B Bomb: Ice Cream 1

Block B Love Stories

     "Mop the floors, done, bus the tables, done, adjust freezer temperature, done, bring out new cones, done, fix soft serve machine, done. Now all that's left, advertisement." She sighed when she looked at the mascot, a giant soft serve cone, the perks of working in an ice cream parlor.

     "Make sure you don't get it dirty. It costs a lot of money to get things like these washed and dry cleaned," the assistant manager Pyo Ji Hoon said, he had seniority over her here, but back at school they were equals. Sometimes she'd be worried that he took his job too seriously.

     "Ji Hoon ah, how come you don't do advertisement?" She complained as she began to put on the ridiculous costume, "I think an assistant manager should be doing this too for the sake of the business. You'd also look super adorable!"

     "Do you know how many people want to hug you and take pictures with you in that? I can't have random people hugging me, also who would manage the other employees and serve customers? My job is very difficult already," he said in his defense.

     "What other employees? It's only us two whenever we work, plus you're not even the actual manager. You're assistant manager. You don't have as much power as you think Ji Hoon ah."

     "Shut up, you're the one dressed as ice cream. Now go outside and advertise." This was her life Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Working in an ice cream parlor and being dressed as giant ice cream for an hour. After half an hour of dancing to Crayon Pop Bar Bar Bar she was beat and couldn't handle it, the song was on replay and she felt as if she had to hear it any longer her brain would explode.

     "Why didn't you keep dancing? Tired more than usual?" A voice asked, she looked up at the owner of the voice through the dark mesh cloth and nodded in reply. It wasn't because she wasn't allowed to talk in this costume, it was because every time this person spoke to her it made her heart stop. The person who did this was Lee Min Hyuk. Undeniably one of the most handsome boys in their grade, just along with his looks he was smart, kind, and talented, he was the whole package. He was her crush since she first laid eyes on him.

     "Don't give up, Ice Cream fighting!" He cheered for her while grabbing her hads to wave them. Ice Cream, that's what he called her whenever he saw her whether she was dressed up or not. Although most of their meetings were her dancing in the ice cream costume. She nodded and began to dance making him lightly chuckle before entering, "How cute."

     She felt her cheeks burn up when he said that, "He called me cute," she silently said unable to comprehend that it happened.

     For another half hour she danced and took pictures with the passbyers until it was finally over. Relieved, she removed the ice cream head and walked into the parlor where she saw Ji Hoon sitting at a table with his friends.

     "Yah! Pyo Ji Hoon I thought you were too concered about serving customers to go outside and dance in this costume for an hour!" She yelled outraged that he was slacking, she let out an angered grunt and threw the ice cream head at him."I'm telling the manager so you'll be on advertisement finally!"

     She walked to the back and changed herself back into her uniform and came back out to see that among Ji Hoon's friends Min Hyuk was sitting there. She felt her face go red after realizing that she had embarrassed herself in front of Min Hyuk.

     "I can't believe you actually told him. I just got a KaKao Talk from him saying that I'm on advertisement duty for the next two weeks," Ji Hoon complained as he stood next to her behind the counter.

     "Looks like I'll be seeing Ice Cream more often then," Min Hyuk said getting up prepared to leave, "Ji Hoon ah, tomorrow I'll make sure to take pictures with you and give you extra hugs. Ji Hoon ah, bye bye. Ice Cream keep wroking hard, fighting!"

     "Bye Min Hyuk," she fawned as she waved goodbye to him.

     "Could it be anymore obvious." Ji Hoon commented as he stood by her behind the counter, "I mean it'd take an idiot to not notice that you like him. You make it so obvious that I get second hand embarrassment sometimes."

     "Am I really that obvious?" She began to worry, "Oh crap, that means Min Hyuk knows and he-"

     "Oh you're hilarious," Ji Hoon bursts out in a deep laughter that deeply frightened her sometimes, "Min Hyuk is an idiot common sense wise. Don't worry, as far as he can understand you guys are just friends which must for you."

     "Wow Ji Hoon, you're such a great friend, what would I do without you?"


     "Late, all of you. Girls arms up, boys plank positions." This was her fault from oversleeping, now she was stuck with other students undergoing the punishment from their gym teacher. From the corner of her eye she saw another student coming in looking to sneak away from the teacher. "Park Kyung, you may look sick but that shouldn't stop you from doing a proper plank. I knew you were a weak one," the teacher sighed making the other students snicker. "Lee Min Hyuk! You think you can avoid me? Hurry up and get on the ground," she saw Min Hyuk running over with a disappointed look on his face because his plan had failed.

     "Park Kyung, are you sick?" Min Hyuk commented as he was getting down next to Kyung. He wasn't exactly sick, just weak, so weak that he fell over to the people net to him making the whole group of students fall over.

     "Wow, you all must have a a lot of energy, 20 laps around the field then get to class," the teacher said hitting the students with a stick to et them to start running.

     "Park Kyung I swear I'll kill you, why do have to be such a weakling," she complained as she was running beside him, "You better not come to the ice cream parlor today or I'll spit in your ice cream for you."

     "Ice Cream ah, good morning," Min Hyuk smiled, how he could smile after his friend just got a whole group of students into running laps was a mystery, but she didn't mind it at all. "Kyung ah, if I were you I'd run faster, Hwang Chan Sung and Ok Taec Yeon are coming up faster and thy look like they're going to kill you," Min Hyuk laughed at his friends misfortune. Kyung groaned and ran faster leaving Min Hyuk and her alone.

     "Min Hyuk ah, you're going to tutor me after school today right?" One of Min Hyuk's many admirers asked as she caught up with the two.

     "Sorry I can't, I only tutor people Wednesday and weekends. I'm busy all this week, maybe you can find someone else." She mentally cheered at the fact that Min Hyuk had just rejected one of the most beautiful, but brattiest, girl this school has ever seen.

     "Rebel, showing up late again," Ji Hoon joked as she took her seat, "Why are you all sweaty?"

     "That weakling friend of yours got all of us to run laps," she muttered, "Damn Park Kyung. You better show him how to do a proper push up or else I'll make sure you're on advertisement for the rest of your life."

     "Good Morning class, starting today we are combining class B with class A. Class A is having some difficulties currently and we are the smallest class in the grade so they are joining us," the teacher told them. The class erupted in a groan, they only had 20 people and adding the 30 from class A the class would be chaos.

     "I'm going to die with that many people stuffed in a room," she complained to Ji Hoon. "Are they crazy or something? What happened?"

     "The homeroom teacher got hospitalized and she taught like half their classes and the school is short on teachers because of budget cuts," Ji Hoon told her. Luckily instead of being squished into one small class, both classes were moved to a bigger room. When they arrived she saw that Min Hyuk was in class A and she held a bright smile to her face.

     "Alright at table 15 Lee Min Hyuk and Ahn Jae Hyo," the teacher said with seating assignments,"Table 16 will be Pyo Ji Hoon and."

     "Please not me," she whispered crossing her fingers, sadly it was her name that was called. She took her seat with Ji Hoon, but was happy to see that Min Hyuk sat in front of her.

     "Dude, we're in the same class finally," Jae Hyo said turning around to face Ji Hoon, "Ice Cream girl is here."

     "Ice Cream, we're classmates now. Let's take care of each other well okay?" Min Hyuk smiled as he turned around to his friend and her, "We'l have a lot of fun this year."