Seven

Red Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun watched with a frown, as his friend Xiumin attempted to woo Bom as she chopped the tomatoes for breakfast. He rolled his eyes at the male, acting all suave and gentlemanly and trying too hard to be funny. He could tell Bom wasn't falling for it, although the corners of occasionally lifted at Xiumin's antics. Sehun knew Xiumin too well to know that the male didn't take no for an answer. Even more so when it came to women.

"What's your ideal type, Bom-sshi?" They were on a first name basis already, something Sehun didn't have the luxury of. He debated coming over to where the two were and drag Xiumin away, but that would make the female curious. He contained himself, forcing his eyes to avert to somewhere else. His vision landed on a Sooyoung, whose scrunched face was an indication of how her cooking tasted. He wandered over to the female, and managed to distract himself when Sooyoung looked up at him through her bangs. 

"I...don't really have a type." Bomm answered Xiumin, who was standing a little too close for comfort. She could see the man's interest in her-she wasn't blind-but she just didn't want to return it. She swore off men and relationships a long time ago ever since that day. Just the mere thought of it made her stop what she was doing and gazed into nothingness. 

That day. It was a sunny day just like today. She was the happiest woman in the world. Or at least she was supposed to be. She was supposed to be living her happy ever after, if only that day went right for her. 

Xiumin sensed the change in her mood, and stayed silent as her observed her features. The way she sliced the tomatoes into slices were gentle but decisive, yet her eyes didn't really seem to be looking at what she was doing. They looked glazed and faraway, as if she was immersed in something only she could see. The look only made her appear more beautiful in his eyes. In all of his life, he have encountered a fair share of women. He thought he had seen it all, but apparently hidden gems did exist. 

And he wanted this gem. He was willing to do anything to sweep her off her feet.

"Ow." She flinched, biting her lips as she looked at the cut on her finger. That was what she got for not paying attention. Blood oozed out from the small cut, its red color and texture taking her back to that day. All of a sudden she wasn't in the kitchen at the Oh mansion anymore, and she was lying on the floor at the bottom of the staircase in her bloody gown. All of a sudden all the emotions she tried so hard to keep at bay came at her, assaulting her with their intensity.

"Are you okay?" Xiumin asked her, holding up her finger with a concerned look in his eyes. She didn't answer him; she was too immersed in her own painful flashback to speak. He stared at her unblinking eyes, and frowned. He lifted her finger and lightly put the tip into his mouth to stop the bleeding. The warm sensation from the male's lips pulled her back to reality. She blinked, a drop of tear rolling down her cheek in the process. Her heart felt heavy all of a sudden, and she hurriedly lowered her gaze and pulled her finger from Xiumin as she mumbled a sorry and rushed outside to the garden. 

Xiumin stared at the retreating female in surprise, and was about to go after her when Sehun's hand settled on his shoulder. In a flash, the male passed Xiumin and headed right where Bom rushed to seconds ago. Xiumin blinked, his brows furrowed in curiosity.

----------------------------------------

 

She finally stopped running, and sat down on a bench in the garden. Then she proceeded to cry her heart out, letting all of her emotions taking the best of her once again. She cried over how unfair it was. She cried over how cruel it was. She cried over how pitiful she was. 

Her head was lowered into her palms as her shoulders shook with each sob; her hair fell over her face and prevented her from seeing a blond male rushing to her.

"Are you okay?" Sehun inquired her, panting a little from running. She didn't look up. 

"I'm fine." She wiped her eyes quickly and blew her nose, breathing in the fresh air of the flowers around. How embarrassing. Why did she have to break down like that in public? Although this wasn't the first time, she still couldn't help but think that he would judge her. He would pity her and act like he cared when he didn't. Why did her aunts have to send her here?

"Why are you crying then?" 

That was a good question. She just laughed lightly, dabbing at the damp corners of her eyes. She lowered her gaze into her lap, folding and refolding her hands just to distract herself from looking at him. He sat down next to her, putting his arms on the rail of the bench nonchalantly. 

"I...cut my finger." She offered, knowing it was lame. "That's all."

"That must have been very painful." He gave her a pointed look, a tinge of sarcasm in his voice. "Let me see."

She forgot all about her wound while she was bawling her eyes out, and lifted her finger up to look at it. It wasn't bleeding as much, but a small droplet fell down and dotted her jeans. She could feel her emotions rising again, but they suddenly fizzled when Sehun grabbed her hand and put her finger in his mouth.

"What are you..." She protested as he on the wound, a deep shade of red taking over her face as she tried to yank her finger back from his warm lips. Despite her best efforts, the male's grip was strong. She frowned and looked away from him, not wanting him to see her burning face. 

He finally released her finger moments later. "All good." He inspected the dry wound, smiling at her. Sehun took a handkerchief from his pocket and wrapped it around her finger gently, as if he was taking care of a child. She turned to look at him as he wrapped the cloth around her finger, his blond locks glinting in the sunlight. His handsome features somehow looked even more defined, and there was an air of maturity that almost made her think he was older than her. 

"How clumsy." He commented, tying his handkerchief in a small bow. "Don't you pay attention to what you're doing?"

"Thanks." She smiled, inspecting the bandage on her forehead. "Why do you carry bandages around?"

"For clumsy people like you." The male stated, sipping his bubble tea. "Don't you pay attention to where you're going?"

She blinked, and she was back in the present. There was a dull aching in the back of her head, causing her to put one hand upon her forehead. It felt like she was supposed to remember something, but she couldn't no matter how hard she tried. 

"Do you have a headache?" Sehun inquired, leaning closer to her. Before he could say anything more, Sooyoung appeared in front of the two with a worried expression.

"Unnie are you okay? Xiumin-sshi said you cut your finger."

"I'm fine." She smiled weakly at the female, the aching inside her head persisting. "Mr. Oh took care of me." Then she turned to Sehun and bowed with a grateful smile. "Thank you."

"Thanks Sehun." Sooyoung smiled brightly at the male before going over to help Bom stand up. "You're too kind."

"It was my pleasure." He smiled, darting a glance at Bom. Somehow the woman looked tired, and he refrained himself from offering to walk her up to her room. He stood up and bade the two females goodbye.

Soooyung waited until Sehun was out of earshot before giving Bom a sly smile.

"I see you're making your move." The younger female nudged her. "I can't blame ya. He's the definition of dreamy."

"I'm fine Sooyoung." The aching in her head slowly subsided, like a sea wave retreating back to the saltwaters. "I can assure that you can have him all to yourself."

"Oh really, Miss I-Don't-Believe-In-Love?" Sooyoung said playfully as she linked her arm around Bom's. "I saw the way you looked at him."

"What look?" Did Sooyoung saw her staring at Sehun? Did she look like she was interested in him? 

"You're blushing!" Sooyoung squealed, to which Bom hurriedly covered her cheeks and shook her head vehemently in denial. "Unnie you like him!"

"No I don't!" 

"Yes you do!"

"I do not."

"Yes you do."

-----------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter