Four

Red Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was then that he started watching her. He tried to stop himself, but he found himself looking for her whenever there was a gathering inside the mansion or a competition taking place. Sehun knew he wasn't being fair to the other women, as well as not honest to his parents when he found himself staring at her. But he couldn't help it. It was like an instinct that was programmed deep inside his brain.

It was also partly due to the fact that he thought she would disappear again for good. Although he never fully acknowledged that uncertainty, it still urged him to turn and look for her face amidst the crowd. 

What was he doing? He agreed to this setup with the sole intention of moving on, yet he was already going back on his words. The appearance of the female knocked his world off its axis, but at the same time her presence was what keeping it intact. He hated how soft he was when it came to her, and he hated her for showing up from nowhere to disrupt his life.

But of course, he could never hated her.

"You like bubble tea that much?" She asked him incredulously as she sipped her own coffee. He just nodded, not wanting to speak and made a fool of himself in front of her. She chuckled; the sound was enough to send him into overdrive.

"Well it's been swell running into ya." She said humorously. "Be there on time for the wedding next week!" She handed him the invitation and smiled before she walked away.

He watched as the woman was farther and farther away. She had that glow on her face, and that radiance that told everyone else how happy she was. He stared at the simple yet elegant invitation, willing himself to smile but couldn't. 

He discarded the memory, and finished dressing himself in a shirt and casual jeans. He looked at his watch, and went downstairs into the back garden where another competition was taking place.

A new resolve was planted inside his heart, and it was to pretend like he didn't know who she was.

Meanwhile, Bom was joined by a chirpy Sooyoung in the spacious back garden where a contest was happening.

"Where's Jun?" She questioned the younger female.

"He's sleeping. I made sure he's safe." Sooyoung replied. "By the way, what is the contest about?"

"I don't know either. The man just told me to freshen myself and come down here." They both turned to look at all the ladies gathered in the back yard. There was the snobby woman with her friends laughing pretentiously over something. 

"Reminds me of a bunch of hyenas." Sooyoung commented, and Bom chuckled. A few minutes later, Oh Sehun's father-Oh Jang Suk-appeared in front of the fountain in the back. Everybody looked at him, including Bom and Sooyoung.

"Good afternoon ladies." He smiled politely at the women, amidst the chatter of the ladies standing around. "In a few minutes, another contest will take place. This is the last contest before the big game of the week, so winning this would give you an advantage towards claiming a surprise prize at the end of the week." He said the last part in a suggestive tone, to which the ladies responded with excitement. Even Bom herself wondered what the prize was. "Also, the winner of this contest gets a little something special, so make sure to try your best!"

Suddenly, the man snapped his fingers, and the workers of the mansion started bringing out buckets full of clothes-dirty clothes-and round containers of soap water to place in the yard. The ladies whispered among themselves, and some groaned as the workers began hanging up clothes lines in different spots of the yard.

"This is a team contest, so please pair up with another person. Please make sure there are only two per team." The women looked at each other and they began pairing up with the people they knew. Sooyoung clung to Bom's arm and looked up at her with puppy eyes.

"Fine." She whispered to the other female and laughed lightly.

"It's very simple." The man motioned to the buckets and containers. "Each team has to wash these dirty clothes with the container of water. And after a team finishes washing they have to hang all the clothes up on the clothes line. The team that finishes first wins."

Then he started directing the teams into different areas, so th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter