8.

Aphasia
AyaXiumin

8.

11:21pm

"Alii, remember that guy that I mentioned last week or so? Minseok?" Her head turns away from the window to the sound of my voice.

"Yeah, well we had a conversation today. It was nice." Alii jumps off of the ledge and the sounds of her paws pattering against the hardwood floor get louder as she gets closer the bed. In one smooth movement, she hops onto the bed, runs across my legs, onto her favorite, hickory-colored pillow.

"He loves coffee. He wants to become a barista and hopefully run his own café. But he can't now because he's an idol. But it's strange, I don't get the superstar vibes from him," I ponder for a moment.

He seemed pretty down to earth and normal...

Meow.

"Sorry. So yeah, since I told him about Grandpa's barista's skills, he asked Grandpa to teach him. Now Minseok's going to be at the café on Sundays as his apprentice. I guess I'll see him more often."

Alii sofly purrs and yawn in response. Her eyes begin to droop and her body snuggles deeper into the cushion of the pillow.

"Night Alii..."

I should sleep too. My appointment with Dr. Choi tomorrow is.... When is it again?

I reach over to my nightstand to pick up my phone and proceed to check the calendar.

9:30am.

Ooh early. Ugh.

I set my phone back down and flip the switch to the lamp, leaving myself in the dark. I recline back onto the bed and turn to my side and secure the blanket around me. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

"Mom, I really have to pee."

My face contoured into a scowl as the tulle extensions of my ivory dress scratched against my legs. My hand swiped at the fabric and moved them away from myself. My body wriggled under the restraints of my seat belt as I felt my bladder expand every second.

"Aya dear, you're going to have to hold it. Why didn't you go earlier when we were at the charity ball."

"I didn't have to go then. But I have to now," I whined wriggling in the backseat of my parent's mini SUV.

"Aya Lyn, there are no rest stops or gas stations here. You're ten; a big girl. You can hold it."

"But Daddy, I really have to go."

"Honey," my father turned to my mother. "Maybe she can pee on the side of the roads. We're driving past farms anyways. Aya's helping them fertilize it," he chuckled.

"Pleaaassee?"

"Dear, it doesn't work that way and anyways its pitch dark outside. I don't want to risk it," my mother retorted.

A loud groan escaped my lips.

"Hear her? Next thing you know, her dress is ruined and so is the back seat. And both of us know, we don't want to be the ones cleaning it up."

"Fine, Aya be quick, okay? I don't like how dark it is."

My father maneuvered the car to the side of the road and parked.

"Come on Aya," my mother instructed as she opened the car door.

I pushed the door open and jumped down unto the gravel. My mini heels clicked against the rocks as I sprinted towards the grass.

"Aya! Don't run to far. I have to see you."

"I'm not!"

As I got a safe distance away from Mom, I turned my back to her. I lifted the ends of my dress, pulled down my stockings, and proceed to pee. I sigh of relief escaped from my lips.

"Aya, where are you? Are you done?"

"Noo! I'm almost done. You can sit in the car. I can do this," I yelled back. Once I finished, I stood up, fixed my clothes and noticed a green stain on the bottom of the dress.

Mom's gonna kill me. Ugh

Snapping me out of my thoughts was the sound of breaks screeching. My head whipped around to face the sound. A large eighteen wheeler truck came into view, swerving to my parents.

"Mom, Daddy," I yelled and began to sprint towards the car. Mom opened the car door and her face came into view.

"Aya!"

An ear-piercing sound erupted as the two vehicles came into contact.

Everything went into slow motion.

The truck rear ended the SUV and dragged it halfway down the road. My feet stopped as I saw my mother head moved back against the headrest and forward onto the dashboard. Moments later, both vehicles came to a stop.

"Mom!"

"Daddy!"

My feet broke into a sprint towards my parent's car. The trunk was molded together with the engine of the truck. The windows of the SUV cracked and the windshield completely shattered. As I got closer, the passenger's door remained open. My mother's arm came into view, dangling alongside her, with her blood streaming down, creating their own paths towards her fingers.

"Mom... Mommy?" I called out.

No response.

"MOM!"

"MOMMY!"

I shook her shoulder and her body slumped forward against the deployed airbags. A gasp escaped my lips.

No... no... nooo....

I looked over to the driver's seat.

Daddy.

"DADDY!"

"DADDY, WHERE ARE YOU!"

At the corner of my eye, a body is laid out on the road, a few feet in front of the car. I ran in closer but stopped once I saw a pool of blood emerge from the left of him. My legs buckled and I collapsed onto the ground. My chest began to heave as tears swelled in my eyes.

"DADDY NOOOOOO," I screamed.

Help.... I need to get help...

I slowly rose and cautiously walked towards the driver's side of the truck.

"Excuse me! I need help! My parents are hurt! We need to get help!"

Silence.

"Hello? HELLO?"

Silence.

"Help! We need to get help! Please say something!"

Silence.

Behind the truck, a pair of headlights came into view, towards me. I jumped in front of its path and began to wave my hands.

"HEL-lp!" My voice cracked.

"I NEED HELP."

The headlights came closer, blinding me. My hands covered my eyes as I felt something hit me.

My body jerks up from the bed. Alii jumps up and her eyes peer at me. Sweat streams down from my forehead. I close my eyes and release a sigh. I wipe my forehead. Alli walks off of her pillow, onto my lap and curls against my legs. She purrs into the blanket.

"Sorry," I mutter.

It all was my fault. They didn't deserve to die like that. If I just kept quiet...


Author's Note:

So yeah. That happened. Well tell me what you think and stuff.

Don't forget to comment, subscribe, share ,upvote, uurythang lol. Thanks for reading.