Chapter 5.

Split In Two

"Who is she?" Kai points at the slim curvy female with the black bandana tied around underneath her eyes. Her tight stomach was revealed from a crop top that she wore along with black harem sweats. She was filled with energy and grace, Kai realized.


"Oh um, her name is Yu Ri. She's been working for YG for a long time now. There's a rumor she has an older sister but no one really knows of her," the assistant stage manager spoke.

Those moves... I've seen that exact movement before... Her eyes... filled with passion? Ja Ri?

He noticed how close she was to G Dragon, they hold hands and then laugh about it. The audience cheered them on but Ja Ri soon retreated and joined her group.

"Do you think you can let me meet her?" Kai asked not leaving Ja Ri from his sight.

"Yeah that wouldn't be a problem. You wouldn't be the first to ask me," he chuckled.

He observed her performance carefully and kept thinking that it was Ja Ri up there. Kai never realized how good she looked on stage until now.

The show came to an end and Kai didn't hesitate to scurry his way backstage. The assistant stage manager tried his best to catch up to him. Finally the smaller man led the way to the locker rooms. He knocked before entering the room that labeled "Backup Dancers".

Inside contained a petite girl was sitting on a bench drinking water and drying her face.

"Is the bathroom fr-" she froze when she the two men in the doorway.

"Uh hi! This lad wanted to meet you," he pushed Kai inside who looked awkward and confused.

"Oh um hi! I'm Yu Ri nice to meet you um... your name?" Ja Ri tried her best to act as a stranger.

"Hey, hyung can I have a moment alone with Ms. Yu Ri here..." Kai spoke quietly enough for the man to hear him. He was confused but left nodded and left.

"You're not the so called Yu Ri... You're Ja Ri," he stated as if he saw right through her.

"Ani! Ja Ri is my older sister, we are identical twins," she smiled at him trying to hide how nervous she was getting.

Kai scoffed, "Quit the act, Ja Ri. I've seen you dance before. It matched perfectly like what I just witnessed on that stage."

Ja Ri was getting scared but she knew it wasn't time to give up. Time to really act like Yu Ri.

She squinted her eyes at the tanned man in front of her and chuckled, "It must run in the family," before he spoke again she interrupted, "Listen here, pretty boy. I don't know how you know my sister but I don't like the idea of you appointing me as a liar. I would appreciate it if you'd leave."

Kai's eyes grew with shock. That can't be coming from Ja Ri's mouth... He wore his poker face again and crossed his arms on his chest, "Show me proof."

Ja Ri rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as well "Who the hell are you to give me orders?"

"You must be lying then," Kai shrugged.

"Believe what you want," Yu Ri was ready to walk out until she felt her wrist get pulled the opposite direction she was headed.

Her eyes met his agitated ones "We weren't done talking!"

"Oh but you two were," a mysterious third voice cuts in. The duo looked at the doorway and witness the blonde fashion and music icon.

"Oppa..." Ja Ri retrieved her arm from Kai's grasp and stood beside G Dragon.

He put his arm around her and stared at Kai right into his eyes, "Don't you go messing around with her, alright? You have no rights here. You're a simple guest who should be taking his leave now."

Kai bit his lip trying not to spit out a remark to him. He nodded and made his way out leaving Ja Ri and GD.

"Thanks so much oppa," Ja Ri exhaled with relief.

GD only chuckled, "You did great, I really thought you were Yu Ri," his smile soon got replaced with a sad one.

Ja Ri noticed and patted his back, "She'll wake up soon, I promise." He only returned her smile and nodded. That night GD offered to drive Ja Ri home and she accepted.


 

 

As they arrived, Ja Ri was ready to climb out the car until he stopped her.

"Do you mind...if I come in?" he spoke quietly.

Ja Ri looked at him for a long time but them the corners of curved upwards, "Sure, let's go."

The two walk in, take the elevator and already here Gaia scratching the door.

"Someone's hungry," Ja Ri laughed and GD just wanted to see the kitten already. They got it and settled their belongings on the nearest couch. Ja Ri immediately kneeled in front of Gaia to pet her soft white fur.

"Hi baby, mommy's home," GD laughed at her greeting. "Ha, what? I haven't seen her almost all day, I missed her," Ja Ri explained.

"No it's okay, I just didn't expect it coming from you. It was...cute," Ja Ri felt her cheeks heat up.

"Time to feed you, Gaia," Ja Ri quickly pick her up and raced to the kitchen. The man only laughed out how cute she was acting.

Ja Ri heated some food she made in the morning and offered a plate to Jiyong. He gladly took it and enjoyed the impressive taste it offered, "You cooked this?"

"Yeah...sorry if it's not fresh...I made it this morning," she explained to him.

"No no it's good. You can cook well," he smiled at her.

"Why, thank you," Ja Ri cheesed and joined him at the table.

They ate as they shared stories they had with Yu Ri. Both of them realized how much they missed her presence, her silliness, her everything.

That night, Ja Ri introduced Jiyong, Yu Ri's bedroom. Her bedroom had gray walls, comfy furniture, a boom box near her twin sized bed and a laptop on a table.

"She doesn't watch tv?" Jiyong asked and it made Ja Ri smile.

"No we only watch it together in the living room. It also saves a lot of energy and money," she grinned.

Jiyong nodded and looked around her bedroom. She had a lot of pictures of her and Yu Ri and then one of the twins with a man and woman who looked like parents.

"Why is there a twin missing in these family photos?" he asked scratching his head.

"Oh um I never participated with family events..." she spoke shyly.

"Oh too cool for that?" Jiyong laughed.

"Not quite...I was never invited to participate in anything with them..." she said feeling sad.

Jiyong eyes grew and his heart soften when he saw her gloomy.

"Well, with you never should worry about not being inviting. You're always invited," he flashed his gummy smile at her which made her happy once again.

"Thank you so much, again Jiyong oppa," she said to him not killing her smile.

That night Jiyong spent the night over and slept on Yu Ri's bed. He was dreaming of Yu Ri and him making love on her bed. Although they never got to that point, he still had that dream. He woke up with morning wood and he was too sleepy and hungry to realize. He followed the trail of scent of food with heavy lidded eyes.

Ja Ri heard footstep come down and saw a sleepy man approaching. She giggled at the view.

"Someone's hung-" her eyes suddenly were captured by her oppa's huge bulge through his boxers. She spun around, not facing him, and blushed.

"Oppa go put some clothes on!" she yelled trying to erase the sight she just witnessed.

Finally he regained full conscious and looked at his lower half. His eyes widened and her zoomed back to the room yelling out apologies towards her.

She shook her head and tried focusing as she placed the food on the table.

Another long day for me. Farewell, my eyes.

 


 


 

Kai has been doing research on the Choi twins. Indeed 'Yu Ri' was telling him the truth. He began to feel like a jerk for the second time. The guilty feeling which these twins only made him feel. All he wanted to do was to apologize to the admirable pretty woman. He only reminisced the moment she defended herself and talked back. Something Ja Ri would never be able to do. It's something that amused him...something that caught his interest.

If Yu Ri is at YG, then Ja Ri is...where?

His thoughts were interrupted when Yoon Jae entered.

She greeted him and approached him, "Oppa how long must I be your dance partner?"

"Why? Are you bored with me already?"

She laughed, "Yeah. I wasn't even suppose to be that girl's replacement. Oh yeah, why did you ask me to fake moan on that night?"

Kai sighed loudly, "I knew that the girl liked me and I couldn't have that. Girl's are only a distraction. That night I had a feeling she would search for me so I acted as if we had something going on. It came to me as you were on the stage. I cornered you for a while and waited her to arrive, which she did. I just needed an excuse to dismiss her. You in a room with only me in it was the perfect hint to make her dislike or hate me," he confessed.

"All that for one girl? Was something really wrong with her? I heard she was the best backup dancer at SM," she said chewing her gum.

He grunted, "I couldn't have her liking me anymore. What if she caught feelings already?"

"Oh ok so ruin her life, make her think you're a jerk and leave her jobless. Nice one, Kai. She seems so innocent and nice yet you do her like that? Wow." Kai knew she was right but he couldn't have that. "You are putting my career on the line too, you know," she reminded him.

He ignored her and began to practice his dancing once again. The only thing he could do to calm his nerves. So Hee quietly observed him from afar wondering about Kai's persona.

He replaced the best dance partner he could have with me. God, he's so dumb. I hope she's doing fine...

 



That same day Kai left early to handle unfinished business. He was going to apologize to Yu Ri for not believing her. However, it was only an excuse to see her. The small brunette somehow managed to interest him more than any other female has.

His eyes were stuck on the exit of the building, waiting for the girl. After 20 or so people entering or exiting the building there she was. Drinking bubble tea with a black duffle bag over her covered body. Her hair was pulled up in a high pony tail. She was walking towards the corner of the street. Kai, about to exit his car, halted himself when he sees a man jog beside her with a smile plastered on his face.

G Dragon?

They exchanged a couple of laughs before making their way into his car. Kai sighed in frustration, noticing his attempt of speaking with her failed.

Choi Yu Ri...


A week later.

"Bye oppa!"

She smiled once again before running to catch a cab. After 15 minutes of waiting, she grew tired and decided to take the route through the nearest park.

It was a sunny afternoon. There were many couples and children here. She suddenly remembered when Yu Ri and she use go for a jog, this would be the time they would love the most. They felt as if they were running off their problems together. Yu Ri would make jokes and Ja Ri would sing little tunes along the way.

A small smile crept onto her face. Ja Ri wanted to see her sister as soon as she could. Throwing her duffle bag to the back side of her and jogged her way through.

She looked to her side where Yu Ri would usually be. A frown took over her lips. She shook off the sad feeling and began to run.

Yu-Ri...you have it so easy over at YG...I'm so jealous of you...but I'm doing the best as your replacement, arasso? Wait for m-

Her thoughts were interrupted as her body hit against something hard. She bounced of the mystery person and landed onto the pavement.

"Ouch..."

Ja Ri looked up to only see the bright sun blocking the mystery person.

"Yah! Watch where you are going..."

That voice...it has to be...Kai?

She hovered her hands over her eyes to get her answer. Yup it was him...

In a grey hoodie, with big dark sunglasses and a mask. Was he incognito? Ja Ri groaned as she stood up to meet his eyes.

Ja Ri bowed to show her apologies and began to walk away. However, she was interrupted by his sudden rhetorical question.

"So we meet again, Yu Ri?"

She turned her body only to scoff at him, "Sadly, it does. How'd you know? Oh, and what made you finally believe me."

"Ja Ri would usually have this scared look on her face and bow multiple time. Oh, and I have my sources that proved you correct."

Ja Ri clenched her fists tightly but tried smiling it off with a bitter one. "Well, that's nice," once again, she began to walk away but another question stopped her in her tracks. 

"Where's your sister, by the way?"

She sighed, avoiding his eyes, "That is none of your business, she is nothing of yours besides a waste of time."

Kai gritted his teeth in anger, "If anyone is a waste of time, it was her!"

His words were painful but Ja Ri shook it off and smirked, "Don't you dare talk about her! ...good luck finding another young beautiful and determined lady to replace her."

"Already have," he smirked right back.

She laughed out loud,"Alright bring her over, her and I could have a little dance battle, eh?"

He thought about it for awhile,"I don't think she'd be interested."

Ja Ri just laughed at his pathetic excuse, she knew So Hee wasn't much of a dancer. She only shook her head and walked away.

Kai was boiling inside. She couldn't have the last laugh...

"Aye! Why not? Can't we have a battle?"

Ja Ri froze in her spot...she suddenly reminisced the moments she shared alongside him in the dance studio at SM. She could never forget his scent, heat and body's fluency...

Her heart raced but she hid that fact very well with a playful smirk as she turned around nodding her head in approval.

"Thought you'd never ask," she walked towards a empty area on the flat field. Kai smirked and walked behind her.

The two decided to freestyle. Ja Ri was careful to not dance any moves that Kai came up with. She didn't want him to find out, she felt scared. As one did their freestyle, the other did minor trash talk. Kai started and Ja Ri laughed at his silly faces which made him laugh too. Ja Ri began, and Kai teased at how messy her hair was. It was a battle but it seemed more of a date instead. They were laughing with one another. Soon they began giving each other advice on how to do their intended dance better. Ja Ri felt grateful to have experienced this with her former sunbae. Although she still hates the times where he would act like a complete . However, she always admired his love for dance. Kai never thought hanging out with a girl would be this fun. Since he never even thought about doing so. Since little, he thought they were a waste of time and a burdensome distraction. However, to him 'Yu Ri' didn't seem to recognize him as an idol and even wants to help him. Kai felt normal again...with her.

"This was fun,"Kai admitted as he adjusted his mask.

"Surprisingly, you didn't get caught. Nice," Ja Ri .

"Hah, right?"

"Yeah...well, there's somewhere I must go. See you later..."

"Wait, do you really have to go? It's only 8?"

"What?! It was just 5 a few minutes ago!"

Kai smirked,"Time flies when you're enjoying yourself."

Ja Ri rolls her eyes,"Whatever, I have to go."

She began to run off and Kai only looked at her. He was in a small daze before realizing she was long gone.


Crap! Her number...ugh.


 

Gaia was crying by the time Ja Ri entered. She's exhausted from working, to spending time with that jerk and finally to visiting her sister. 


"Omo, sorry baby," she rushed to the cabinet and opened a can of tuna.

"I have to go grocery shopping. In the mean time, eat up," she smiled at the hungry kitten who stuffed itself with tuna.

She plopped herself on to the couch and let out a deep sigh. Then her phone lit up.

           From: Kai
           Hi Ja Ri. I was wondering of you could stop by SM tomorrow.

Ja Ri furrowed her eye brows and then rolled her eyes. Her fingers began to move as she walked into her room.

           To: Kai
           I actually can't. I have officially resigned from SM two days ago. There is that and I also have a job interview tomorrow. I'm sorry.

I refuse to meet that jerk. I don't care who he is!

Kai never thought she'd quit SM, he was quite surprised. However, he only wanted to pursue her for Yu Ri. That idea never crossed Ja Ri's mind and it saved her from another sad moment.

However, spending time with him made her see a whole new side of Kai. The side she wished she could have seen while she worked alongside him. Yeah, he was rude but at times times she would forget that side of him as his playful self was exposed. A smile crept on to her face but it was soon erased as she reminisced that moment she walked in on him with that girl. She rolled her eyes and threw her phone on to the bed. As she turned around to walk to the bathroom, another vibration left her phone.

          From: Ji
          Hope you got home safely! Goodnight and greet Gaia for me. See you at work tomorrow. :)

She smiled at the message and replied with a similar kind response.

After taking a hot shower she went to bed, praying that Yu Ri would wake up. She missed seeing her silly self cruise around the house in her underwear singing to old kpop songs.

I miss you, Yu Ri...