June 2014

Perfectly Imperfect - indefinite hiatus

Warm lips caressed the outer shell of Kyungsoo’s ear, soft hands sliding up underneath his shirt.

“I just don’t understand,” he complained for the billionth time as Jongin moved his lips down to his neck, a blossoming bruise to the surface. Kyungsoo in his breath as a shiver went down his spine, but continued nonetheless. “I mean, they’ve been together for ages. Like, years and years. I can’t believe they’re going to break up over something so stupid.”

Jongin hummed noncommittally and continued his attack on his boyfriend’s delicious skin.

“It’s been almost a month and they haven’t even spoken,” Kyungsoo went on. “They haven’t even been in the same room as one another in ages.”

Jongin finally sat back on his heels, giving his boyfriend an exasperatedly fond look. “Kyungsoo, I haven’t gotten to spend time alone with you in days. Do you really have to keep talking about other guys?”

Kyungsoo blushed sheepishly. “Oops, sorry.” He leaned forward and connected their lips, none too chastely. “I’m just worried about them, that’s all.”

Jongin deepened the kiss, pushing a bit so that Kyungsoo flopped down onto his back on the bed and Jongin could hover over him, his knees planted on either side of the elder’s hips. “I get that you’re worried,” he said, pressing tantalizing kisses to Kyungsoo’s collarbones as he deftly undid the buttons on his boyfriend’s shirt. “But let’s focus on us right now. Then we can worry about Jonghyun and Kibum.”

Kyungsoo hissed a bit as Jongin bit down hard, his already straining hard against the denim of his jeans. “O-okay,” he agreed breathlessly.

Jongin grinned and moved his kisses lower and lower, ing and ping Kyungsoo’s jeans as he did so. It wasn’t long before Kyungsoo was completely before him, though Kyungsoo was so lightheaded from Jongin’s administrations that he’d barely registered it.

All thoughts of his friends and their relationship problems vanished from his mind as Jongin expertly worked him open with first two and then three fingers. Then, with his eyes half-lidded and his mind hazy with pleasure, he felt Jongin slip inside him with ease.

Kyungsoo threw his head back and let out a long, low moan. They’d both been so busy working and attending school these past few weeks that it seemed like ages since they had been able to be intimate with one another.

Jongin grinned at the sounds he was pulling from his boyfriend. “Hard to believe you were once a ,” he teased.

Kyungsoo barked out a laugh, using his hands above his head to keep himself from sliding back into the headboard of the bed. “Hard to believe you were once a ,” he retorted.

Jongin grinned. “Fair enough.”

Kyungsoo grabbed the younger by the back of the neck and drew him down for a deep kiss. “I really love you, you know,” he whispered, breath ghosting across Jongin’s lips. “More than I can ever tell you.”

Jongin kissed him again, sweet and sensual. “I know,” he agreed. “I love you even more.”

“Cheesy,” Kyungsoo accused, but he enjoyed it quite a lot.

Once they head reached their ends – almost simultaneously, because Jongin was good like that – he rolled off and they lay panting beside each other, their hands automatically tangling together amidst the messy sheets.

“What should I do about Jonghyun and Kibum?” Kyungsoo asked as they lay there in the darkness, trying to get their labored breathing back under control.

Jongin laughed. “Were you thinking about them the entire time we were having ?”

“Of course not,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “It’s a miracle if I can even remember to breathe when you’re ing me.”

Jongin pursed his lips thoughtfully. “Do you really have to get involved?” he asked. “I mean, it’s their business. They should be the ones to work it out.”

“What if it were Sehun and Luhan?” Kyungsoo suggested. “Would you just leave it to them to work it out?”

“Hell no,” Jongin replied without hesitation. “Those two are such idiots that they would just stay mad at each other forever and ruin a perfectly good relationship.”

“Exactly,” Kyungsoo said. “Jonghyun and Kibum are just as stupid as Luhan and Sehun. They both think they’re right, so they’ll just keep being mad. I have to do something. We have to do something.”

Jongin thought for a moment, absently rubbing soothing circles over the back of Kyungsoo’s hand with his thumb. “Didn’t you say they’d been together for a really long time?”

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo agreed. “Like four years or something. If I’m not mistaken, their anniversary is this month.”

“Four years,” the younger mused. “They must have created an awful lot of good memories in four years.”

“I’m sure,” Kyungsoo nodded.

Jongin hummed again. “I think I have a plan, but we’re going to need a lot of help. We’re going to have to get Junmyeon and Jinki and Taemin and Minho involved for sure.”

“I think I can talk them into helping,” Kyungsoo said.

It took all of them two weeks to get everything ready, but they managed to finish everything just in time for Jonghyun and Kibum’s anniversary.

Getting them to the restaurant they had chosen wasn’t nearly as easy of a task. Because it was their anniversary and they were still fighting, both Jonghyun and Kibum didn’t want to go out. Kibum insisted that he just wanted to sit at home in his pajamas, eating ice cream, but Junmyeon managed to get him out on the pretense of going to a really great sale. When Jinki tried to get Jonghyun to go, he told him to ‘ off’ and it wasn’t until Minho threatened to put him in a headlock that he reluctantly agreed to go to dinner with them.

Thanks to Jinki’s generosity – and his parents’ credit card – they had rented out an entire restaurant for the evening. They had spent weeks collecting photographs of Kibum and Jonghyun throughout the four years of their relationship, digging them out of old photo albums and even stealing them off social media and cell phones. They’d blown the photographs up and taped them all over the walls, like a Jonghyun/Kibum wallpaper. The photographs showed everything from their first date and their first couples Halloween costume to when they moved into an apartment together and went on vacation.  

“Do you think they’ll like it?” Kyungsoo asked nervously. He, Jongin, and Taemin were waiting anxiously at the front of the restaurant, waiting for the guests of honor to arrive. “I hope it doesn’t make them angry…”

“It’ll be fine,” Taemin assured him. He was still limping, but his doctors had okayed him to get out of bed for brief periods of time. “They just need to get their heads out of their asses long enough to see that they’re being ridiculous.”

Jongin laughed. “Better not let your brother hear you talking like that,” he said.

But Taemin only rolled his eyes. “Whatever. He needs to chill out too.”

Kyungsoo jumped suddenly. “Oh, there’s Junmyeon and Kibum!”

Right on cue, Junmyeon pulled open the door and he and Kibum came in. Kibum was complaining about how he thought they were going shopping, but he stopped when he saw Taemin, Kyungsoo, and Jongin. Then his eyes shifted over to the walls papered with photographs of himself and his lover.

Kyungsoo held his breath, waiting for the explosion that he was sure was going to come any second, but Kibum didn’t speak. He stepped further into the restaurant, leaning close to the walls to get a better look at the pictures. Every once in a while he would reach out and touch one of the pictures, as if remembering the good memories that went along with it. His friends hovered anxiously behind him.

“We were so happy,” he finally murmured.

Taemin stepped up beside him. “He loves you so much,” he said gently. “Can’t you see that’s why he’s so jealous? Losing you would be the worst thing in the world for him. He’s so afraid of losing you because he thinks he’s not good enough.”

Kibum looked a little sad. “I guess I wasn’t making as much time for him as I should have,” he admitted. “I was so carried away in my work, I didn’t realize I was making him feel like he wasn’t good enough for me.”

It was then that Minho, Jinki, and Jonghyun arrived. Jonghyun, like Kibum had been, was complaining until he saw everyone gathered and all the photographs on the walls.

“What’s going on?” he demanded, looking from face to face suspiciously. “Why do I feel like I’ve been set up here?”

“Hey guys,” Kibum spoke up, and his voice was soft and reserved. “I really appreciate everything you’ve done, but would you mind if I talked to Jonghyun alone for a minute?”

“You heard the man,” Jongin said, herding everyone towards the door. “Let’s give them some privacy.”

Once they were outside, however, Jinki promptly pressed his face up against the glass of the door.

“You’re way too nosy for your own good, hyung,” Taemin said, rolling his eyes.

“Shut up,” Jinki said distractedly. “I’m trying to figure out what’s going on.”

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but be interested. “What’s happening?” he asked. “What are they doing?”

“Well, they’re just talking right now,” Jinki relayed for the benefit of the group. “Now they’re looking at the photographs together. Jonghyun is actually smiling! Now they’re – I don’t believe it! They’re making out already!”

Kyungsoo felt a flush of relief. “So I guess our meddling helped in the end, didn’t it?” he teased Jongin.

Jongin rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. “Yeah, yeah. Now let’s leave them to it. I’m sure they don’t need our help anymore.”

“We should get out of here too,” Minho agreed, gesturing to Taemin. “He’s not supposed to be out of the house for too long, and I don’t want his parents to freak out on me.”

Taemin made a face but didn’t argue.

“Come on, Jinki,” Junmyeon said as they all turned to leave the restaurant.

Jinki glanced up and pouted. “But I want to see what happens!”

Now, Jinki.”

With a sigh, Jinki gave up and followed the others. 


Woohoo, surprise pseudo Kaisoo !

And even better, you didn't have to wait months for an update! lol

I'd like to thank all of you who wished my husband and I a speedy recovery with our health issues! Unfortunately, our health issues aren't ones that you can really recover from easily. 

My husband actually spent two weeks in the hospital with internal bleeding. He kept having to get blood transfusions and everything. It was really scary. He was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, which is something you live with your entire life. Luckily his isn't a bad case (it's usually diagnosed when people are much younger than he is) and he's got medicine that keeps it under control. 

As for me, turns out I have a parasite that's currently leeching off me. My doctor assures me that it should be ready to come out in 5-6 months, though. 

(the leech says hi)