Chapter 5

Romeo, romeo, romeo.

 

Chapter 5

             

                The next day, Minho went over to Key’s room to give him the rap lessons. They decided to take a break and head out for some coffee. When they walked out of Key’s room, chatting along the way, they didn’t notice Jonghyun behind them. Jonghyun had come to see Key, he had nothing to do and he missed his boyfriend.

                 Jonghyun stopped in his tracks when he saw Key and Minho heading out together from Key’s room, chatting happily. What is that idiot doing with my boyfriend?! What is my boyfriend doing with that idiot?! Jonghyun thought while he slowly hid behind the wall. He tried to listen to what they were saying, but he couldn’t make out the words. I have to trust Key, Jonghyun thought as he tried to calm down and walk away.

 

**************

 

                   Minho is starting to enjoy Key’s company. The guy’s really nice. Oh, and I’m starting to learn more about Taemin too. He thought with a smile.

                   Key caught him smiling by himself and said, “Hah. Thinking about my darling Taemin, are you?”. He winked at Minho knowingly.

                   Minho blushed. “How did you know? And you seem to know my feelings for him even though I haven’t told anyone.” Minho asked Key.

                   “Hahah, being an umma, there are some things you just know. I’m joking! I can see it in the way you look at Taemin. I think Taemin’s the only blind idiot who doesn’t realize.” Key says, chuckling.

                   “Oh. I see. Is it that obvious? I don’t want Taemin to know, please. If you tell him then our friendship would be ruined as  I don’t think Taemin feels the same way.” Minho says with a sigh.

                    Key smiled mysteriously. “Minho-ah, you never know.”

                    Minho sat across from Key in the café. He looked at Key curiously. What does Key know? Does Taemin feel the same way too?  Minho’s anxious thoughts were interrupted by Key changing the subject. Hmm, I’ll just have to find out some other day, Minho decided.

 

**************

 

                   Meanwhile, Jonghyun is pacing nervously in his room. He’s worried about Minho and Key getting too close. Jonghyun has a past with Minho that makes them hate each other now. Will Minho tell Key about my past? Jonghyun thinks worriedly.

                   Not being able to stand the stress, he dialed Onew’s phone number. “Hyung, are you free? Do you want to have lunch together? Let’s go for some chicken.” Jonghyun said the moment Onew picked up his call.

                   “Jonghyun-ah? Of course I’m free for you and chicken! I’ll meet you at the restaurant.” Onew replied Jonghyun.

             

    **************

 

                   At the restaurant, Jonghyun prepared to order a lot of chicken for two reasons, to cheer himself up and take his mind off Key and Minho, and also because Onew can eat a lot of chicken by himself.

                   Onew arrived and sat down opposite him. “Jonghyun. Just the person I want to see. Key’s been so busy lately that I haven’t had the chance to talk to him.”

                   Key’s been busy lately? Jonghyun thought silently. With Minho? His heart aches just thinking about that.

                   Onew didn’t notice Jonghyun’s sad expression and said,  “Jonghyun-ah! I finally met a girl who loves chicken as much as I do! We went on a couple of dates and I really like her.” Onew said to Jonghyun excitedly.

                   Jonghyun tried to be happy for his hyung, but he couldn’t stop worrying about Key and Minho. I’ll just call him tonight and ask him about it, Jonghyun decided.

 

 **************

                  That night, Jonghyun called Key. “Bummie? Hey. I missed you.” He said when Key picked up his call.

                   “Aww, Dino. If you really miss me then just come on over. Onew hyung just went out. I think he has a date, since he dressed up nicely and everything.” Key said to Jonghyun.

                   “Okay I’ll be right over.”

 **************

 

                  Key heard a knock on his room door and got up to open it. He saw Jonghyun standing there in his pajamas. Even when he doesn’t bother with his appearance, he still looks gorgeous, Key thought, smiling to himself.

                  Something about the way Jonghyun was looking at him made Key wonder. It looked like Jonghyun is sad but doesn’t want to show it. Usually, Jonghyun would just share his problems with Key. When Jonghyun walked into the room, he looked around the room as if he was trying to find something. Jonghyun wanted to see if there was any evidence of Minho being there. There’s nothing, Jonghyun thought. It’s like he’s never been here. But I’m sure I saw them just now. Oh well, maybe it was nothing.

                   Jonghyun tried to act normal when he saw Key staring at him curiously. He knows me too well, Jonghyun thought. He knows there’s something wrong. But I just can’t tell him what’s bothering me this time.

                   Jonghyun sat down next to Key on his bed. “Bummie ah, how was your day?” Jonghyun asked casually.

                   Key relaxed and lay down on the bed. “Oh. Nothing much. Just studying and learning stuff.” Key replied. He didn’t want to lie to Jonghyun, but he knew Jonghyun wouldn’t be happy if he knew that he was with Minho. Oh well, I didn’t actually lie anyway. I was learning stuff. Learning how to rap from Minho. Key tried to reason with himself.

                   Jonghyun felt a stab through his heart. He was starting to think that what he saw in the afternoon was nothing, since he already told Key to stay away from Minho. But why did Key have to lie?

                   Jonghyun lay down next to Key and pulled Key closer to him. Key nestled his head into Jonghyun’s muscular chest. “Hey, honey?” Jonghyun said softly to Key.

                   “Yeah, dino?”

                   “You know I love you right?”

                   “Or course I do. If you don’t, we wouldn’t be here right now, would we?”

                    Jonghyun smiled to himself. Just like Key to be so confident about his feelings for him. “Alright, bummie. Get some sleep. I’ll be right here when you wake up.” Jonghyun says as he kisses Key’s forhead.

                   As Key drifted off the sleep, leaving Jonghyun with his thoughts, Jonghyun realized two things.

                  One, that no matter what happened, he still loves Key.

                  Two, that Key never actually said ‘I love you’ back.

 

**************