Three

Red Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was well into the evening, and all the ladies staying in the Oh Mansion were going about their own activities. Some were staying in their room napping or doing whatever. Some were already doing the laundry. Some were milling around the ginormous building gossiping and waiting for Oh Sehun to get home from work. 

As for her? Well she was just sitting quietly in the garden enjoying the nostalgic evening air. Going back to her room seemed pointless, because she had nothing to do. 

"Hey there." She turned, and there was the woman she met this morning in the kitchen with her son in tow. She smiled politely and scooted over for the woman to sit down on the bench. "Thanks for looking after Jun. Lord knows what would have happened."

"It's no problem." She smiled at the child who held out his arms toward her. 

"I think he likes you." Sooyoung smiled, handing her son over to Bom who cradled him gently and pinched his cheeks. 

"He's so cute." Sooyoung nodded with a smile. "How old is he?"

"Three."

The child-Jun-began playing with her hair. And for one moment when she looked into the child's innocent big eyes she wished he was her own.

"Are you a single mother?" She asked to distract herself. Lord knew she would scare off the woman if she started bawling. 

"Yup. Not that I'm complaining." Sooyoung made faces at Jun and he giggled.

"If I may ask, what happened?"

"Oh same old same old." Sooyoung shrugged nonchalantly. "We tried to stay together for his sake but decided it was better for him to grow up without all the arguing." Bom nodded understandingly, and for one second she was envious of Sooyoung. The other woman at least had a chance. She at least enjoyed marriage life with her love and this beautiful child.

But Bom didn't get to experience it. Not even for one day.

"That's good. You don't want this little cutie to see his mom unhappy." Bom wiggled her nose in front of the child. Somehow she felt a strange attachment to Jun, like an overwhelming sense of protectiveness. Maybe that was just her way of compensating for what she couldn't protect once.

"Well, well, what do we have here?"

A snarky voice interrupted the two females. They looked up to see three fancily-dressed women with disdainful expressions.

"So you already got a child and now you're going for Oh Sehun? How shameless." One woman commented, looking down at Bom holding Jun. 

"Typical. She probably wants to marry him for money." Another offered.

"That'll never happened as long as I live." The woman in the middle, who was the most beautiful out of the three, stated. "I'm sure Sehun would want a woman who will only bear his child and his child only." The three of them laughed as if the whole thing was funny and walked away, throwing mocking glances over their shoulders. Bom and Sooyoung looked at each other incredulously. 

"Some people really do have too much time on their hands, huh?" Bom nonchalantly patted Jun's head. 

"Especially when they're rich. She's the daughter of the very large business conglomerate." Sooyoung gossiped. "If only her personality is as abundant as her money."

"Yeah." Bom chuckled. "By the way, Oh Sehun seems like he's very sought-after. Who exactly is he?"

The moment Bom asked that, she knew she triggered something inside Sooyoung. The woman's eyes went dreamy and she started talking like she memorized everything. 

"Oh Sehun is named the hottest bachelor by Woman's Magazine and Cosmo. He's the son of Oh Jang Suk, who's the CEO of Oh Inc." Sooyoung sounded like she was reciting facts about her favorite idol. "Sehun is a certified chaebol who's going to inherit his father's company. Not only that he's..."

Sooyoung put a hand to her chest dramatically, as if the woman needed a woman to calm her emotions. 

"Super hot." She sighed dreamily, and Bom just chuckled and shook her head. "That's why every woman in the whole country of South Korea practically jumped at this opportunity."

Rich and good-looking? Women nowadays really had high standards. Maybe it was more than that. Maybe there was more to Oh Sehun than what met the eyes. 

"So you're here to make him Junnie's daddy?" 

"Yes sir. That's why I brought him with me, you know." Sooyoung cooed at her son. "So he can get familiar with his future dad." 

"You certainly sound confident." She set Jun down, letting him wander around as they talked. "Doesn't what the other women say affect you?"

"Nope. Jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter