2.

Aphasia
AyaXiumin

2. 

It is about three o'clock, usually the time where the coffee shop is slowing down from the lunch rush. Overall, I can tell it is that time, without looking at the clock. When I look around the shop, I see Hyun wiping the same four tables over and over before he gives up and goes behind the counter and steals a brownie as if no one is looking.

Won is as always somewhere near a mirror fixing his hair or uniform before taking a good amount of selcas to post on one of his social networking sites. He tried to get me to take a picture with him as his "selca with a special person of the month" several times until I gave up one day and let him take a picture of us.

After that picture was posted, his fans thought he was such a worldly, international person, who has been everywhere because he took a picture with a black person. Little do they know, he's never been out of Korea. He has a "slight, unnoticeable" fear of airplanes. He "could go on them whenever he wants but not anytime soon." But his actions say otherwise. Won starts to speak slower and scratch his elbow when he talks or overhears someone talking about airplanes. Oh Won, you can't fool me.

"Dear, did you happen to see my glasses? I thought I put them here next to the register, but they are not there," Grandpa yells towards the kitchen from behind the counter.

"No, I didn't. Are you sure they are not there?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. "

"Did you search there well?"

"Yes, that's why I am asking you dear." Grandma steps out of the kitchen with her flour speckled, lilac apron, wrapped around her waist and her flour covered hands, resting on her hips.

"How can you look there if you can't see without your glasses?"

"I can see a little bit. Anyways I felt around and I didn't feel it."

"Did you go anywhere else?"

"I didn't go anywhere else except here and the kitchen."

"Wait, is it in your back pocket?"

"Why would it be- ohhh. Found them," Grandpa smiles while putting his glasses on. He adjusts the frames firmly at this face and focuses on his wife.

"Oh thank you my love. My, you look even prettier with these glasses on," Grandpa compliments as he winks at Grandma.

"Oh you old man, stop it. He thinks those compliments work...," Grandma trails off as she turns away to walk back into the kitchen.

"Oh they are so adorable." I chuckle to myself.

Sitting at my favorite table, which is nested near the window on the right side of the coffee shop, I spend these down times, sipping a special spiced Chai tea that Grandpa only makes for me. He would tell me that when my parents dropped me off at their house when they went to work, I would cry for hours and that this tea was the only thing that could keep me calm and quiet.

As I look around the shop, I can see that there are still two or three customers idling around and one of them is the guy who stared at me this morning.

He's been here for quite some time. But he seems pretty content, sitting there, drinking this third coffee... Third coffee? He must drink a lot..

I observe him as he flips his phone over on the table and it lights up. He picks up his phone, swipes on it once and puts it against his ear. He goes on, talking to whoever is on the line, for about twenty minutes before he hangs up and walks out of the coffee shop.

"So, I see someone's being a creeper," Won says, pulling out a chair next to me. I give him a blank look.

"Don't give me that face. I saw you staring at that customer over there. I think it's the same one you served this morning. Does Aya finally have someone on her radar?" Won teases as he nudges me on my elbow. I give him another look before I pull out my notepad and sharpie.

"1. I was not being a creeper. I was simply people watching. You know, people do that sometimes, instead of staring at themselves in the mirror, and

2. I don't have anyone on my radar."

"Hey, hey, hey, there are mirrors everywhere. How could I resist and not look at myself. And two, you weren't people watching, you were watching a person, huh. You can't fool me, Aya."

"I'm not fooling anyone... You're just thinking too much into this. I wasn't singling him out or anything like that... anyways don't we have work to do?"  I rise from the table and before I walk away, I jokingly stick my tongue at Won.


Author's Note:

This one is a little shorter, but I hope you liked it!

Comment. Subscribe. Thanks a lot! :3