Yun

10 days of taking over my friends tumblr inbox

You were hovering over by the food table, so cliche, waiting for your friend to finish making her rounds, knowing she'd come hang out with you as soon as she'd greeted everyone and thanked them for coming. You could see the band setting up, you suspected your being here had something to do with your friend wheedling Sam until he agreed Lunafly would play a few songs. Your friend was very aware of your crush on Yun and was determined to get you two together.

 

So you were by the refreshments, carefully watching the boys – Yun– set up. You noticed that Yun looked really nervous, which was weird. You knew he got a little nervous before shows, but this crowd was nothing compared to actual concerts and it was just a few songs at a friend's part, that should be pretty low pressure, you thought. You wandered over to the 'stage' to give him a few words of encouragement. You'd spoken enough that you figured you could consider yourself sort of his friend too.

 

“Hey” You'd wanted to come across confident and casual but you ended up sounding just as nervous as you felt. This was Yun, afterall.

 

“Oh, h-hey!” The poor boy must be really nervous, his voices was shaking as he greeted you back.

 

“You nervous? You.. you don't need to be. You're– you guys are always amazing.” You smiled, hoping he could see how genuine your words were.

 

“Hah. Yeah, I can't seem to shake my nerves today. We're uh, we're playing a new song, that must be it.” He was still fiddling with cords and stuff, not turning to talk with you properly, you understood. He was busy setting up, you'd said what you needed to say, maybe you'd get to chat with him a little more after their set.

 

“Well, I'm really excited to hear it. Break a leg!” You started to wander back to your post by the refreshment table, waiting for your friend or for Lunafly to start, whichever came first.

 

“Hey, thanks!”


You looked over your shoulder, meeting Yun's eyes finally. Your heart fluttered at the beautiful smile, just for you. You even thought there was a little blush to his face but that's just wishful thinking or the lights playing (mean) tricks with you.

 

“Anytime.” You smile. “And I mean it, you'll be great.”

On your walk back the the table, you spot your friend talking to a group of people you don't know. You'd go to her but, you're not feeling especially outgoing today and to be honest, you'd much rather just keep watching Yu– Lunafly set up. She met your eyes though, wiggling her eyebrows at you, clearly having seen your exchange with Yun.

 

You rolled your eyes at her, pretending you weren't equally as excited (more) and sped up, hoping to get there and hide before anyone saw how out of control your blush was.

 

Either her timing was impeccable or that had been enough incentive for your friend to hurry up with her social obligations, moments later she was next to you, elbowing you in the side, prompting you to dish on your moment with Yun.
Thankfully, true to form, without even knowing, your Sam “oppa” saved you from having to talk about a 'completely normal' interaction that you knew you wouldn't be able to recount without blushing or doing something to embarrass yourself. Even if it was only to your friend.

 

“Good evening everyone! As I'm sure you all know, we are Lunafly. I'm Sam, this is Teo and this is Yun. Before we start playing our set, I'd love it if you all could join us in serenading our birthday girl with the birthday song, alright? Fantastic, let's go.” The boys started playing, and everyone started singing, Sam wiggling his finger 'come here' at your friend. You ended up dragging her to his side, where the coward just tried to hide behind him, causing everyone to laugh (Yun had such a great laugh). After that, the two of you escaped back to the refreshments and Lunafly started playing their songs.


“Your Yunnie is lookin' pretty handsome today, eh?” your friend teased.

 

“Shut up” you pouted cutely, not really annoyed at the teasing because you agreed completely. He looked amazing.

 

 

Lunafly took a quick water break and then Sam was back at the mic.


 

“Alright, ladies and gents. We only have one song left to play and then we're turning the music over to the dj. But this song, is a special song. For two reasons actually. The first being that the birthday girl really loves it, if you're not a fan of country, feel free to about this. I know I do.” He grinned over at your friend who just muttered something about “cheeky ” under her breath.

 

“The other reason, well.. that's a surprise.” With that, Sam traded spots with Yun, letting him take centre mic and picked up his guitar.
Yun took a deep breath, stared straight ahead into the crowd and stated to strum his guitar.

 

(AN: This is the song)

“I'll never settle down,

that's what I always thought,

Ye' I was that kind of man,
just ask anyone.

 

I don't dance but here I am,
spinning you 'round and 'round in circles.
It ain't my style, but I don't care,
I'd do anything with you anywhere.

Yes, you got me in the palm of your hand,

cos I don't dance.”

 

 

At that last line, Yun peeked over at the two of you and smiled. This being the song he was so nervous about, and him performing it so beautifully, you sent him a quick thumbs up. Your friend snorting obnoxiously next to you, barely trying to hold back laughter.

 

Then Yun pulled off his guitar and put it down, grabbing his mic and hopping off the stage.

 

 

“Love's never come my way,

I've never been this far.

Cos you took these two left feet,
and waltzed away with my heart.”


And suddenly Yun was in front of you, passing his mic off to your friend and extending a hand out to you. You look over at your friend, who's grinning at you and motioning you to hurry up and take his hand, so you do. He flashes you one of those smiles and usually Yunnie's smiles can make your heart race but there's something in this one. You can't even breath as Yun is leading you out on to the dance floor, guiding your arm to his shoulders before wrapping one of his around your waist and clasping your other in his –slightly sweaty– grasp. Sam takes over singing lead, now that Yun's give up his mic, but Yun continues singing anyway, quietly and just for you, as he clumsily leads you around the floor.



“No, I don't dance, but here I am,
spinning you 'round and 'round in circles.
It ain't my style, but I don't care,
I'd do anything with you anywhere.
Yes, you got me in the palm of your hand, girl,
Cos I don't dance~
No~ I don't dance."



Other couples were joining you and Yun on the floor, but you hardly notices. You didn't notice much of anything. Your friend will tell you later that Teo and Sam sounded so beautiful performing the rest of the song but in that moment, all you knew was the man holding you in his arms, singing this beautiful song to you. It was like nothing else existed beyond those beautiful brown eyes.
And then he stopped singing and the two of you stopped moving and you felt awareness of the rest of the room slowly coming back to you.
You realized that the song was over, but the room was still completely silent and everyone was staring at you and Yun.
Yun noticed at the same time as you, looking around at everyone and then back at you, suddenly looking three times more nervous than he had before the boys had started playing.



“I.. I wanted to play a song for you. I-” he laughed awkwardly. “I had a little help picking out the song..” Over his shoulder you see your friend waving, proudly acknowledging her part in this scheme.
“But, it was for you. I. We've spent a bit of time together now and I” He looked down at his feet, gulping a huge breath and then looking back up at you. “I really like you. Will you go out with me?” He bit his lip, nervously anticipating your answer......