31 - Online

Acid Teochii

Getting back to the happier stuff now! Yay!

---

 

March 3rd 2015

Social media; the place where idols could branch out and establish a proper connection with their fans, a place in which they were able to express themselves, show fans a glimpse into their daily lives…

Not all of Acid Teochii had branched out into social media yet. Hope, Hanni and Jin all had instagram accounts, and Myung had a twitter that he very rarely used, and Vann himself had a facebook account that he used to keep in touch with his friend’s from America…  but that was about as far as it stretched for the group.

Namjoon had explained to them that idols having social media accounts often boosted their popularity, since the fans felt closer and move in tune with the people they were supporting. Most idols had a twitter, instagram, weibo… maybe even all three. So Vann decided that it was time he did something different to connect with his fans.

“I want to make a Youtube account.” Vann told Namjoon, leaning against the kitchen counter and crossing his arms.

“…Okay?” Namjoon asked with a frown. “Explain what you mean…”

“I mean I feel as though some international fans are sometimes left out, idols so often tweet in Korean, which a lot of international fans can’t understand. Sure, there are often translations posted, but that’s never as…personal. So I was thinking… I might make a Youtube channel, put vlogs and challenges up, get to know our fans and have them get to know us… and have the entire channel in English. I could have Myung on there a lot with me, since both of us have English as our first language… it’d be a way for us to connect to the fans who don’t speak Korean.”

Namjoon grinned, his eyes alight with excitement. “Vann, that might be the best idea you’ve ever had! That way, people would be able to get a peek into idol life, they’d get to know you and the other members who appear on the channel, they’d have an idea of who you all really are… it’ll create a more personal connection between us and the Rattlesnakes out there. Vann you’re brilliant!”

Vann just smiled in response, nodding his head. “I know, I know. I’m going to talk to Myung about it, but I wanted to check with you first since you’re our manager and what you say goes. I kind of want Myung to be a main part of it… after all he’s slowly beginning to relax now that he’s not leader anymore. Maybe being a part of something productive that will actually help the group will help him to recover from the stress even quicker.”

“Vann this is amazing. We’ll sort it out later, okay? The teaser pictures are about to go live.”

Vann paled.

“Teaser pictures? What teaser pictures?”

Namjoon frowned. “The teaser pictures for Antidote and Viral? You know, the sub unit for which you filmed the music video for yesterday? Don’t tell me you forgot already!”

“No, no, I didn’t forget about filming it yesterday… I just wasn’t expecting the teasers to be going up so soon, that’s all.”

“You had them taken months ago, it’s about due they went out to the public after all. Today, we’re teasing them with the images, and tomorrow the sub units will be announced publicly for everyone… I was thinking maybe, if Myung agrees, you two can do an introduction to the channel, then tomorrow talk about the teasers? Show that the channel will be personal, but still about Acid Teochii as a whole… this will make them confirm the connection in their minds.”

Vann nodded, pushing himself off the counter as Hanni hurried into the room. “OUT OUT OUT!” Hanni demanded, causing Vann and Namjoon to frown.

“Hanni, what’s wrong?” The manager questioned.

“Out out out!” Hanni continued. “I have to bake!”

“Bake?” Vann asked. “Why are you baking?”

“Because reasons and things! OUT!”

“Okay okay! I’m going I’m going!” Vann put his hands up, surrendering to Hanni’s wrath as he grabbed his manager, pulling him out of the kitchen while Hanni started hurrying around and gathering ingredients. “I swear that kid’s so strange..”

“I heard that!”

Namjoon laughed slightly at the two, before sitting on the couch and pulling his laptop out of it’s case, quickly logging in. “Let’s set this account up while we think about it.”

-----

An hour later, Vann’s very own youtube account was set up. Namjoon was sat at the laptop, waiting for the teaser pictures to be posted so he can make sure that everything was going to run smoothly…

While Vann and Myung were at the big department store. This time, to hide his bright hair, Myung had put a black wig on as a disguise. They searched up and down the ailes with a shopping trolley, Myung bouncing happily as they did so.

“I always wanted to be a Youtuber!” He exclaimed while grabbing a good quality video camera box from the shelf, smiling at the member of staff who looked at him strangely. “This is going to be so much fun! We can help the people who don’t know Korean very well, we can talk about our experiences moving here… gah, Vann this is going to be amazing!”

Vann smiled slightly at the younger’s actions. “Calm down,” He sighed while putting a tripod in the basket next to the empty camera box. “You’re going to draw attention to us.”

Myung just grinned and continued to bounce while Vann got a member of staff to help him get box lights for his filming area.

Myung was right though, Vann couldn’t deny it. Being able to connect with their fans in such a way was going to be amazing.

-------

“Hey,” Vann said nervously, staring into the camera lense. Namjoon had gotten the area all set up in record time, testing the sound and the lighting without a problem before showing Vann how to actually use the camera, then he left him to it.

Myung gave him a thumb up from behind the camera, where he was monitoring the recording.

“I’d like to invite you to my Youtube channel! If you don’t know, my name is Lee Dong-Sun, but most people will probably know me as Vann. I am part of the Korean boy group Acid Teochii, the oldest member to be precise, and I actually come from the USA. My mother is American, and my father is Korean… I decided to make this channel to let you all into my life.”

“On this channel, I plan to post things like… daily vlogs, maybe challenges you guys set me, rants… stuff like that. I want this to be personal… However, one person will be with me a lot. You’ll most likely see all of Acid Teochii in my videos quite often, but these videos will be aimed towards our international audiences, the ones of you who struggle with Korean… all of these videos will be in English. Because of this, I have this dear person to co-star in them with me.” Vann looked up to Myung, beckoning him forward.

He did as he was told, stepping into frame. “Hi everyone! My name is Myung Paul, I’m from England - London to be precise!” Vann grinned.

“If you have any recommendations of what you want us to do, let us know, okay? I have some ideas… I kind of want to do the Zombie Invasion Tag, maybe the Cinnamon challenge… and I’ve decided I’m going to eat some Korean food on camera for you guys, my opinions on the food I have to put up with coming from a western country… the food here is a lot different, and I’m very picky about what I eat.” Vann grinned into the camera, feeling himself become more and more comfortable as he went along. “Hanni really doesn’t like how picky I am, but hey, it gives him a challenge, right?”

“Oh! I also thought that I’ll get some proper western food next time I’m in England and we can get one of the group who isn’t used to western food to eat it! That way, we can all know each other’s preferences!”

Vann nodded slightly. “Exactly. Now… Let me know what you guys think about this, okay? I’ll be putting Korean subtitles on the video for those of you who speak Korean and not English who still want to watch our videos, I’ll see if I can get Jin and Marco’s help to get Chinese subtitles too… just put the CC button in the bottom corner on and choose to have the subtitles on!” Vann and Myung bowed low to the camera. “Thank you, please treat us well!”

Myung hurried forward, turning off the camera and jumping on the spot. “We actually did it! Quick, let’s edit and post it!”

Vann sighed slightly, rubbing at his face. “You don’t think it was too awkward, do you?”

“No! Everyone’s first video is awkward, people aren’t used to talking to themselves in such a way. You did brilliantly! It was so nice to hear English again too, we don’t communicate in nearly enough English.”

Vann walked over, checking the video file. “I think the last time we did was when you were hooked up on drugs in the hospital after being shot.” He chuckled slightly, sitting down while opening the file in his editing program. “You were adamant you were talking in Korean despite the fact Namjoon had told you several times that he didn’t know what you were saying."

“Shhhh,” Myung hushed. “I wasn’t very well then, don’t bully the person with a scar.”

Vann grinned at him before starting to edit the video.