September 2014

Perfectly Imperfect - indefinite hiatus

Ring.

Jongin groaned into the crook of Kyungsoo’s neck, warm breath ghosting over sensitive skin. “Ignore it,” he ordered.

“You don’t have to tell me twice,” Kyungsoo muttered, rolling over so he could snuggle closer to his boyfriend.

It was six o’clock on a Saturday – one of the firsts they had had off together in a long time – and they planned to spend as much time as they could in bed.

The phone stopped ringing and Kyungsoo burrowed under the blankets, ready to get back to sleep.

Ring ring.

“Christ almighty,” Jongin groaned, rolling onto his back and throwing his arms out in exasperation. “Who calls this early? On a Saturday?”

“It must be important,” Kyungsoo yawned, climbing over Jongin’s prostrate form to unplug his phone from the charger. He saw on the caller ID that it was Baekhyun. He cleared the sleep from his throat and answered. “Hello? Baek?”

“Oh good, you’re up,” Baekhyun said cheerfully.

Kyungsoo groaned, checking the time. “It’s six o’clock. You had better have a good reason for calling this early, Byun Baekhyun.”

“On a Saturday!” Jongin called loudly.

“Of course I have a good reason,” Baekhyun said arrogantly. “Mine and Chanyeol’s second anniversary is coming up.”

Kyungoo could hardly believe the words he was hearing. “You seriously woke me up at six o’clock on my day off to tell me that your anniversary is coming up? That’s it. We’re no longer friends. Goodbye.”

“And good riddance!” Jongin called.

“Okay, okay. I get that it’s early,” Baekhyun said, finally sounding a little apologetic. “But I have a proposition for you and I’m really excited about it.”

Kyungsoo was tempted to hang up the phone, but he was curious as to what Baekhyun’s ‘proposition’ was. “If you’re inviting me to a with the two of you, count me out.”

“No offense, Kyunggie, but ew,” Baekhyun said. “No, I’m surprising Chanyeol with a weekend trip to Jeju. The flight’s not that long, and it’s honestly not all that expensive, either. So I’m booking a few rooms at this resort on the beach.”

“A few rooms?” Kyungsoo repeated, his interest piqued. “Why do you need a few rooms for just the two of you?”

“Well that’s where the proposition comes in,” Baekhyun said. “I was hoping you and Jongin would come along on the trip with us.”

Kyungsoo frowned. “You’re offering Jongin and I a free vacation to Jeju? Where’s the catch?”

Jongin propped himself up on his elbow, also interested.

“Well, the catch is that it’s not exactly free,” Baekhyun said. “I want you to come along as my personal chef.”

“Your chef?” Kyungsoo repeated incredulously.

“I’d pay you for your services, of course,” Baekhyun assured him quickly. “It’s just, the food at these resorts is always just so-so, and I really do want this to be special. The rooms I’ve booked have kitchens, so you wouldn’t even have to go anywhere else. And, other than the times you’re cooking, you and Jongin will be free to do whatever you want.”

“So let me get this straight,” Kyungsoo repeated, and now sleep was the furthest thing from his mind. “You’re going to pay for us to go on vacation, and then also pay me to cook for you?”

Jongin tapped him on the knee to get his attention. He was nodding vigorously.

Kyungsoo wasn’t sold just yet. “I know you’re rich, Baek, but I don’t need you doing me any favors.”

“Oh, you’ve got it all wrong,” Baekhyun assured him quickly. “You’d be doing me a favor. Please say you’ll come. Besides, I kind of want to thank you for getting me and Chanyeol together in the first place.”

“I wasn’t the one who did that,” Kyungsoo pointed out.

But Baekhyun ignored his protest. “Let me talk to Jongin. I’m sure he’ll want to go.”

“I want to go!” Jongin yelled over Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

Kyungsoo sighed. “Fine, as long as it’s not too expensive, I suppose it will be okay.”

Both Baekhyun and Jongin cheered.

So it was that the following Friday night, after classes had finished for the day, the four of them caught a taxi to Gimpo airport.

“Where are we going?” Chanyeol asked as they unloaded their luggage from the trunk of the taxi and walked in through the automatic doors.

Jongin laughed. “You haven’t told him yet?”

“I want it to be a surprise,” Baekhyun said defensively.

“Well he’s going to see pretty soon,” Kyungsoo pointed out. “It’ll be printed on our tickets once we check in.”

Chanyeol laughed loudly, startling a nearby mother and her small child. “Guys, it’s Gimpo airport and we don’t have our passports. I’m pretty sure I know where we’re going.”

“Just pretend to be surprised, okay?” Baekhyun suggested.

It wasn’t a long trip from Seoul to Jeju, just a couple of hours. Kyungsoo had never flown on a plane before, so Jongin graciously allowed him to have the window seat. A fat lot of good it did him, though; it was already so dark that it was impossible to see much.

Thankfully the flight was short and they landed soon, catching a taxi to the resort Baekhyun had made reservations at. It was enormous, beautifully designed and decorated.

Baekhyun had reserved them each a suite, so they parted ways with the understanding that they would all order room service for breakfast the next morning and then Kyungsoo would take Baekhyun’s credit card and go grocery shopping and he would be in charge of all meals after that until they returned to Seoul.

“This is really generous of Baekhyun,” Jongin grinned as he closed the door behind them. Their suite was light and airy, with double French doors leading out onto a balcony overlooking the beach.

Kyungsoo frowned. “A bit too generous,” he pointed out, dropping his bag on the couch. “You know I don’t like charity.”

“And not everything your friends give you is charity,” Jongin countered, coming to stand behind Kyungsoo and wrapping his arms around the elder’s shoulders. “Can’t you just be grateful?”

Kyungsoo leaned back into the warm and familiar embrace. “Of course I’m grateful. It’s just…so much.”

“Well how about we go take a walk on the beach?” Jongin suggested, releasing Kyungsoo’s shoulders in favor of taking his hand. “We’ve got a lot of good memories of the beach. We could always make some more.” There was a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

Kyungsoo laughed and swatted him playfully on the arm. “This is a public resort, Jongin. There will be lots of people around.”

“You never know,” Jongin teased. “It’s pretty late.”

“We’ll see,” Kyungsoo said, winking.

That was all the encouragement Jongin needed. Pocketing their electronic key card, they left the suite and walked down to the beach. Jongin had been correct in his assumption that it would be deserted; it was nearly midnight and there wasn’t a soul in sight besides the two of them.

Jongin tugged Kyungsoo’s hand playfully. “Told you,” he teased.

Kyungsoo blushed. “But think of all that sand…”

“I mean, if you don’t want to, that’s fine,” Jongin said airily.

He released his boyfriend’s hand so he could pull his shirt over his head, tossing it down onto the sand still warm from the sun. Even though it was September and had been turning cooler back in Seoul, it was still quite hot here in Jeju.

Kyungsoo watched Jongin his shorts and shimmy out of them. “What are you doing?” he demanded, his lips subconsciously.

Jongin didn’t even glance back as he hooked his thumbs in the waistband of his boxer briefs and yanked them off. “I’m going swimming,” he announced grandly. “This water looks great, doesn’t it?” And he took off, splashing through the shallows into the clear blue water.

Kyungsoo watched his boyfriend, his body reacting without his brain’s permission. “What if somebody comes by?” he hissed.

Jongin shrugged. He was standing just deep enough that his privates were partially hidden by the water. “Who cares?” he said. “It’s a , Kyungsoo. Half the population has them. They’re not really such a novelty.”

Kyungsoo shifted his weight uncomfortably. Curse his boyfriend for being so y.

“Fine,” he gave in, though Jongin had never actually asked him. “I’m coming.”

He undressed in record time and plowed into the water. It was warm and soothing, and he found himself relaxing by the time he floated over to where Jongin was standing.

“That took so much convincing,” Jongin teased.

Kyungsoo blushed. “Shut up. It’s not my fault you’re so hot.”

“Whose fault is it then?” Jongin demanded, one of his hands sneaking up between Kyungsoo’s thighs to caress his hardening .

Kyungsoo let his eyes flutter shut at the sensation, so familiar and yet so mind-blowingly refreshing every time. “Who knows…” he finally muttered, both hands coming to rest on his lover’s shoulders.

Jongin only laughed and dove in for a kiss.

They had to move to shallower water to actually do the deed, Kyungsoo sprawled out on his back with soft, warm sand beneath him. Jongin hovered over him, his eyes bright in the dark of the night. Then he pressed his lips to the elder’s and simultaneously slid into him.

Kyungsoo threw his head back, water splashing around his ears, as Jongin set a languid, casual pace. Part of him wanted to urge Jongin to hurry – he really didn’t want to get caught like this – but it felt too good to change it up. So he lay there, half-submerged with warm water lapping around his shoulders, with Jongin ing him slowly to oblivion.

When he came, he had to shove his fist into his mouth to stop himself from crying out. Then he fell back, chest heaving, the soothing waves caressing him like an old friend.

“God, I could fall asleep here,” he mumbled, staring up at the wide expanse of stars above them.

Jongin chuckled, lacing their fingers together. “We might drown if we do that.”

Kyungsoo laughed too. “Let’s get back to the room, then. We ought to get up early to go get groceries for Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s -filled weekend.”

“Kyunggie, I like when you talk about , but only when it is about us,” Jongin said with a grimace.

Their weekend in Jeju seemed to fly by. Though Kyungsoo cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner for his friends, Baekhyun hadn’t been lying when he’d said that they would be on their own for the majority of the trip. That was fine with Kyungsoo. Though he and Jongin didn’t have any extra money to go to the spa or go sight-seeing, they had more than enough fun lounging on the beach or sitting on their balcony, reveling in the warm sunshine and each others’ company.

It was with a great bit of reluctance that they all returned to Seoul on Sunday night.

“Can’t we stay there forever?” Kyungsoo asked, half-joking, as the taxi reached their building to drop them off. “Is there a need for micro biologists in Jeju? I think I could do quite well there.”

Jongin laughed, picking up a bag in each hand. “Once we’ve graduated and gotten decent-paying jobs, we’ll think about it.”

“Thanks again for being our chef for the weekend,” Baekhyun said as they walked toward the elevators. “Oh, before I forget…” He reached into his bag and pulled out an envelope of cash. “Here’s your pay.”

Kyungsoo thumbed through the envelope, going pale. “Baekhyun, this is too much!” he exclaimed in a strangled whisper.

Baekhyun frowned, looking into the envelope. “No it’s not,” he said, brow furrowing as he mentally counted. “In fact, it’s actually a bit less than what my family usually pays their caterers. Sorry about that.”

Kyungsoo looked at the cash again. “Caterers make this much?” he demanded, still half-whispering.

Baekhyun laughed. “The good ones,” he said. “Honestly, you’d probably make more money catering as a side job instead of working at the library.” He caught sighed of Chanyeol and Jongin ahead of them, who were holding the elevator. “Oops, we’d better hurry.”

But he had given Kyungsoo a lot to think about.  


Welp. I'm back. For the time being? Ugh updating is so difficult these days. 

So the last time I updated my daughter, Yuna, had just e. Well now she's almost two and I'm 21 weeks pregnant with her little sister. So, come April, I will have two little munchkns running around (ok, well, to be fair, the second one will be a crying, pooping infant and won't actually be running). I'm really trying to finish all my open stories before then. I honestly really doubt that I'll get this one done, because this story still has a lot of chapters, but I'm going to get as much done before April as I can.

If you're still hanging around reading this, I really appreciate it! <3