17 - Advantage

Acid Teochii

December 24th 2014

Christmas Eve, one of the only days of the year that Ace Entertainment had guaranteed they’d get off from work every year. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the member’s birthday, they were always given the option of a day off.

Of course, there were other opportunities to have breaks and days free from schedule, but Ace had made sure they knew that they were always welcome to take those three specific days off if they wanted, to go home and spend it with their families. They would never book a schedule on those days unless it was requested by the idols themselves, and made sure that they got time to themselves.

All in all, Acid Teochii knew they’d dodged a bullet and gotten into a good company. They knew that CEO Lee Hak-Kun didn’t really care what people thought of the company. He cared about getting good music out into the world and treating his idols like they were human beings. If they wanted to date? Great, good for them! Hyo decided that he couldn’t deal with the pressure of being an idol and broke his contract? Well, CEO Lee hadn’t even sued him for the breach of contract, he just wished Hyo well and told him he was free to come back when he was feeling better if he wished. An idol wasn’t feeling well and was too tired to complete their schedule? Oh well, rest up and try twice as hard to catch up when they got back!

CEO Lee was a strict boss for them all, he wanted them to do their very best, but it was no secret that he was gentle and kind too. He looked out for his idols as though they were his own children, and he wasn’t afraid of stepping over the boundary between the norm and the weird.

However, despite the option to go home to their relatives in their home countries or cities, all 10 members of Acid Teochii had decided to stay in the dorm and celebrate their first Christmas together as their own little dysfunctional family.

Hanni and Vann had been slaving in the kitchen all day, preparing Christmas dinner for the next day. Hanni was determined that nothing would be left out, so they had both woken at 6 in the morning in order to begin. They were making sweet potato noodles, rice cake soup and bulgogi, all of which Hanni was specialised in preparing, and they’d gotten hold of some special Kimchi to commemorate the occasion. Vann had insisted as well that the members experience the traditional Christmas dinner from western countries, so he was helping Hanni prepare a large turkey and potatoes, several different types of vegetables, sausages wrapped in bacon, Yorkshire puddings and a stock for the gravy.

It was safe to say that they’d have more than enough food for all the members.

Hope and Jin had spent the majority of the day putting Christmas decorations around the dorm, surrounding the windows in little twinkling fairy lights, dangling stars and mistletoe from the ceiling, while Yuuki and Ae-Cha worked together to get the Christmas tree secured and decorated in the corner of the room, behind their television.

“Guys?” Myung called as he popped his head through the front door of the dorm, a large smile on his face. Myung had been out for the majority of the day, telling the others he’d had important business to attend to. “I have someone I’d like you all to meet.”

Hanni and Vann poked their heads out from the kitchen, looking over at him with a curious gaze while Ae-Cha and Yuuki silenced from where they were arguing over the Christmas tree. Ae-Cha said there was too much tinsel, whereas Yuuki was determined that you could never have too much tinsel, similar with the fact you could never have too much glitter! Jin looked over from where he was securing a piece of mistletoe, and Hope walked from the bedroom he’d been decorating. Sherlock was dozing on the couch, his long, messy amber hair hiding his closed eyes while Watson jumped around the side of him excitedly, curious as to what the new smell was. Cho had been in the girl’s room, applying fairy lights everywhere.

“What’s up, Myung?” Hanni asked, walking over to shake Sherlock awake.

Myung stepped out of the way, making a path for the boy behind him to walk into the dorm. A taller male walked in, although he was only an inch or two taller than Myung himself, and he was well built, much more muscular than anyone in Acid Teochii was.

“This is Yoongi,” Myung smiled, leaning slightly on the other male. “He’s my boyfriend.”

The whole room exploded into congratulations and questions.

“Boyfriend?!”

“Why didn’t you tell us?!”

“I’m so happy for you!”

“How long have you two been together?”

“How did you meet?!”

“Aww that’s so sweet!”

Myung grinned like a Cheshire cat, chuckling a little at everyone’s insistent questions. “Alright, alright, calm down. I’ll explain everything in a while, okay? Do you mind if he stays with us for today? I’ll keep him in check, don’t worry!”

Vann grinned at their young leader, nodding. “Of course he can stay.” He walked over, putting a hand out for Yoongi. “Please make yourself at home, Yoongi-ah. I’m Vann, it’s a pleasure to meet you!”

Yoongi smiled, shaking the hand that Vann offered. “Lovely to meet you, I’ve heard so much about you and the rest of the group. It’s great to finally meet you all.”

Hanni smiled in response. “Well I don’t mean to be rude, but Vann and I really do need to get back to dinner preparation. But you’re free to come and join us if you get bored of the other members! Come on, Vann!” The mother of the group grabbed their eldest’s upper arm, pulling him out of the main room back into the kitchen.

Myung laughed slightly at his friends’ antics, before sitting himself down on the couch beside a still half-asleep Sherlock. “Sherlock-hyung, go play with Watson and wake up a bit, okay? You look practically dead right now!”

“Thanks, Myung-ah, much appreciated…” Sherlock sighed before standing, walking over to where Watson had begun chasing Jin around and sitting on the floor, clicking his tongue to get the hyper dog’s attention.  Cho walked over, sitting beside him with a smile as Watson happily bounded over to them, jumping onto Sherlock’s chest to at his face.

“Guys,” Yuuki sang, getting everyone’s attention. “Sherlock and Cho are sat under the mistletoe together.”

“W-what?” Cho stuttered, quickly looking above her to see a little tuft of mistletoe hanging right above their heads. Instantly, blood rushed to her cheeks, while her hands, hidden by the long sleeves of a Christmas jumper, jumped up to hide the obvious blush.

“I-is he telling the truth?” Sherlock leant over, whispering into the girl’s ear. When he felt her hair move against him as she nodded, he gave a small, shy smile. “Well, I suppose we can’t disappoint them, right noona?”

“W-what?” Cho repeated, turning to look at the blind boy beside her just as he pressed his lips into hers. At her shocked splutter(And Yuuki’s wolf whistle), he smiled against her skin, before pulling away and attempting to hide the blush from the others.

The room sat in silence for several seconds, before Cho finally spoke up. “BonHwa, look at me.”

“I’m sorry,” He replied quietly, hiding his face in a confused Watson’s fur.

“No, look at me.” She coaxed, putting her fingers below his chin and pulling his head up. The younger boy looked nervous, worried about her reaction to his sudden kiss. His eyes, despite being sightless anyway, avoided her gaze. She smiled slightly at how shy the boy had gotten after he had been so brash and confident just moments ago. “Calm down.” She told him, before leaning in and gently pressing her lips to his own this time, only for a split second, before she pulled away and rested her forehead on his.

Marco grinned from where he sat by the television, his hands clasped around an Xbox 360 controller. “Finally, you two stopped dancing around each other.”

“We were not dancing around each other!” Cho shot back, her face once again colouring bright red.

“Oh please, you two have been flirting since day one.”

“Have not,” Cho huffed, leaning her face to hide in Sherlock’s chest.

“Have too!” Hanni called from the kitchen.

“You stay out of this!” Cho yelled back, her face currently resembling the colour of the tomatoes in their fridge.

“Now that those two are finally together,” Yuuki cut in, easily stopping the growing argument before it could happen. Yoongi looked awkward enough as it was, without an argument blowing up at their first meeting. Of course, Yuuki had things up his sleeves to quell the awkwardness and make him feel right at home.

“Anyone up for some strip poker?”

“Go to hell, Yuuki.”

“Already there, Ae-Cha my dear.” Yuuki grinned, earning a pillow being thrown at his face from the irate, brightly haired girl.

Yoongi leaned over to Myung, who sat beside him, gently massaging some bruises on his left wrist. “Are they always like this?” He asked quietly, eyes not leaving the boisterous pair.

“Pretty much,” Myung replied with a smile, Jin coming to sit beside them. “They always have been, if they’re arguing, you know they’re fine, it’s when they’re quiet that you have to worry about them.”

“Worry about them?”

“Ae-Cha and Yuuki have both had some problems recently, it’s a long story.” Myung saw Yoongi’s eyes narrow a little at his reluctance to tell what was going on. “Basically,” He continued, dropping his gaze to the floor in thought. “Yuuki’s been having some confidence issues and Ae-Cha misses her brother who went missing a while ago, they’ve been seeking comfort in each other, they’re happy when they’re teasing each other.”

“I see,” Yoongi mused, letting his face fall back into a simple, gentle smile as he turned over to Jin, putting out his hand. “Hi there, I’m Choi Yoongi, pleased to meet you.”

Jin smiled back, although Myung noticed it was a little forced, nothing like his soothing smile usually is. “Yoon Jin, lovely to meet my friend’s boyfriend. You treat him well, you hear?”

“Of course.”

------

So... turns out I'm more or less posting as I go, at least until I get to a large plot point that's coming up. This is mainly because XenexianAG is posting as she goes and, since our stories are so closely linked, her characters are going to be reacting to my plotpoint

and if I haven't posted the chapter in which it happens yet, people who read both our stories are going to be spoiled...

SO expect quite quick updates! I'm currently posting this from London, but I come back home today anyway...

I hope you liked the happy fluffy Christmas chapter! CHOLOCK IS FINALLY UPON US