Neo

Procrastination

 

Neo

Walking into the dorm Wonshik is distraught to find Hakyeon blubbering in front of the computer screen. The leader is curled up on the couch and sniffling as he glares at the dimly lit screen. Ravi rushes over to see what has upset Hakyeon so much. He asks what’s wrong and Hakyeon gestures to the screen.

“There’s so many!” N wails,

Wonshik furrows his brow and looks at the computer screen. The website has a green band across the header and he appears to be looking at a search list. The words Neo Fanfiction stand out to him and his frown deepens.

“Why, Ravi? Why do they ship,” N spat the word out, “Him and I so much”

Wonshik is dumbfounded at N’s latest outburst, he doesn’t know what to say or even how to react. Leo happens to choose that moment to stalk past on his way to the kitchen and Wonshik sends him a look of despair which Taekwoon promptly ignores, refusing to go anywhere near a howling Hakyeon.

“I love Leo, I do.” Hakyeon’s eyes are peering up at Ravi woefully, “But it’s not the same as how I feel for you. You know that, right? I love you.”

Wonshik flops down beside Hakyeon, pulling the laptop out of his hands and crushing him into a hug. “Of course I know. I know Leo is only your friend, he’s my friend too.” Wonshik pulls back and smiles wryly at N, “And you’re not the only person who gets paired with him.”

Ravi types the word Wontaek into the search bar bringing up a number of stories.

“That’s small compared to th-the Neo!” N’s words finished in another sob,

“I think you’re getting a bit worked up over this.” Wonshik says while rubbing a hand up and down N’s back,

“But our fans can’t see us together! Do you know how awful that sounds? They think I’m deeply in love with Taekwoon . . . They think I don’t care about you.”

“But they do see us together.”

Ravi brings up the page of Navi stories, not quite the same number as Neo but still a very impressive amount.

“And I think there is someone they ship him with more than you.”

N stares at Ravi through his teary eyelashes and Ravi searches for another pairing, Keo. The greatest number of stories so far pops up and N’s mouth hangs agape.

“See? Leo is just a popular choice.” Wonshik chuckles, “And I don’t care how the fans pair us, because I know I’ve got you.”

 N nods but buries his face into Ravi’s shoulder, still disheartened at his findings.

“Why were you even searching for this anyway?”

N blushes and is thankful his face is hidden, “I was bored and was looking online at stuff fans had posted. Someone had a Navi appreciation post. It was so adorable that someone would do that and it linked me to this website, to a story; it was so cute so I wanted to read more.” Hakyeon face grows increasingly hot and his words fumble, “I even found a . . . dirty story.” N shifts uncomfortably in his seat thinking again about all those provocative words, “And I wanted to read more but all these Neo stories kept popping up.”

“You were actually reading our fan fiction?”

Hakyeon wouldn’t reply.

“Can you show me?”

“No, it’s embarrassing.”

“It’ll be cute,”

“No,” N freaks at his words, pulling back from Wonshik’s chest, “It’s not cute. It shouldn’t have affected me like that, I shouldn’t have liked it so much and,” He emphasises, “They all seem to know, that you, you know and I . . . receive.”

Ravi’s eyes widen at N’s finding and he smirks, “See? I think the fans understand our relationship very well.”

“Screw you,”

Wonshik chuckles at the harsh words and the pout, “No thanks, did we not just confirm I’d rather screw you.”

Hakyeon swats at Wonshik, thanking his stupidity for taking his mind off all the uncertainty and misplaced guilt.

“You know what will stop you over-thinking the Neo,” Ravi leans closer so he can whisper seductively into Hakyeon’s ear, and he gestures to the kitchen where Jaehwan has just appeared, clutching onto Leo’s arm, coaxing a reaction out of his quiet bandmate, “Shipping Keo.”

 

 

 

Word Count: 721

A/N: I had to, I'm sorry Neo shippers (What are you even doing here?)

I have successfully made Navi my sister’s OTP of VIXX. ;)

She has been making a cutsie VIXX cartoon and I said she should make a Navi one, she joked about doing one with N reacting to all the Neo and crying over the lack of Navi . . . So ta-da!

(I.e. The idea wasn’t mine and if she ever makes this I will give y’all a link.)

-Scimitar :)