Tae Il: Sunbae 1

Block B Love Stories

     First day, the day where everyone makes a name for you and you can never get rid of it until the end of your high school years. Today was the first day of high school for her and she was labeled as Tofu. Something bland and boring, that is exactly what she is and the nickname suited her. Tofu found her first at high school overwhelming,  her friends from middle school went to different schools and she only knew a few people. Her day rolled on from teacher to teacher until she was finally able to leave the classroom for her favorite subject, art. To say she liked it would be an understatement, saying she loved it would be an understatement too. She walked in the class and saw that it was mixed of all different grades, feeling more uncomfortable than before she took a seat at a table in the back corner of the class. As people came in no one sat at her table until finally all of the tables were full and someone came in right before the bell rang and took a seat next to her.

     "Empty table, I don't know if this is a good or bad sign," the person said, "I haven't seen you before, you freshman?"

     "Y-yes," she said feeling flustered at his sudden question, she was too busy scribbling in her notebook to even notice someone sat at her table.

     "Lee Tae Il, junior," he introduced himself, she was going to introduce herself but lost the opportunity when the teacher began talking. She was a bit shocked though when Tae Il said he was a junior, he looked like her belonged in her grade, it might've been his huge circle glasses though. Throughout the classes she couldn't help but glance at Tae Il every so often, he had a certain charm and he had only spoken four words to her.

     "Hey Tofu!" Someone shouted and the next thing she knew a pencil was flying and hit her head, she realized that all eyes were on her and was unaware of what was going on.

     "Would you care to answer what are the elements of art in this painting or do you want to continue staring at nothing?" The art teacher said making her feel embarrassed, she answered the question correctly to her teacher's surprise and went on to continue the lesson, but Tae Il was stuck on her mind.

     As time passed she never did speak another word to Tae Il and Tae Il never spoke another word to her. That didn't stop the undeniable fact that she liked him. Tofu would eagerly wait for art class each day just so she could be near Tae Il even though his friends sat at the tables besides them. She knew that couldn't just sit around admiring him, but she was too afraid to confess to him. That is what gave her the idea of putting a love note in his locker.

     She followed him from afar after class and saw where his locker was and the next day she put her plan into action. She had purposely came to school early so she wouldn't get caught and die from embarrassment. Her classes rolled on as usual and when art came she was afraid to enter the class not wanting to face Tae Il and the probability of.him knowing that she was the writer of the love note. She stood outside by the door frame contemplating when she should walk in until someone came and gave her a light push.

     "Tofu, lets get in, class starts in two minutes." It was Tae Il. She felt her heart racing and her body feeling shaky when he touched her. Her stomach was feeling queasy and she felt electricity run through her body. She made it to her seat and took out her canvas for storage, when she saw it she didnt want to continue because of the subject. It was quite obvious that it was a man, but what wasnt obvious was that the man was Tae Il. The shape of his face and hair were almost the exact same, but. to avoid suspicion his face was replaced with various flowers

     She glanced over at Tae Il's project and he was sculpting a bust of a woman. "Who is she?" She thought, but didnt realize she said it aloud until Tae Il answered it for her.

      "A special person in my life." Her suddenly felt broken because now she knew he had a girlfriend, she nodded to his answer and went to get paint from the back. When she returned Tae Il was standing in front of her painting looking deep into thought. "Interesting, who is the person you're painting?" This made her feel under pressure, but she calmed because he was unaware it was him.

    "No one, I just drew a head with hair, nothing special," she told him calmly and he seemed content with her answer and walked back to his bust. Seeing the bust though only made her heart hurt because he seemed to be so in love with another person that the silver lining on the cloud seemed to dissapear.