Six

Red Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Does this look good on me unnie?" Sooyoung asked, holding a floral dress to her body and twirling in front of the mirror. 

"It's lovely." Bom said with a smile, lifting her head up to look at the eager younger female. Then she lowered her eyes to focus on Jun once again and snapped his new diaper in place. Sooyoung glanced at the woman, and couldn't help but thought that she was born to be a mother. Bom nuzzled her nose against Jun's belly, causing the child to squeal and giggle. 

"I trust you unnie. I'll go with this one." Sooyoung smiled and took the dress with her into the bathroom. Bom lifted Jun up and carried the child on her hips. It was Sooyoung's date with Oh Sehun, and to say that the woman was excited was an understatement. She even called Bom over to her room last night just because she couldn't sleep. 

Seeing Sooyoung so enthusiastic with the prospect of love both warmed and burdened at the same time. She was reminded of herself. She was just like that once. She loved, and thought that she was loved. She was blinded by love, so much to the point that she saw everything around her with rose-colored glasses. She was filled with love, and it always showed in her smile and the way she carried herself.

"What should I wear?" She pestered her girlfriend, who was munching chips on her bed as she held up various dresses and tops to her body. 

"Wear something cute, but y." Her girlfriend commented, inspecting the pile of clothes on the bed cautiously. "You want him to know that you're quirky, but sultry at the same time."

"Hmmmm...." She debated. Just the idea of going out with him made her nervous of so many things, but it undoubtedly excited her at the same time. She felt as if she could run a thousand miles, climb Mt. Everest, or cross the Nile. She released the dress she was holding, and sighed with a serene smile. "I'm in love."

The sudden statement made her friend regard her with surprise. Bom turned back to her friend, and smiled. Then she suddenly lunged towards her friend to give the female a hug.

"Yah get off!" Her friend squealed.

"It feels so good." She closed her eyes, and let herself fall into the blissful throes of love.

But now, she was just a jaded woman who thought of love as nothing but pain and sorrow. 

The bathroom's doors opened, and she looked up to see Sooyoung all ready in the floral dress. The woman looked radiant and vivacious, how Bom used to look herself once. She shook off those thoughts, telling herself she shouldn't be thinking about such things while the female was so blissful. She was sure Sooyoung would have it better than she did; she was sure the woman would live happily ever after with the man she loved. Maybe that man was Oh Sehun. Who knew?

"I'll braid your hair." Bom offered, setting Jun down on the bed and let Sooyoung play with him as she braided Sooyoung's locks. 

"Unnie," Bom stopped what she was doing and looked at Sooyoung. "You're okay right?"

"Of course I am! What kind of question is that?" Bom laughed at the female, and resumed to braiding. 

"Nothing I just..." Sooyoung trailed off. "I'm sure you'll go on a date with him in the future too."

"No it's fine, really. I'm too old for him. If we go out in public together people will probably mistake us as siblings." Bom chuckled at the thought. "There, all done."

Sooyoung turned around, looking feminine and cute with her floral dress and braid. She handed Jun over to Bom, and watched as the woman's expression brightened at the boy. 

"It's never too late to find love unnie." Sooyoung looked straight into Bom's eyes. "We made a pact. You have to go for him too."

Bom chuckled and shook her head. At that moment a knock was heard, and. Sooyoung opened the doors to find the housekeeper on the other side. 

"Miss Sooyoung, Mr. Sehun is waiting for you in the front garden." Sooyoung nodded, and the housekeeper went away. She turned to look at Bom, and the two smiled at each other.

"Walk me out unnie." 

With Jun on her hips, she escorted an excited and nervous Sooyoung down the hall and downstairs to the front door. Somehow Bom felt as if she was the bridesmaid, and Sooyoung was the bride. The thought struck her where it hurt for one moment. They were in the front garden, and could see Sehun leaning against his car from afar. Sooyoung enthusiastically gripped Bom's hand, and she just nodded with a smile at the female to go ahead.

"I look okay right?" Sooyoung touched her clothes and her hair. "There's no food on my teeth right?" She bared her spotless teeth at an amused Bom. 

"You look gorgeous." At the comment Sooyoung exhaled in relief. Before she walked away she turned towards Bom and Jun once again. 

"You know how to take care of him right?"

"Just go." Bom urged, waving her hand to shoo the jittery woman away. Sooyoung smiled and turned to walk towards Oh Sehun. Bom and Jun watched as the two met each other, and Sehun opened the car doors for Sooyoung to get in. From afar she thought the two looked nice together, and they had that awkward air that was inevitable on first dates. She thought it was cute and nostalgic at the same time. 

"Let's wish her luck, Junnie." She smiled at the boy, waiting until the car disappear to go back inside. "Looks like you're going to have a new dad." 

The child clapped and laughed innocently at her observation, and she sincerely hoped that it was true.

----------------------------------------------

"Is it good?" Sehun asked Sooyoung, who wiped with a napkin with a shy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter