Chapter 2.

Split In Two

♫ = the suggested song to read along with.

 

 


Dancing On My Own

The girl laid on the bed, lifeless. Her body covered in minor wounds and bruises. The doctors informed Ja Ri that her younger sister is in a critical condition and may not wake up from the coma for awhile. Ja Ri looked worse than her sister who laid on the bed unconcious. Her eyes were red and puffy, her hair was in a messy bun and wore a tired face because of the lack of food and sleep she had last night.

I'm glad you're safe, Yu Ri.

Ja Ri caressed her face and her tears began to trickle down her cheeks.

You shouldn't be laying there... Wake up...

It's 5 the morning. Ja Ri managed to only get a couple hours of rest. She realized that their parents must not find out. If that were to happen, they will separate the two. But there were also questions like, how can Yu Ri continue working at YG? How can Ja Ri pay off the hospital bills? When will Yu Ri wake up from this horrid coma. Will she?

These thoughts ran through her head, stressing her out. She was tired of weak. Then Kai and Gaia popped in her head.

"... I need to get home to get ready and feed Gaia. Listen to me Yu Ri, get well soon okay? I promise that everything will be alright when you wake up. In the meantime, try to wake up... Don't let me and Gaia down, you hear?" Ja Ri spoke, wiping the remaining tears from her cheek. She planted a light kiss on her sister's forehead. Ja Ri threw her's and Yu Ri's duffle bag over her shoulder before making her way out.

Ja Ri stood near the bus stop and the memories from last night flooded her mind. More tears builded up in her eyes. She realized she began to fear buses. Quickly she searched for a cab and whistled at it to grab it's attention. Ja Ri  then realized her wallet was missing. ! The taxi driver left her alone and the stress only grew. She felt really pressured and uneasy. Her legs didn't hesitate to run towards her apartment building, carrying the two heavy dufflebags. Ja Ri then panted her way back to her apartment. Gaia was already standing next to the door as Ja Ri searched for her keys to let herself in.

"Hi baby, did you miss mommy?" Ja Ri managed to smile at the white kitten while walking into the near kitchen. She grabbed a can from the cabinet and opened it. Gaia had her food served and she couldn't be happier. Ja Ri petted her head before making her way to the shower. She stripped herself and entered the cold shower.

Less than 2 hours left.

Ja Ri was dressed and grabbed a bottle from the fridge. She made sure if she had her wallet, keys and her Yu Ri's phones.
, where the heck is my wallet? did I lose it last night? She took some money from her jar to pay her bus fare.

She decided to skip breakfast since there was no time but she didn't fail notice Gaia lying down on the couch napping.
You lazy kitten, she laughed at her. Ja Ri opened the door to proceed outside. She locked the door behind her and jogged her way out. 35 minutes left.

Meanwhile, Kai was already in the dance hall. He was searching for songs to practice to. Today, decided to play slow songs. He hoped Ja Ri won't feel awkward about it.

On the bus, Ja Ri dialed Yu Ri's sunbae on. The same guy who once taught her when she worked at YG.
She took deep breaths before trying to imitate her sister in the best way possible. Ja Ri made her voice sound crabby and sick before the person on the other line answered.

"Sunbae, I'm too sick to attend work today. I'm very sorry," Ja Ri coughed into the Yu Ri's phone. To her surprise, the older man understood and told her to get better. Ja Ri exhaled in success and remembered about Kai. 

She got off her on stop and ran to the dance hall. 2 minutes late. . Ja Ri saw there was a line for the elevator she sighed loudly and ran towards the staircase. Taking 3 steps at time she made her way to meet him. She was thinking of how he would insult her when she arrives there. 

14................... 15.................... 16! Yes! Oh , 5 minutes late...

Ja Ri ran through the hall letting a few beads of sweat drip from her forehead. She opened the door to reveal 3 men instead of one.


 

Kai began to feel frustrated after the two minutes passed and the woman hasn't showed up. Just as he was going to call Ja Ri, two men walked in with friendly grins on their faces.

"Sehun... Taemin... what are you guys doing here?"

"Hey to you to, we came to visit you and you're cute partner," Taemin smiled widely.

"Yeah, where is she?" Sehun asked looking around the room.

Kai scoffed, "Yeah I bet she's the main reason behind your visit. She's late, again. I don't know whe-."

"I'm here!" Ja Ri bursted through the doors panting really hard, having her hands on her knees. She tried hard to catch her breath and apologize for her rude entrance.

"I'm sorry... My name is Choi Ja Ri...," Ja Ri was trying very hard to pull her life together at that moment as she bowed at a 90 degree angle. Taemin and Sehun smiled at how cute she looked. Kai was secretly pissed and tried holding in his glares.

"We know, I'm Oh Sehun and this is Lee Taemin," Sehun hand gestured his pal on the side. Ja Ri smiled weakly at them and her eyes caught Kai who she knew was fuming on the inside.

"I'm sorry for being late, there wa-" Kai cut her off.

"It's alright, we'll dicuss it later."

"Let's grab some bubble tea, yeah?" We haven't had a chance to hang out with you. Ja Ri, would you care to join us?"

Ja Ri's eyes widen. He wants me to join? What about Kai? "If it's okay with Kai, then sure," she smiled as the two men looked at Kai waiting for his approval. Kai sighed and then nodded his head. Ja Ri smiled widely and Taemin stared at her in awe. She has the perfect smile. Kai noticed Taemin and began to flaunt a smirk at him. Sehun headed out the door along with Ja Ri who followed him like a duckling would to his mother. Kai whispered, she's free you know. Do you have the balls to ask her on date? before he walked out snickering to himself. Taemin frowned in embarrassment but soon followed the rest out the door. 

Ja Ri took a liking to Sehun since he was the main one who talked to her. She felt like she had an actual friend for once. He ranted on and about his favorite flavored bubble tea, which only made Ja Ri giggle and Kai annoyed. Taemin kept thinking why Kai never made his move on Ja Ri. He thought she suited him well and that'd they make an amazing couple. There's nothing wrong with her. She's perfect for, Jongin.

Ja Ri and Sehun went together to order the bubble tea, while Kai and Taemin sat the table and waited for them to return with their drinks.

"So, Ja Ri must be a charming and a sweet partner, right?"

Kai scoffed at his hyung's question, "Not quite, yeah she may look pretty on the outside but she's always tardy."

Taemin laughed at his remark. "Besides her tardiness, what's not to like about her?"

"I don't really care to find out.." Kai simply shrugged. Taemin scoffed and he ceased with his mini interrogation as Ja Ri and Sehun approached them with the beverages in hand. She sat at the table next to Sehun and across Kai. Sehun managed to only get giggles from Ja Ri, which shocked Kai since he never once seen her this happy. 

"Aww! Ja Ri you just made two new friends named Sehun and Taemin!" Sehun patted her head which made her smile real big. Kai only stared at Ja Ri and Sehun. They've hit it off well, so soon. 

After their chat, Ja Ri and Kai bid their farewells to Sehun and Taemin as they approached their practice room.

 

"Kai... is it possible if I can come every other day to practice...?"

"What? Why? That's impossible."

"There's been a family crisis and I need to take care of someone for the time being... I don't know how long it will take, exactly..."

"Family crisis, huh? Alright. Since you are now good friends with Taemin and Sehun, I'll let you give you what you want." Kai then quickly pushed Ja Ri on to the wall, pinning her wrists on to the cold wall. "However, if you are lying to me. I'll make sure to hae you suffer, a lot."

Ja Ri feels scared and threatened but quiets herself as she gulps down the lump in . Her heart rate was getting out of hand and her cheeks were tinted a red hue. Kai smirks as he sees her priceless expression. He lets go and walked away to search for a song. (He's a dangerous man... a scary man.)

Yu Ri's phone vibrated and Ja Ri noticed it immediately.

From: Babe <3
Baby, how come you haven't told me about you being sick? I'm so worried for you. :( Please get well soon! Remember that I still want to meet Ja Ri and Gaia! I love you, baby. <3

WHAT? Yu Ri has a boyfriend? She's never told me... there must be a good reason...

"Yah! Hurry up and stretch. You know the routine."

Ja Ri nodded and stuffed the phone in her bra when he wasn't looking. She stretched her legs out and lowered her torso against the floor. The two continued to stretch for another couple of minutes before starting dance routines. Ja Ri placed herself next to Kai and they positioned theirselves for the song that was going to begin playing.

Their bodies began to move in one go, hitting the rhythm of the song effortlessly. Both wore expressions that contained passion and hard work. Ja Ri's ponytail flew in many directions avoiding any contact with Kai's face. At the end of the song, Kai's chest was pressed against Ja Ri's, as his gaze met hers. 

All of a sudden, Yu Ri's phone vibrated in her shirt which made her moan a bit in Kai's embrace. Ja Ri gasped before she covered with both hands and stared at Kai for his reaction. Her wide eyes met his blank ones. He scoffed and retreated far away from her. 

"Practice is over. Get out."

"It's only 1..."

"Doesn't matter. Enjoy this rare chance that I'm giving you."

"Neh... have a good day," the clumsy girl began to gather her stuff.

"Wait, before you go... you might need this..." Kai hander her wallet that was in his pocket, "you left here last night..."

"Omo! Thank you very much! I thought I lost it," she waved one more time before leaving the room, "see you the day after tomorrow!"

 


 

Today will be Ja Ri's first time to actually live as Yu Ri. She's beyond scared and nervous about being caught.

Think happy and positive thoughts! You got this!

Ja Ri dressed in Yu Ri's clothes and made sure not embarrass her sister. Her phone lit up revealing two messages.

                  From: Babe <3
                  Hey love, I was wondering if you're well enough to go to work. If you are meet me outside your house in 10? Love you.

                  From: Kai
                  Be sure not to quit your practice. Also take better care of your belongings.


Ja Ri sighed and skipped breakfast again only to feed Gaia. She threw the lime green duffle bag and headed out her apartment, locking it as well.

Just who the heck is Choi Yu Ri to date without my consent?

Ja Ri walked out and searched for the possible car her 'boyfriend' might be in. A short honk is what caught her attention and she approached it. She looked passed the cracked open tinted windows and her jaw nearly dropped.

"Morning baby, get in,'' the man smiled sweetly at her.

"Neh, good morning..." she nervously got in.

Ja Ri felt a tense atmosphere among them. The very own G Dragon was sitting next to her! Her former sunbae, that is worldwide known, is her sister's boyfriend!

"No good morning kiss?" the latter pouted at her very cutely. 

"Erm where'd you like me to kiss you?"

"Anywhere you'd like, baby," a slight smirk appeared on his face.

Ja Ri blushes but nodded her head an leaned her head in towards his cheek.  A soft kiss was given on G Dragon's right cheek. Ja Ri blushed and he only smiled cutely as he started the engine.

This will be another long day... Yu Ri you have a lot of explaining to do.