15.

Aphasia
AyaXiumin

15.

My both of my hands reach for the knobs, marked with a 'H' and ‘C’, respectively, before I proceed to turn them. Water streams out of the faucet onto my hands and the soapy plates. I pick up the sponge and start scrubbing at the dried frosting on one of the plates.

Maybe we could do a radio ad…. or a commercial?

I pause; my hand stops scrubbing and I stare at the pale tanned wall in front of me, in thought.

A commercial?

Really, Aya? We barely have enough to keep this place running.

I slowly exhale and shake my head, as if I could shake the thought out of my head. I continue scrubbing at the plate. I rinse off the remaining plates and place them on the drying rack.

“Aya!”

Grandpa’s voice.

I hastily place the utensils down in the foamy sink, causing water and soap spuds to splash onto my face.

“Aya, someone’s here for you.”

Wiping off whatever wet spots that I could feel from my face, I turn from the sink and wipe my hands upon my apron as I walk past the black curtains. I look over to Grandpa and he points to the sweaty back of a guy, who is wearing a ginger tank top.

I know it’s almost April, but it’s not that warm…

He turns around and instantly smiles at me.

Minseok.

His cheeks are flushed, damp hair matted to his forehead, and sweat causing his face to glow.

He…looks good...

Woah! Stop Aya.

“You... you have soap on your forehead,” Minseok points and chuckles.

My hand reaches to get it, but he stops me. His hand flies to my forehead and I feel his thumb swipe against my skin. My face grows hot and I quickly take a step back and wipe my forehead again.

Chill…

“I didn’t want to disturb you. I just wanted to leave this with Grandpa, but he insisted for me to hand it to you myself.”

A confused look covers my face. I glance over at Grandpa, who has a knowing smile on his face. He chuckles to himself and winks at me before disappearing into the kitchen.

Hmm?

Minseok raises his right hand, with a small white envelope, lying in the middle of it. I pick up the envelope and steal a look at Minseok, before peeking inside.

A ticket and VIP pass.

I pull out my notepad and pencil from my apron pocket.

“What is this?”

“Well… I want to invite you to your first EXO concert. It’s tomorrow night. I wanted to give this to you sooner, but I got caught up in all of the preparations,” he expresses, scratching the back of his neck.

…is he nervous?

I bite my lip and look down at my notepad before looking at him. His doe-like eyes stare into mine, suddenly making me feel anxious.

…am I nervous?

“It’s totally fine if you already have plans.”

No, I don’t. I would love to go.”

“Great!” Minseok pauses for a moment, rubbing the back of his neck, before releasing a loud cough.

“Ummm... Well I have to go before anyone noticed that I was gone.” I gradually nod in response, carefully trying to recall what just happened.  

I smile and wave as he walks out of the café.

“You and wallet boy definitely have something going on,” Hyun says as he walks up from a nearby table.

 

Do we?

 


Author's Note:

I got excited and updated again....heh

Don't forget to comment and upvote!

Umph.