Theme 139

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Dance
Pairing: Luck, another pair that you’ll have to wait for
Related Chapter: 94, 98, 104, 115, 119, 127, 141, 148, 163, 177, 182, 194, 200, 214, 228,
Word Count: 938

                     

“This is so stupid,” Sanghyuk sighed, dropping down into the empty seat between Wonsik and Hongbin.

“Don’t say that,” Wonsik said, “the summer festival is an important tradition for our pack.”

“Oh I get that,” Sanghyuk rolled his eyes, “I meant that this dance is stupid.”

“I agree,” Hongbin sighed, leaning against the back of his chair, “I’m sick of people asking me to dance.”

“Oh,” Sanghyuk joked, “the pain of being you.” Wonsik started laughing beside him.

“So,” the three turned to find Jaehwan standing behind them, “remind me why I’m here? I don’t know anyone besides you guys. Oh! And the Alpha’s family, but they don’t really count, do they?”

“You’re part of the pack now,” Hongbin explained, “so why wouldn’t you take part in the summer festival?”

“It’s boring,” Jaehwan replied, shoving Wonsik over so that he could sit beside Sanghyuk. The other through an arm around Jaehwan’s shoulders, letting the other cuddle up against him.

“You’d be cute together,” Wonsik commented, earning himself a small slap from Sanghyuk.

“We’re brothers,” Jaehwan piped up, “well, technically we’re cousins on our mothers' side, but we were always like brothers.”

“Really?” Hongbin asked, curious to know more about Sanghyuk’s past. Even though they had known each other for a long time, Hongbin felt ashamed to admit that he didn’t know anything about Sanghyuk’s life before he joined the pack.

“Yep,” Jaehwan grinned, “I was born and then Sanghyukkie was born two days later.”

“We were always together,” Sanghyuk added, resting his chin on top of Jaehwan’s head, “our parents said that we were more like brothers than cousins and the title kind of stuck.”

“Hear that?” Hakyeon whispered to Taekwoon from where the pair sat not far away from the younger four, “They’re brothers. You don’t have to worry about Jaehwan stealing Sanghyuk.”

“Shut up,” Taekwoon hissed, “I’m not worried about someone taking Sanghyuk.” But, he had to admit, knowing that Jaehwan was related to Sanghyuk did make him feel more than a little bit better.

“Why don’t you ask him to dance?” Hakyeon questioned, “I mean, everyone is dancing with everyone as it is. and you’re our alpha’s son, destined to take over for him one day. you can’t just sit in the corner the whole time and not take part in things like this.”

“I don’t take part in things like this,” Taekwoon scowled, his frown softening before he gave another reason for being reluctant to ask Sanghyuk to dance with him, “he probably wouldn’t say yes anyway. Sure, we’re getting along more lately, but not well enough for me to do that.”

“Then I will,” Hakyeon huffed, getting up and going over to Sanghyuk.

Taekwoon bit back a growl as he watched Sanghyuk accept Hakyeon’s invitation without a second thought. It was true that they were getting along better, had been ever since the visit to Sanghyuk’s old pack. But were they really on good enough terms for Taekwoon to try something like asking him to dance? Taekwoon didn’t think so. He wanted to get to that point so badly, though.

Hakyeon glanced over at Taekwoon, feeling a great deal of pity for his friend. He knew how much Taekwoon cared for Sanghyuk, saw it in the other’s eyes every time he looked at the younger werewolf. It was a shame that he’d spent so many years driving Sanghyuk away. Maybe if he hadn’t, he could easily ask Sanghyuk to dance. Maybe they would even be cuddled up together in the corner looking like lovers.

Hakyeon sighed, deciding that it was his duty to help his best friend out with his love problems. It killed him a little bit, though. Over the years, Hakyeon had come to care for Sanghyuk a great deal. At first, he thought it was simply because Sanghyuk was his beloved little brother’s best friend. And then he realized that wasn’t it. He cared for Sanghyuk so much because he loved him. Unfortunately, this realization came after Taekwoon had confessed his own feelings for the younger.

It would seem that Hakyeon had two rather large flaws in his being; he loved the same boy that his best friend loved, and he was too selfless to try and take Sanghyuk for himself.

“Sanghyuk,” Hakyeon smiled brightly, “why don’t you ask Taekwoon to dance?”

“Why?” Sanghyuk questioned, “Taekwoon doesn’t like stuff like that.” Even in the dim lighting, Hakyeon could see clear as day that Taekwoon’s feelings weren’t as one sided as he feared. There was something in Sanghyuk’s eyes when he talked about Taekwoon, when he said the other’s name. It wasn’t love, not yet. But it would be.

“Yeah,” Hakyeon shrugged, trying to fight back the pain he felt in his heart, “but don’t you think he looks lonely and bored over there? You could at least go sit and talk with him for a while.”

“What about you?” Sanghyuk asked, not wanting to leave the other alone.

“I was planning to show Jaehwan around,” Hakyeon grinned, “he doesn’t know anyone yet, right? What better time than now to meet new people? The whole pack is here, after all.”

Sanghyuk smiled, thanking Hakyeon before heading off to join Taekwoon. The older seemed surprised that Sanghyuk was coming over to him under his own free will, but was quick to welcome the other with a small smile. Hakyeon watched as the pair started to talk, a sad smile on his face.

“I never had a chance, did I?” Hakyeon said to himself, “but so long as two of the people I love the most in this world are happy, that’s alright.”

A/N: awww, poor Hakyeon.