The Return

The Infinite Heirs

Sungyeol yawned and stretched in his seat. He could never stand being strapped into a seat no matter how short the trip is. The cushioned seat in 1st class was not helping him at all. In an attempt to distract himself from the discomfort,he thought back to when was the last time he has returned to Korea. Both Sungyeol and his brother, Sungjong has stayed in Japan for the past 3 years. While the official cover story that was released to the press was that the brothers went sent overseas for studies and more exposure to "foreign culture", the main purpose was them to learn the operations of their family's enterprises' Japan branch. So while attending school in Japan, Sungyeol has been running the Sung enterprise's Japan branch as its CEO. Now it is time for them to return to Korea and also the Sung enterprise's HQ in Seoul.

Sungyeol knew that this day would come but this doesn't make him miss the friends he has made in Japan any less. He has grown a lot over the past 3 years and has longed for his hometown all the while. The conflicted feelings he had about his return to Korea is starting to give him a headache.

"All passengers, please return to your seats and fasten your seat belts, keep your tray tables and raise the window shades. We will be making our descent soon. We are expect to land in Incheon International Airport in 30 mins time."

"It's time to wake Sungjong up" Sungyeol thought. Unlike his brother, Sungjong loved planes rides and he love to watch the landing of the planes. Knowing that Sungyeol could never really rest on flights, he had requested, before he fell asleep, that Sungyeol wake him up when the plane was going to prepare to land.

"Sungjong, wake up! We are going to land soon!"

Sungjong stirred and rubbed his eyes, trying to clear sleep out of them. He looked just like a kitten waking up from a nap. 'My brother is so cute!!!' thought Sungyeol. 

"Hyung, did you manage to at least get some rest just now?" Sungyeol looked at Sungjong with sad puppy eyes and shoke his head.

"Don't worry Hyung! We will be home soon and you can take a good rest then." Sungjong said and then settled down to watch the descent of the plane.

Finally, after 3 years overseas, the Sung brothers are finally back in Korea.

The news of the heirs to the Sung Enterprise returning to Korea created quite a stir and a crowd of reporters were gathered at the arrival hall awaiting their exit. Sungyeol walked out the arrival hall, only to be assaulted a sea of camera flashes. Worried about Sungjong being separated from him, Sungyeol slowed down and waited for Sungjong to fall into step with him before walking out of the airport and into the awaiting car sent for them.

"Those reports are so annoying!", complained Sungjong. Sungyeol nodded in agreement and gave a sign to the driver to start driving. He can't wait to be home, the home he grew up in.

 

Sorry for the wait! First chapter is out. Let me know your comments okay? New writer here so pls be nice!