sweet man he'd ever seen. And the delicious abs and biceps were enough to have Hongbin sure of (and definitely not fantasizing about) how y and dominating that lifeguard could be, if Hongbin could ignore his friends and work up the courage to talk to him (and talk him into bed..?)

 

Hongbin sighed, getting up from the pool chair that he'd gotten up stupidly early in order to claim for the day, sighing as it was claimed by a bleached beach bunny-type not even a second after his left the seat. He'd been by the pool for hours, the lifeguard's shift would be over soon and Hongbin had wasted another opportunity. Resigned, he started making his way back into the hotel when he, of course, stepped on an unseen pool toy and tripped. It was just like in the movies, Hongbin could feel himself falling, like in slow motion but there was nothing he could do to stop himself from falling. He only just closed his mouth (after a short yell of surprise) in time to not taken in any water.

 

The shocking thing, even more shocking that tripping and falling into the pool, was that Hongbin would swear he'd only just gone under when he felt hands grabbing him, arms wrapping around him and pulling him up above the water and pulling him over onto the very uncomfortable pool edge. He coughed, blinked water from his eyes, trying to orient himself. He found himself looking up into the very concerned eyes of the lifeguard, hovering over him, water dripping from his cute black bangs onto Hongbin's cheek.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

The lifeguard looked even more concerned when Hongbin wasn't able to form a reply.


“Just be calm, we'll get you help” This spurred Hongbin into action, he was mortified as it was, there was no way he was being carried out of here to the hospital or something when there was nothing wrong with him.


“No. No, I'm ok. Just.. a little embarrassed.” He knew he was blushing but he was rewarded with a smile and the lifeguard sitting on his knees next to him (although Hongbin couldn't deny having the lifeguard hovering over him like that was an image he'd be saving for later).

 

“Are you sure?”


Hongbin nodded.


“Darn, I guess I have no excuse for mouth to mouth then..” the lifeguard joked.


Hongbin laughed, gathering all the courage he had to joke back. “Ah, today's been a little slow? I could pretend to be unconscious, if that would make you feel better?” Hongbin's confidence grew a little at surprise that flitted across the lifeguard's face.


“I'm Oh Gwangsuk, I'm a lifeguard here over the summer.”


“Lee Hongbin, I noticed.” The last part slipped out before Hongbin could catch himself and this time it was Gwangsuk's turn to blush a little.

“You noticed?”


“I mean, I've been here a couple days already and.. I come to the pool sometimes.. and.. I've seen you playing with the kids? You're pretty cute with them...” he trailed off, dying a little at how not smooth he was.

 

“Hah” Gwangsuk let out what sounded like a laugh of disbelief. “I mean, I know. You're a little hard not to notice.. I just. You've turned down so many people – both guys and girls the past two days, what are you doing noticing me?”


Hongbin would have shrugged, except he realized he was still lying on his back next to the pool. Sitting up abruptly, he looked at Gwangsuk right in the eye, b with confidence from Gwangsuk's words.


“Well, none of them could compete with the totally dorky, really cute and kind of gorgeous lifeguard that I spotted on my first day here. I've been too busy trying to get him to notice me to notice anyone else.” He bit his lip, waiting.

 

It was a beautiful sight, watching Gwangsuk's expression shift from mildly quizzical to surprise and then to utter delight, with that ridiculously giant mouth stretching across Gwangsuk's face in the most beautiful smile Hongbin had even seen. Yeah, he was definitely a little smitten.

 

“My shift ends in,” Gwangsuk looked at the giant clock on the wall of the little poolside bar, “well, actually it ended like three minutes ago.” He stood up, helping Hongbin to his feet also. “I know this fantastic restaurant a couple streets away, it's a favourite with the locals. Do you want to.. would you maybe want to have dinner with me?”


“I'd love to.”


“Great! Uh, cool. Okay, so I need to change and I uh, I image you want to change too?” He carried on when Hongbin laughed and nodded. “How does an hour sound? An hour for whatever and then we can meet back here to walk over?”


Hongbin nodded once more, heart fluttering at the thought of going on this date.
“I'll see you in an hour, Gwangsuk” Hongbin turned, giving Gwangsuk a little (embarrasing) wave and he turned and walked quickly the rest of the way to the hotel entrance.
He reached the door and peeked over his shoulder to see if Gwangsuk was still there and if he'd been watching Hongbin leave. Gwangsuk was still there but –Hongbin had to laugh– Gwangsuk appeared to be mid 'happy dance'. Such a dork. It was adorable.

Hongbin had an hour and he was going to make himself so irresistibly hot, Gwangsuk wouldn't know what hit him.