A Baker's Dozen

Procrastination

I’m an awful person who can never follow my own goals.

In other words, I’m still alive and haven’t given up on my stories. I’m just still as lazy as before, though now I have moved for Uni and I am starting to settle in . . . I think.

Anyway because I saw this chapter’s inspiration and all the gifs from One Fine Day (which very nearly killed me) I just had to write something and it was going to be a Valentine’s special for you guys but I’m busy all tomorrow so you get it early.

-Scimitar :3

Mild warning of suggestive words and implied scenarios.

Inspired by this: http://iship-usdarling.tumblr.com/post/88778613311/1-i-want-to-rent-hotel-rooms-with-you-and-spend

A Baker’s Dozen

 ‘I Want To Bore With You With My Favourite Shows And Movies Even Though You Insist It Is Okay.’

Hakyeon smiled, watching Wonshik’s lips move but only hearing half the words. He was just happy to see him there, laughing as he spoke of characters and plots that meant little to Hakyeon, but he tried to show interest because he liked Wonshik and hoped to one day know him more.

On the other hand Wonshik knew he was probably boring Hakyeon but the older of the two still smiled as Wonshik talked on and on, and even though he was supposed to be impressing Hakyeon he couldn’t help but gush about stupid things because Hakyeon brought out that sort of familiar aura.

So he prayed that they would have more these conversations, even if Hakyeon just sat there smiling politely while Wonshik repeated the same things about his favourite show.

 

‘ I Want To Play Video Games With You And Sulk When I Lose.’

The round ended and Wonshik pouted, not believing he lost to Hakyeon. He harrumphed, dropping the controller and crossing his arms.

Hakyeon laughed at Wonshik’s saddened appearance, his pursed lips and drawn eyebrows, and gave him a playful elbow to the ribs. Wonshik could only smile back at him, more determined when he heard the challenge, go again? from Hakyeon’s lips and he picked up his abandoned controller and hit replay.

When he met Hakyeon he did not think the other would be a match for him, at his favourite game none-the-less, but after weeks of learning all he could about the man he knew Hakyeon was full of surprises and it intrigued him so that he still needed to know more.

 

‘I Want To Get Lost While We’re Driving Because I Can’t Read Maps And You Are Too Stubborn To Ask For Directions.’

“Just admit it, you don’t know where we are,” Hakyeon whined while turning left, again.

“We are . . .” Wonshik ran his finger over his phone again, still not finding their current location.

“. . . Lost, because you can’t read a map.” Hakyeon finished.

Wonshik turned to Hakyeon, face serious and he knew Hakyeon could see him from the edge of his vision, eyes still on the road. “Well if you’re so worried lets pull over and ask for directions.”

“...”

“That’s what I thought.”

Hakyeon could only groan to himself, both of them too stubborn for their own good and he pulled over at the first safe spot he could. Hand outstretched he asked for Wonshik’s phone and hesitantly the younger handed it over.

“We could have avoided this if you just told me know where we were going in the first place,” Hakyeon said pointedly while searching for street names, a destination now in mind.

Wonshik replied quietly, “I know but I wanted to make it special, a surprise for you.”

There was silence in the car while Hakyeon studied the small map and finally, with their location pinpointed, Hakyeon handed back the phone. He looked at Wonshik’s crestfallen face, “You know, this is kind of special. I have never been lost on all these back streets before.”

Wonshik chuckled at Hakyeon’s epiphany, turning to him and smiling, “We’ll I’ve never navigated before.”

“I could tell,” Hakyeon laughed, leaning over the centre console to press a quick kiss to Wonshik’s lips, “So how about next time we leave it to me.”

 

 ‘I Want To Rent Hotel Rooms With You And Spend More Than Half Our Time Being Outside.’

Wonshik stepped into the room and could only look in awe at the expensive furniture, his eyes specifically glazing over the king-sized bed off to the side. Before he could even think of making plans involving it a hand tugged at his arm, getting him to drop his suitcase before dragging him from the room. Hakyeon was chattering away, sprouting endless words of how they shouldn’t waste their time in the hotel when they have a whole city to explore and Wonshik was happy with that. All that mattered to him was the fact that he was spending more time Hakyeon, it was his idea to take him here anyway.

So Wonshik followed him outside and the two walked the whole city twice before slipping back into their room, exhausted they quickly slid into the bed at the late hour of the night, already with plans to spend the next day much the same.

 

‘I Want To Go On Long Adventures With You.’

Hakyeon wanted to regret it, to complain to Wonshik for taking them so far away for their vacation. All he wanted was to spend time with him at home, making the most of the time they were both able to get off work. But somehow, after hours of driving the country and having many broken conversations with people in a strange city Hakyeon decided he had the time of his life and couldn’t wait to do it again.

Most importantly it was time spent with Wonshik, nearly every minute of every day they were away was spent by his side and somehow Hakyeon wasn’t sick of him yet. So right before the trip back home, when Wonshik suggested they take the next step, Hakyeon didn’t feel nervous. He was surprised and excited and ready to start the next stage of his life with Wonshik.

 

 ‘I Want To Eat Drive-Thru Food With You On The Floor Of Our First Apartment.’

Wonshik nudged his shoulder into Hakyeon’s. They were both lying on their stomachs on the wooden floor of their lounge, the furniture not due to arrive until sometime later that week. A paper bag sat in front of them, ripped open so the greasy food within sat on show, though it was already mostly devoured. Hakyeon looked at the younger male, stuffing another chip in his mouth and speaking muffled through the food, “So what do you think?”

Hakyeon wasn’t sure if he meant it about the townhouse, them finally moving in together or even the food but the answer was the same. “It’s perfect.” He said honestly looking over the empty space and imagining them building a life in it together.

The spacious lounge so Hakyeon could dance, the study off to the side so Wonshik could dabble in his music at home, a kitchen for them to tackle home cooking together, a bathroom with a tub big enough for two and even a spare room for friends or maybe even someone else, someone much smaller to stay in, in the far off future.

Each time he imagined it another bubbling of joy filled him and unable to control himself Hakyeon pounced over and half onto Wonshik. “I mean it, I love it.” He spoke into Wonshik’s ear, lip brushing the shell while his arms crushed him into a hug.

With much effort Wonshik was able to squirm in Hakyeon’s arms until he was on his back with Hakyeon on his stomach, their arms wrapped around the other. “You mean it? The backyard is big enough? It's close enough to the city?”

Hakyeon nodded to every question, “You. Did. Good.” He separated each word with a kiss on either of Wonshik’s cheek before finishing on his lips. He could feel Wonshik smile into the action before kissing back, harder and soon Hakyeon yelped in surprise when he was swept up and into Wonshik’s arms.

“Let’s christen the bedroom then.” Wonshik whispered knocking the door open,

Hakyeon laughed, “I don’t think it can be called bedroom yet,” But didn’t protest as he was dumped onto the mattress and assortment of blankets they had set on the floor.

 

‘I Want To Get Drunk In Public And Have You Take Me Home While I Hit On You.’

Wonshik tightened his arm around Hakyeon’s waist, steadying him as he leant more than half his weight into the younger. He still wobbled as he walked, Hakyeon’s legs disobeying him as the signals sent from his intoxicated mind went astray.

This didn’t stop him from whispering risqué words into Wonshik’s ear or from exclaiming them loudly to others on the street. Somehow the blush in his cheeks didn’t bother him and Wonshik was proud to be carrying the embarrassing Hakyeon home, because every once in a while between his cheesy pick-up lines and suggestive hints Hakyeon would declare to the world that Wonshik was his and he’d fight anyone who’d try to take him away. Though by the time they made it back to their home Wonshik’s was a bit tired of hearing how y his legs were.

 

 ‘I Want To Go To The Movies And Make Out With You In The Back Like A Couple Of Over Excited Teenagers.’

The sound of the movie was slowly drowned out but the increasing thump of his heart. Hakyeon’s hands tightened onto Wonshik when he felt a hand run up his thigh, the armrest between their seats already pushed aside so they could press closer.

The dark corner of the cinema did it’s best to hide them from the others around while their lips locked. Wonshik had a hand caressing Hakyeon’s soft cheek while the other brushed the inside of his leg, drifting a bit too high for the crowded theatre.

It was like when they had first kissed all over again, all the excitement and nervousness back again and Wonshik remembered the way Hakyeon brought butterflies to his stomach and it was then that he realised that he would do whatever to keep Hakyeon by his side.

 

‘I Want To Lay With You Under The Stars And Talk About The Future Like I’ve Got It All Planned.’

The cold from the ground beneath them seeped up through the thick blanket but neither payed attention to it, both snug as they looked up at the sky, their bruhing sides providing all the needed warmth.

Hakyeon twirled the ring on his finger again, smile gracing his features as he thought of the one sitting, matching on Wonshik’s hand. Soon, he thought, but there was so much to plan and he was freaking out just a little on the inside. Wonshik was listing all the details, already ahead of the planning like he’d been thinking about it for months. Which he probably had, it was only that he had finally asked Hakyeon last night and the older of the two was still too caught up on the idea to focus on anything. So he was glad one of them had it all planned out and just looked up at the stars.

The trip out the country to see them better together was Hakyeon’s present back to Wonshik, but Wonshik was too enrapt in the joy that had been plastered on Hakyeon’s featured for the past twenty-four hours to focus and the lights in the sky, dim compared to the bright smile on Hakyeon.

 

‘I Want To Break In Your Arms Once In A While Because I Don’t Have It All Planned.’

Hakyeon ran his hand down Wonshik’s back, tears forming in his own eyes as he consoled the trembling younger.

“We can’t do it,” Wonshik whispered into Hakyeon’s chest, “I should’ve known.”

Hakyeon hushed him, holding him just a little bit closer as his own doubts filled his head. But he quickly pushed them away. It was a month until their big day and Wonshik had finally heard back from his parents, stating they’re unsure whether they could make it. And it hurt them both, even though Wonshik had warned him of their hesitance about his relationship status.

“They’ll warm up to it, just give them a bit more time,” Hakyeon assured him, “It’s not like they said they weren’t coming.”

Wonshik sniffled, he knew when he first told them who he was dating they weren’t pleased but he hoped over the years they would’ve been ready to accept Hakyeon. He honestly didn’t care if they hated him but Hakyeon deserved better, he deserved acceptance.

“But what if they don’t?”

“Then my family is big enough to fill their spot too.” Hakyeon said solemnly, resting his chin onto Wonshik’s head,

“You deserve better,” Wonshik twisted his hands tighter into Hakyeon’s shirt, thinking again of his old work and how it fell apart after he spread the news of his engagement to Hakyeon, “You deserve someone who has it all sorted, who isn’t a failure and who has people who accept you for all of you.”

“No,” Hakyeon pressed a kiss to the top of Wonshik’s head, “I deserve who ever I love and who loves me back, who doesn’t give up even if life tries to push them down.” And in the silence that followed he felt Wonshik relax in his arms, thankful for Hakyeon’s endless support.

 

‘I Want To Paint You In My Poems.’

He was surprised when he walked in to find Hakyeon sitting at his desk, his heart rate increased as he recognised the notebook in Hakyeon’s hands, the words scribbled across each page a mess in many ways. The words he’d written; the poems, the rhymes, the raps, all about Hakyeon. His heart bear on the page and Hakyeon was reading it all, the good, the bad and the awful. Sappy drabbles, intricate sonnets or an attempt at his vows, most never to see the light of day and some specifically for the heat of the night.

Wonshik’s face grew red as he watched from the doorway. He was unable to move, to retreat, run and hide or walk forward and snatch the notebook away.

He must have made a sound because Hakyeon turned his way, face a blank slate and Wonshik’s insides twisted. “I thought you were in here working,” He said, gesturing to the screen of unfinished songs, finally able to work on his passion Wonshik had been blasting out lyrics and melodies.

“I went to get a drink,”

There was silence between them and Hakyeon seemed as unsure as what to say as Wonshik, the latter’s face still pink.

“They’re beautiful,” Hakyeon finally spoke, looking down at the book in his hands,

Wonshik shook his head, “They’re a mess,”

“But still amazing. How come you don’t use these?”

Wonshik choked as he thought about licensing some of those, “They’re . . . private.”

“Was this me?” Hakyeon asked and Wonshik cocked his head, “The one in these?”

Hakyeon held a page open and Wonshik saw some of his scribbles dating back to when they had first gotten together, though Hakyeon wouldn’t have known that. It was a rap series he barely remembered but as he reread the lines he remembered why he wrote it. Hakyeon had mesmerised him, charmed him in body and mind and all he could do was voice his needs and wants into words in a notebook, describing the beauty that had captured his heart.

Wonshik nodded and Hakyeon blushed, rapt by the beautiful words about him. “Thank you.”

 

‘I Want To Dance With You.’

The slow beat was a complete contrast to the usual music that blasted through the lounge and Wonshik was tempted to venture out from his study to see what Hakyeon was doing. He tried focusing back onto his work, his current song pestering him as the rhythm sat at the back of his head just out of reach, but the waltzing tune from outside kept washing any progress away.

Before he had time to complain a knock sounded on his door and Hakyeon let himself in, the music growing louder as the door swung open wide. “Dance with me,” Hakyeon said, eyes sparkling and Wonshik couldn’t resist, too long having seen or joined Hakyeon in the lounge, opting to leave his work unfinished.

Hakyeon set them in the middle of the lounge, the slow beat still resounding though the room. He placed one of Wonshik’s hands on his back, just below his shoulder, and placed his on top Wonshik’s shoulder, linking their other hands together. Slowly Hakyeon got them moving, stepping carefully together as they worked on steps they hadn’t danced in a long time.

“Why a waltz?”

“I want it to be perfect for the big day,” Hakyeon said matter-of-factly, “Because we are having the first dance.”

Wonshik smirked at his lover’s need for tradition, though for the most part they were anything but. “Traditional huh? What does that mean for that night?”

Hakyeon smirked back without saying another word, focusing instead on the steps and swaying them on for the rest of the night.

 

‘I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You, Knowing There’s No Place Else I’d Rather Be.’

The kiss was sweet and the cheers from their friends and family brought a bright smile to both their faces, Hakyeon's eyes becoming crescents and little wrinkles forming at the corner of Wonshik’s. They turned to look out at the crowd and it hit them, this was real. Wonshik found himself breathless as he saw his family smiling up from the front row and Hakyeon grabbed his hand, squeezing just a little too hard.

~~~

That night it was Hakyeon who was breathless, Wonshik filling Hakyeon’s silence as he spoke quiet words into the damp, tanned skin of his neck, his lips occasionally brushing the saline skin. “Do you remember what I said when I first confessed?” He ran his fingers through the sweaty strands of hair on Hakyeon’s forehead, the hearty whine drawn from Hakyeon’s throat his only response. “Because it is still true, if not more so today,” His hands ran down Hakyeon’s side and braced against his hips, steadying, so he could press in deeper, the move accompanied by another deep moan from Hakyeon.

“I will spend the rest of my life with you, because there’s no place else I could ever be.”

 

 

Word Count: 2,971