The Kid Without Emotions

Robotronic Turns Into A Loverholic

Taemin POV

Today is the first day of my last year in high school. Still, I made no friends. Oh what, I never even tried to make friends here. No one dares to talk to me because of my unemotional demeanor. My parents' fault anyway. They raised me like a robot: they taught me not to show any emotions. Now, they left me and are buried under the ground, sleeping peacefully while there son here is being miserable. Why did they die so early? I was just 15 when they left me, and I am living with this greedy grandfather of mine's that just treats me as the future heir of the company we have. I am just 18 for now. What is the purpose of living with luxury and having the riches in this world if I am unhappy and without affection? Oh, what am I saying, I don't need any friends. When I befriended someone way abck in my childhood days, I thought I just find the one that really cares for me but I was wrong; he just used me and my money to get his selfish needs. What if that will happen again? My parents used to tell me, "They will just be out for your money, not you." They were right. I kinda understand them but still, I can't avoid feeling hatred for them and the world everytime I am thinking of those moments. My thoughts were cut on the spot when I heard the classroom door open.

"Good morning seonsaengnim!" my classmates greeted our class adviser happily except me, but the teachers got used to it already.

The teacher began with a smile on her face, "Today, you will be having a new classmate. Please enter now."

As the door opened, I saw a male student walk in with confidence in his aura, unlike the usual transferee student that are all just shy.

"Hi," he began with a bow, then a smile on his face later on, "my name is Kim Jonghyun, and I am 21 years old. Please treat me nicely!"

21? So that is why he looks matured than us... wait... 21 YEARS OLD?! HE SHOULD BE IN 3RD YEAR COLLEGE ALREADY!

"Oh oppa," Krystal, one of my classmates, raised her hand and asked the said student, "why are you older than us?"

Instead of being intimidated and embarassed, he answered with a smile, "Just because I studied later than all of you. We used to have no money for me to study but well, my parents went abroad so we have money now." OMG. WTH? He was poor, and now he is studying at our prestigious school? Can he survive here? This school is for rich people only, and I think the students won't just accept him easily.

"We are glad to have you here, Jonghyun hyung." Onew, our class president, shook hands with him. As I turned my head around the room, I saw smiling faces. Every single smile is genuine, and they stared with admiration to Jonghyun. Huh? Is that because he was poor then he became rich? Or is it because of his friendly demeanor?

"You shall sit beside Lee Taemin." seonsaengnim said as she pointed at the empty chair beside me. OH DAMN IT.

He walked at the chair and as he sat down, he stared at me with those big, doe eyes and smiled. "Hi! I am Kim Jonghyun." He grinned as he reached out his hand for a handshake.

"I know." I answered plainly without even turning my head to his direction. I hate his presence. He keeps on smiling. He does not even frown even I just ignored him.

"Tae, you should know how to welcome a new classmate." his seatmate said at me. "Shut up, Jaejoong." I snorted as I proceeded to taking down notes.

"Don't bother about him, Taemin has always been grumpy." I heard Yuri who is behind me say to Jonghyun.

End of POV

Jonghyun POV

I am honestly surprised how I was welcomed by the students and teachers here. They are friendly even they are rich, the opposite of what I am watching on TV dramas, where the rich ones take advantage of the poor. They are just a few things that creeps me out. One, the guy on the front of the class who stares at me lovingly,

"Kim Heechul!" the teacher yelled at him, "I am here at the front! Focus on me, nor on Jonghyun-sshi." I am relieved now. I am straight okay?

Back to the real topic. The people here knows how to smile, except this one beside me. Taemin. Lee Taemin. He lacks the fun in life as I can see. He doesn't even speak or say a word in the whole 1 hour in this class.

"Aren't you going out for break?" I asked him as we are the only people in the classroom now.

"If you are trying to befriend me, stop it. You can't get anything good from me." He quietly said as he went out of the room.

What is with him? He even showed no emotions of irritation when he said those words. He looks like a doll, a cute one, without any expression. Is he from outer space? He looks like an ice prince, or princess, because of his long, tied hair. I also observed the other were fidgeting when they come near him.

Later on, I was walking with my new-made friends: Oneq, Yunho, Yesung, Donghae, Jiyong and Daesung, past the hallway, when we heard a loud voice from the faculty members' office, then we peeked in.

"How many times should I tell you that boys here are required to have short haircuts!?" the principal is yelling at a student who just stared at him without any expression. Wait, is that Taemin? The teachers around grew quiet.

"Don't even wait for me to cut that precious hair of yours." he said at Taemin who still has a straight face on. He doesn't even show any fear or anger?

"When will Taemin change? He should just cut his hair." Yesung, who is peeking through the door sighed. Then after a few seconds, we heard gasps form inside. As we peeped through the ajar door, we are shocked as we saw Taemin grabbing a pair of scissors from a teacher, and what surprised me the most is when he pulled out the band that holds his tied hair in place and cut it, not the band, but the hair itself, unmindful of the uneven length; some strands fell above his chin while some reached his neck.

"Happy?" he sarcastically remarked to them as he stomped to the door. "Get out of my way." he told us who is still at the door, but some of us are too stunned to even make a move. Then he shouted, "Get out of my way, I said!" Then our bodies moved involuntarily and made way for him to pass. This kid is very bold in my opinion.

"What is with him?" I asked the question the thousandth time of the day. 

"Taemin has been like that ever since." Jiyong sighed. "All of us," Yunho pointed at the others, "were all here since grade school years, and Taemin was our classmate since. As I heard, his parents always told him not to befriend others and show no emotions. He is the heir of the biggest and chocolate company here in Seoul." "And when he did, the so-called friend just used his money." Donghae added.

"Oh." is all that came from my mouth.

"He only shows emotions, the angry ones, to the school diva, his archenemy." Daesung remarked. "Who is the school diva?" I asked.

"Here he is!" Onew pointed somewhere and we turned our heads there. "Kim Kibum, more known as Key, of Year 3-B."

End of POV

Taemin POV

As I am trudging my way to the classroom, to hide my undeniably crazy look because of my hair, someone bumped into me. It is him.

"Look who's there." Key smirked as he stared at me, and my hair. And behind him is his so-called friend, but would be more appropriate to be called his personal assistant, Choi Minho, who is carrying Key's things. Sometimes, I can't understand why is he letting himself be used by this b*tch. He gets nothing from him anyway.

"Get out of my way." I snarled and walked pass Key, not wanting any arguement for I am not in the mood, but he suddenly pulled me by the hair. "No one dares to just ignore me!" He yelled, hysteria in his voice.

"Let got of me." I said in a quiet and calm tone, but he yanked it tighter. "I had enough for today, Kim Kibum!" I let out a shrill scream and yanked his hair.

End of POV

"A-aigoo, here we go again!" Yesung frantically ran to the two fighting students. The whole hallway watched the two fight while some of their classmates tried their best to stop them.

"THIS B*TCH!" Key yelled as he slapped Taemin who is underneath him many times.

"You are the one who started this!" Taemin pulled him by the hair tighter, resisting himself to scratch the other's face.

"What is happening here!?" thw principal shouted, "Kim Kibum, Lee Taemin, at my office, now!"

 

"Why are the two of you always fighting!?" the principal interjected at them. "And for Christ's sake, it is the first day of class and you made a commotion! What will the new students say, that our school, despite having rich students, have no poise and are war freaks!?"

"Mr. Choi, h-he j-just yanked m-my hair a-all of a sudde-den!" Key stuttuered as he shed crocodile tears.

"Liars go to hell, dear." Principal Choi snorted.

"Mr Choi." A voice was heard from the door.

"Come in." Principal Siwon Choi said calmly.

Taemin would have to admit that he was surprised to see Jonghyun coming in, with a cellphone at hand.

"Why did you come here?" Taemin asked, quite sure of the reason Jonghyun is there.

"I saw Key-sshi attack you all of a sudden," he said with a serious tone, and handed the cellphone to Principal Choi and played the video.

Key bit his lips as he glared at Jonghyun, who just stood there, showing a smugly grin to Taemin who is trying his best to hide his surprised expression.

"I see what you did is only self-defense." Principal Choi furrowed his eyebrows, "I will let this pass for you Taemin. You can go now. Jonghyun, thank you. Key, stay here."

As they went out, they heard screams from inside that only true divas can make.

"Are you okay?" Jonghyun asked as he looked at Taemin. "What do you think?" Taemin sighed as he grabbed a handful of his falling hair.

"Aigoo, your hair." Jonghyun frowned as he touched Taemin's hair, some strands coming with his hand.

"I can do this." Taemin said as he turned and went to the comfort room.

"I hope he is really fine." Jonghyun said as he stared at the door of the comfort room. "I hope I can understand him."