Chapter 4.

Split In Two

Ja Ri looked terrible. She couldn't get over the fact that she is crying over her job. Or was it something behind it? 

She borrowed BB cream from Yu Ri to even out her dark circles, she got last night. Throwing her sneakers on, she fed Gaia and forgets about herself. Sh made sure that today she won't be late, no matter what it takes...she'll get there. Leaving her cold apartment, she ran in search of a cab. 

It didn't take long before she go to the dance hall. She's basically two hours early, wanting Kai to give her a chance. 

Before entering the wooden door, she heard faint noises that were familiar. She peaked in and gasped, the sight of Kai cornering a the girl from last night, was unbearable. Why was God acting so cruel with me lately? She asked herself that question. The two looked over at her, not earning a shock from Ja Ri's interruption. She closed her eyes tightly and bowed, "I'm very sorry!" Ja Ri hurried outside and waited for them to finish. A few seconds passed before Kai walked out the same wooden door.

"So you're finally early. What's up?" Kai said in a rather deep voice.

She scratched the back of her neck, "Um I was wondering if I still had the spot to be your partner..."

"Didn't you get my text?"

"Your what?" 

She searched for her phone that was no where in her bag and panicked a bit,

"Relax, I'll show you myself," he took out his phone and held it up to her face. 


To: Ja Ri
I know you said you'd come in today, but don't bother. You have replaced as of this morning. For now you have no business at SM but that may change within a matter of days or weeks. So thanks for you hard work and goodbye.

 

Ja Ri eyes stung a bit and so did her heart. She wasn't looking forward to saying goodbye just yet. However, he was more than ready. A sudden headache began to attack her but she ignored it, he was causing her more pain. She's been fired once again...for no good reason. How can he do this? I lost my job... I loved it... Why me? Why am I never good enough?...

She gave him a bitter smile and bowed, "It was a pleasure working alongside you, Kai. You've taught me many great things and I thank you for that. G-good...b," the small brunette out almost hitting the floor if it wasn't for the man in front of her who caught her. 

He wasn't expecting this at all, his former dance partner to faint before his presence. This was suppose to be a simple goodbye...aish!

Kai called out for the girl who was eavesdropping behind the door,"Sohee! Call the nurse please!" She rushed out to fetch the nurse two floors down. In a matter of 10 minutes, she came with a man and a first aid kit. Kai had already placed the small girl on to a bench inside the dance hall. 

"Nurse? Um yes, she just fainted...we were in the middle of a conversation and she just... out."

The nurse stood quiet and checked her tempeture. He tried checking her heart beat but her hoodie was a bother. Quickly, he ped it revealing her well defined collar bone and a slight bit of her clevage. Kai mentally blushed but managed to look away. The nurse felt all up on her chest, stomach and her back, doing his job. However, Kai couldn't help but feel protective of this shady nurse touching the brunette. 

Relief washed over him when he took his hands off her after zipping her hoodie back up.

"She has a minor fever and it seems she hasn't been eating regularly. As soon as she wakes up, which shouldn't take long, tell her she needs medicine for fever and a proper meal. Reccomend her hot soups and or fruit, lots of it."

Kai thanked him and he walked bowing before exiting. Sohee dismissed herself right after, leaving him with Ja Ri. He sat beside her, glancing at her every now and then, while playing on his phone. Soon enough, her eyes fluttered open. She was confused and her eyes burned from the light that was exposed to her. Kai helped her sit up so she wouldn't fall off.

"Yah!" She flinched a bit,"Why would you come to work if you were sick."

"I'm sick? I wasn't aware of it..."

"Pabo,,,you could have atleast ate something before coming here."

"How'd you kn-"

"It doesn't matter. C'mon, let's take you home..." Kai helped her up and carried both dufflebags, hers and his, and led her to the company's parking lot. He didn't even ask for her consent but she felt too weak to argue with anybody. He opened his car door for her and she entered quietly, holding her duffle bag on her lap. He entered from his side and strapped his seatbelt on. Turning on the radio, which played soft tunes, he drove out of the lot. Kai secretly stole glances of the passenger beside him. Her eyes never left the window and he didn't blame her. She was shy, tired and gloomy. 

"Are you feeling, alright?"

She nodded meeting his eyes,"Yes, I am. Thank you."

Kai noticed how polite she always was with him. It's something he will miss from her, he admitted to himself. 

"I know you live in this area but where do I drop you off?"

"Ummm," she looked around and spotted a corner,"right there, please."

He nodded and drove near it, parking beside the chosen corner. She forced a smile on her face before turning to him,"Once again, Kai...thank you...for everything."

With that, she climbed out the car and turned back to give a farewell wave. He returned it, giving her a smile for the first time. Goodbye Kai...


Ja Ri walked into her apartment and looked around for Gaia. She was sleeping on the rug beside the couch. Flashing a smile, she searched for her cellphone. She went to her room and found it on the drawer beside Yu Ri's. Unlocking hers first, there she saw one message from Kai. I wonder what he sent. She then turned her attention to Yu Ri's phone and saw that G Dragon has been messaging her non-stop.

!

From: Babe <3
Yu Ri... are you mad at me or something? Why are you avoiding me? I miss you so much... Love you <3

She then quickly moved her fingers to proceed with her reply.

To: Babe <3
I am so sorry. I forgot to pay my phone bill so I haven't got any of my messages for the day. I'm very sorry my love. Please forgive me? <3 I love you too.

Ja Ri turns her attention back to her current life. She was fired again for with no good reason behind it. She decided she needed someone to know about what's she's been going through. G Dragon then came to her mind.

Maybe... he should know...

She fiddles with the phone in her hand, chewing on her lip, wondering if she should confess or not. Closing her eyes, she exhales...Opening them, she unlocks the phone and begins to type.

To: Babe <3
Can we meet up? Please...

Her heart was racing and she didn't know if she could follow through with her plan. Soon after a buzz came from her phone.

From: Babe <3
Sure? I'm worried... I'll pick you. Where are you?

She told him there was no need for that and to meet her next to cafe that wasn't far. Ja Ri felt nervous. How will he react to the situation? Her body stiffened when she saw the blonde man walk in with sunglasses blocking his smiling eyes. He leaned in for a kiss but she dodged it and he felt hurt. They stared at each other for a couple of minutes, sitting face to face.

"Annyeongahseyo, G Dragon oppa... I'm Ja Ri." His jaw nearly dropped, he was tricked.

"Annyeon... Wait Ja Ri? I thought I was suppose to mee-"

"No I tricked you... miahne.. I am here to confess something to you," she gestured him to come closer. The man leaned in to better his hearing, "Yu Ri... is in a coma..."

The man froze and didn't know what to say. He was confused and angry at the same time, "Explain yourself now."

"...Weeks ago, Yu Ri was involved in a bus accident and she was badly bruised and wounded. Currently she's in critical condition and hasn't woke up. I decided to pretend to be her so that she may not lose her job or reputation or anything. I was pretending to be two people, each worked at a entertainment company and now I have been fired... more like replaced but it doesn't matter. I'm here to ask for a favor. Let me, Choi Ja Ri, pretend to be Yu Ri at YG, just until she has fully recovered..."

She left the man speechless and also enlightened. He now knew why she acted so formal and shy with him. How she wanted to work every other day. To him, Ja Ri was really something.... a great friend. She had to learn twice as much dance routines as her co-workers.

"Alright... Just take me to Yu Ri..." he rested his cold hand on her warm arm, looking at her with pleading eyes. She nodded and got up from the table with him following her to his near parked car.

 

 


That evening Ja Ri watched G Dragon caress Yu Ri's small face and hold her pale hands. She felt slightly envious because she knew no guy would ever do that to her.

"I knew it was the right choice to tell you, G Dragon oppa," she grinned at him.

His eyes were still on Yu Ri as he chuckled at her, "Call me, Jiyong."

Her eyes widen but smiled, "Neh, Jiyong oppa."

"Oh yeah, why did you get fired?"

"...long story... I worked as a dance partner for SM's boy group Exo's Kai. He requested to work on his dance skills with a female partner at SM, since it's his vacation time. They agreed since it was a good idea. So they got me to do it. Apparently, I wasn't the one he wanted.. so finally he had the chance to replace me with some recent debuted artist... he didn't hesitate to do it. It's a shame because he was really an inspiration to me but I was a bother to him..." she looked down, feeling sad once again.

He saw her and frowned at the view. Slowly, he got up and placed his hand on her head.

"It's okay Ja Ri, you are now part of YG. We won't hurt you like that jerk did, okay? I'll protect you from now on." she felt... safe. A bit of faith creeped into her heart and soul.

Yu Ri... you're one lucky girl...

 


A week later.

At SM with Kai, Sehun stopped by with pastries for Kai and Ja Ri. Little did he know, the small brunette was no longer there.

"You what?! You replaced her? How could you? She loves her job and you know that! We don't know how she's doing... she might be in debt or something like that," Sehun ranted on about Ja Ri making Kai scoff loudly.

"She wasn't all that good. How could I be assigned to her... that was a mistake okay?"

"Oh shut up. She was amazing and flawless. Ja Ri isn't just any girl you can mess with. If she was that bad, why didn't you fire her instead of making up an excuse, like replacing her for another girl."

"Dude, you don't understand, I just can't have her around anymore..."

"Pft, whatever, maybe I should request her."

Kai felt angry to hear him say that. Instead of expressing his anger he scoffed,"Good luck."

Sehun smirked at his hyung, "By the way, tomorrow night we're invited over to YG for a little show."

"Chincha? Arasso."

"Dress appropriate, hyung."

"Will do."

"Before I leave, do you have Ja Ri's number?" 

Kai rolled his eyes and lied,"No, I deleted right after she left."

"Ugh, chincha? I'll find out anyway, I always do," he winks before leaving. Kai just scoffed and continued his practice. Will he really contact her?...


"No it's spin, hip and pose. You're doing it wrong Ja Ri," G Dragon corrected her.

"Mianhe," she replyed the song and continued her practicing. G Dragon agreed to give her extra help since she has to perform along with the others soon. 

"You almost got the whole last dance down, great."

"Chicha? That was quick..."

"You have great memory and already have the foot work," he flashed his smile to her.

She rubbed the back of her head, "Gee, thanks..."

"It's no problem, after this come over to my house? The guys will be there."

"Oh sure, that'd be nice." 

"Great! Let's finish this."

She nodded and started the dance routine from the beginning. He only stared at her in awe, she truly did look like her sister dancing. However, Ja Ri looks more into the music, more passionate. She was no longer the timid girl but a powerful woman. 

Ja Ri finished, panting slightly and looking over to the older male. He was in a bit of trance but woke up right after, cheering for her. She blushed a bit and smiled. 

The two gathered their stuff and headed to his house.

Ja Ri's POV
The ride didn't take longer than 20 minutes. We exited and made our way to his house which was huge! I heard laughter on the other side of the door.

He opened the door and I found myself two of his group members. Youngbae and Seunghyun, better known as Taeyang and TOP. They were laughing while watching something on tv.

"Sup guys, Yu Ri is here," he pulled me towards the laughing men. I shyly bowed and flashed a tiny smile.

"Annyeong!" Youngbae greeted me and then shifted his eyes towards the man next to me.

"Bro, let's work on them lyrics!"

He nodded and made their way towards another room. Seunghyun looked at me, rather weirdly, but I managed to smile at him.

"Are you hungry?"

"Ani, I-"


"Kaja," he pulled my wrist towards the kitchen, taking me by surprise, "I heard your stomach growl. No need to lie."

He chuckled before opening the fridge to find stuff. I was too busy noticing how the tall man looked at me to realize my noisy stomach.

The man quickly prepared a small meal that should be enough for 3 people. He gestured me to dig in and I bowed showing my gratitude to him.

"What about the other guys?"

"They'll come soon, wat-"


"I smell food!" Youngbae chimed into the kitchen and Jiyong joined him.

"I told you," Seunghyun's tone made me chuckle.

Well all ate and praised the tall man for his excellent work.

"Yah, I'm gonna keep working on the lyrics," Youngbae excused himself and went to another room.

"It's getting late, I must take my leave," I said quietly before getting up.

"Wait, let me take you home," Jiyong got up from his seat.

"Ani, I'll take her. Go help Bae," Seunghyun.

Jiyong oppa gave me the 'are you okay with that' face and I nodded. He gave Seunghyun permission and gave me a tight hug before letting me leave. The tall man's eyes were on us through the process.

"My car is the gray one next to Ji's," I heard him say and I walked to it.

As expected of him, he opened the door for me. What a gentleman, right? I felt uneasy, I never really had any conversation with him as Ja Ri neither. My thoughts were disturbed when I heard the door slam shut on the driver's side. He started the car and I only hoped the awkward tension would disappear.

"You and Jiyong are really close. One may even say, too close," he said in his husky tone that could melt any other girl.

"It seems that way? Doesn't it? Haha, well it's not the way it seems..." I said slumping in my chair.

"Right. Jiyong wouldn't be involved with someone like you, no offense," he said tapping his fingers on the wheel.

 

"What do you... mean?"

 

"Well, he's known to mess with well-known beautiful woman."

 

That was rude but true, I just nodded in response and looked out the window. No one would ever be involved with me.

After giving him directions we were finally in front of my apartment. I thanked him plenty before climbing out and make my to my front door.

No POV

Choi Yu Ri never stays quiet when someone disses her. Isn't that right, Choi Ja Ri?

Seunghyun chuckled looking at the brunette enter the building. He drove off once he was sure she was safe inside.


 

 

 

Well looks like TOP figured out the truth with no problems, eh? Keke, nice job. Thank you all for reading and supporting. (: