Chapter 13

Romeo, romeo, romeo.

 

Chapter 13

 

                         Key woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside. He started to turn around to face the window, but he found strong arms around him holding him tightly. He opened his eyes and stared right into Jonghyun’s muscular chest.

                         Key smiled and breathed in Jonghyun’s somehow familiar scent. His mind slowly registered what was happening. What? Did we sleep together last night? Why did I wake up in his arms? Most importantly, why does it feel so right that I feel like I could stay in Jonghyun’s arms forever? Key was confused, but decided to toss his thoughts to the back of his mind and just enjoy himself for a moment.

                         Key smiled into Jonghyun’s chest and snuggled in closer. He couldn’t resist landing a kiss on Jonghyun’s exposed collarbone. Jonghyun stirred in his sleep and Key froze. Oh crap! What if he felt my kiss on his collarbone? Key frantically thought. He closed his eyes and hopes that Jonghyun didn’t feel anything.

                         Jonghyun woke up to having Key in his arms. He closed his eyes again, wanting to hold onto the moment for a second longer. He tried not to smile to himself when he felt Key smile into his chest. He was surprised Key didn’t pull away after realizing that Jonghyun was holding him but instead snuggled in closer. He was even more surprised when Key softly kissed his collarbone. His heart almost stopped beating.

                         After a few minutes, Key thought he was going to die of bliss for being in Jonghyun’s arms. He finally got up and cleaned himself up. After making sure that every strand of his hair was perfectly in place, he made his way to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

                         Jonghyun’s heart dropped when Key silently slipped out of his arms. He heard him turn on the tap in the bathroom. He knew that by now, Key would most probably look into the bathroom mirror, fixing his hair. Some things never change for a diva, Jonghyun thought, chuckling to himself.

 

 **************

                         Minho looked at Taemin who was sitting next to him. As usual, Taemin’s in his own world. I bet he’s thinking about that dance class later, Minho smiled to himself.

                         After class, they walked back to their rooms together. As usual, Taemin would go over to Minho’s room and they’d hang out till it was late. Then, sometimes Taemin would sleepover at Minho’s room.

                         Taemin sat down on Minho’s bed. “Minho-hyung… I’m kinda worried about Key umma and Jonghyun hyung.” Taemin said to Minho.

                         “Hmm… yeah, me too. Actually, I haven’t seen them since yesterday. Key was discharged from the hospital yesterday, right? The last I heard was Jonghyun telling me that he was going to pick up Key from the hospital. Taemin-ah, why don’t you give them a call?”

                         “Yeah, okay. Minho-hyung, I was actually worried about Key umma not remembering Jonghyun hyung. Won’t they ever get together again? Jonghyun hyung was always so happy when he was with Key umma. And I know Key umma feels the same.” Taemin replied, his worries showing in his expression.

                         “Mmm. Taemin, do you believe in love?” Minho suddenly asked. Oh wow. Where did that come from? Minho wondered.

                         “Hyung, of course I believe in love! It’s just that… I don’t know how love feels like. And I’ve never been in a relationship before! I know it’s an embarrassing thing to admit this, since we’re university students now, but I really don’t have much experience in love.” Taemin admitted.

                         Minho doesn’t know what to think. He’s happy that if he and Taemin ever got together, that he would be his first. Then again, it might never happen considering that Taemin is just treating him as a friend.

                         Minho sighed. Taemin looked at Minho, even more embarrassed. Taemin blushed and Minho caught Taemin’s embarrassed expression.

                         “Taemin-ah… it’s really nothing to be embarrassed about actually. Someday you’ll be glad that you saved your firsts. Anyway, someone you love will love you and this wouldn’t really matter, would it?” Minho tried to reassure Taemin.

                         “Mmm. True that, hyung. I just hope that someone would be like you, Minho hyung!” Taemin beamed at Minho.

                         Someone like me? Then why can’t it actually be me?! Minho silently thought. Has he really never thought that we could be together? Do I really not stand a chance at all?

                         “Taemin-ah, I…” Minho wanted to tell Taemin so badly. But he couldn’t. He didn’t want to risk their friendship. He just couldn’t risk losing Taemin even as a friend.

                         “Yes, hyung?”

                         “Umm… nothing. I forgot what I wanted to say.”

**************

 

                         Key was making breakfast when he heard Jonghyun behind him. “Hey, good morning! Ooooh, that smells nice! What are you making?” Jonghyun curiously asked Key.

                         “Pancakes with strawberries. Oh, with an extra topping of chocolate syrup too. I had a feeling you would like this. You like this, don’t you? I’m almost done making it and if you don’t like it… I’ll just make something else, I guess.” Key answered, unsure why he chose to make pancakes with strawberries and chocolate syrup.

                         Jonghyun didn’t know what to say. Pancakes with strawberries and chocolate syrup was his favorite food for breakfast. “Umm… yeah of course. I love them.” He finally answered.

                         Jonghyun was eating silently when Key’s phone rang. “Taemin? Yeah, I’m with Jonghyun. I’m fine, no need to worry. When am I going back to campus? Uhh… I’m not sure. I’ll text you to let you know, alright?” Jonghyun heard Key say into the phone.

                         Oh no. I don’t want to go back to campus! Although being here with Key isn’t as comfortable as it should be, but still it’s better than nothing. Jonghyun frantically thought.

                         Eh? Why is it that I don’t like the idea of going back to campus? I do miss Taemin, Minho and Onew, after all. Just that… I think I’m slowly liking the feeling of being with Jonghyun. It feels familiar, somehow. Key’s thoughts were in a confused bundle and he didn’t know what to think.

                       Jonghyun cleared his throat and asked Key, “Was that Taemin?” He really hoped that whatever Taemin said to Key, didn’t make Key want to leave here soon.

                         “Oh. Umm… nothing. Just wondering where we are, that’s all.” Key answered, thinking of a way to make Jonghyun stay here a little longer.

                         Breathing a sigh of relief, Jonghyun looked at Key. He found that Key was already looking at him. It seemed like Key was nervous and had something to ask him.

                         “Jonghyun? Do you mind if we stay here for a while longer? Its okay if you don’t want to. I’m just a guest after all, but I was just wondering…” Key nervously asked Jonghyun.

                         Jonghyun nearly fell off his seat when he realized what Key was asking him. Really? He wants to stay? Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down here for a second. Trying to hide the surprise from his face, Jonghyun answered as calmly as possible, “Of course. You need your rest after all. Let’s just treat this as a vacation. You can probably catch up with classes anyway.”

                         “Really? Okay! I’ll just send a quick text to Taemin, then. Don’t want our Taeminnie to worry about us!” Key said happily.

                         What? Did he just say OUR Taeminnie? Jonghyun was shocked once again, but decided to pretend like he didn’t notice as Key was busy texting Taemin and didn’t realize what he said.

 

To : Taemin

From : Key

Taemin, I’m staying here for a while more. Don’t know when we’ll be back, though. Oh, umm… I should tell you this in person, but I guess I’ll just have to tell you through this text… OMG I THINK I’M STARTING TO LIKE JONGHYUN! HELP! I bet he doesn’t feel the same way…

 

P//S. So I added a little 2min (: Any comments?

P/P//S. ooohhh I love you all subscribers :3

P/P/P//S. Check out my Jongkey video that I pieced together? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTe8MuGRi_Q

Tell me what you think! (for both my story and my video :D)