Theme 104

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Change
Pairing: Luck
Related Chapter: 94, 98, 115, 119, 127, 139, 141, 148, 163, 177, 182, 194, 200, 214, 228,
Word Count: 860

                     

Taekwoon hadn’t expected his view on Sanghyuk to ever change. It hadn’t taken long after meeting the younger for Taekwoon to decide that Sanghyuk was useless. Given, not many six year old look like they’re going to amount to anything, but Taekwoon was convinced that his prediction would come true. Even as his mother scolded him for making such an announcement with Sanghyuk right there, Taekwoon hadn’t had a doubt in his mind that he would be proven right.

“He’s growing up really well,” Hakyeon, Taekwoon’s best – and maybe only – friend, remarked as the pair watched Sanghyuk roughhouse with his own best friend and the younger brother to Hakyeon, Hongbin.

“He doesn’t have much of an opponent,” Taekwoon scoffed, but a small voice in the back of his head whispered that Sanghyuk was indeed growing up better than expected.

“You realize that’s my brother you’re talking about, right?” Hakyeon growled at the other, “can you be a little less rude. God, no wonder Sanghyuk hates you.”

“He doesn’t hate me,” Taekwoon bit back a growl of his own.

Yet, he knew Hakyeon wasn’t lying. Sanghyuk had started out scared of him – actually, Sanghyuk had started out scared of everything, so that might not count. What did count was that after Taekwoon’s first comment of being useless, Sanghyuk had made a point of avoiding him or simply glaring at him. Taekwoon hadn’t helped things, always making comments about how weak Sanghyuk was or how he failed at tasks Taekwoon deemed ‘simple.’

Now at age fifteen, Sanghyuk growled at Taekwoon whenever he could get away with it. When he couldn’t get away with growling, he just glared. Taekwoon hated to admit it, but he didn’t like it when Sanghyuk reacted that way to him. For some reason he couldn’t grasp, it made him sad. This in turn made him growl or glare back at the younger which just reinforced Sanghyuk’s dislike for him.

“Right,” Hakyeon rolled his eyes, “let’s test that theory, shall we?”

Before Hakyeon could do anything, they noticed another of their younger pack members walking over to Sanghyuk and Hongbin. Taekwoon felt a growl bubbling up in his throat and he clenched his teeth in order to keep it at bay. He couldn’t figure out why he hated Wonsik so much, but he just did. Something about seeing the younger werewolf hanging out around Sanghyuk all the time pissed him off.

“Let’s go,” Hakyeon said, grabbing Taekwoon’s arm and dragging him over to the three younger werewolves, “I wanna talk to someone who actually talks back.”

“Hyung!” Hongbin grinned when he noticed the older pair making their way over, “what’s up?”

“Hey,” Wonsik smiled slightly, nodding respectfully at Taekwoon.

“Hi,” Sanghyuk smiled at Hakyeon, completely ignoring Taekwoon.

“Not much,” Hakyeon said, answering Hongbin’s question, “Taekwoon here is about as much fun as a rock today, so I thought I’d come hang out with you kids.”

Sanghyuk snickered at that and Taekwoon felt a mix of emotions at that. On one hand, he found that the sound of Sanghyuk’s laugher was really cute. On the other, he felt embarrassed. He hated being laughed at as it was, but it felt even worse when that laugher was coming from Sanghyuk. It confused him a great deal because he didn’t feel this way with anyone else in the whole pack. Just Sanghyuk.

“Cool,” Wonsik nodded, “I was just about to help Sanghyuk with his sparing. Do you want to watch, or….?”

“We’ll watch,” Taekwoon answered, trying to ignore the feeling of hurt that came with the glare Sanghyuk sent his way.

“Alright,” Wonsik said, leading Sanghyuk a little bit away from the others so that they wouldn’t get caught up in the fight, “let’s go.”

Taekwoon silently watched as the pair sparred. As much as he disliked Wonsik, he had to admit that the other was a great fighter. His own father often praised the younger, something that annoyed Taekwoon from time to time, but Taekwoon couldn’t deny that Wonsik deserved the praise. That’s what made it so amazing to see Sanghyuk holding his own against Wonsik. Taekwoon felt a rush of pride seeing Sanghyuk do so well against Wonsik, even if the fight did end with Sanghyuk defeated.

“You’re getting better,” Wonsik praised, helping Sanghyuk to his feet, “I’m impressed, Sanghyukkie,”

“Thanks,” the younger grinned brightly and Taekwoon felt a flash of anger and jealously.

How dare Wonsik call Sanghyuk with such familiarity. Taekwoon couldn’t explain why that angered him so much, it just did. And Sanghyuk’s bright smile directed at Wonsik didn’t make him feel any better. He didn’t like seeing that look directed at other people, he wanted that look to be directed only at him. He just didn’t understand why he would want that. Sanghyuk was just the useless little kid his father had brought home, the tiny little child who was scared of everything and slept in the room across the hall from his own.

Even as Taekwoon thought that, he realized how hollow the words were. His view of Sanghyuk had changed, he just didn’t know when it had changed nor what it was changing to.

A/N: awww, poor Leo. But he kind of deserves some ‘angry Hyuk’ treatment ‘cuz of how he used to act around him.