11 - Possession

Acid Teochii

August 20th 2014

10 days after Myung was shot while recording one of their comeback stages, he was allowed back to the dorm under the understanding that he was not to move around too much.

Without Myung’s happy and excitable outlook on life keeping them sane, the group had once again found their way to each other’s throats. They were unhappy as it was due to having to perform without their loveable leader, but the amount of articles that had appeared on the internet about the matter wasn’t helping the stress. They could hardly leave their dorm without news reporters and fans crowding them, trying to get news on Myung or trying to get interviews on their perspective on the matter.

None of them particularly wanted to talk about it.

Namjoon had come back after a week and told them that Myung wanted them to know something serious, something that he didn’t feel strong or confident enough to tell them himself. It was then, on August 15th,  that their manager let the remaining 9 members, barring Vann who already knew, that Myung had come out as homoual.

The response had been better than expected if Namjoon was being honest. Marco and Hyo shared a few awkward looks, Ae-Cha had loudly let everyone know that she didn’t care who Myung loved, he was still Myung. Yuuki had simply shrugged and gone back to applying his makeup while Jin had just let a small smile slip, but kept any comments to himself. Sherlock had looked slightly uncomfortable, but after Cho had later pulled him aside and had a quiet conversation with him, Sherlock had come back to Namjoon to tell him to let Myung know that he didn’t really care, but questioned if it was rude to ask that PDA was kept to a minimum. Namjoon had smiled and ruffled Sherlock’s hair, telling him that he’d let Myung know his wishes. Hanni, however, had the biggest grin on his face imaginable. He’d put down his phone from where he’d obviously been texting his beloved girlfriend, and had practically thrown himself onto their manager, exclaiming how “he knew it” and that his “gaydar was never wrong”. Hope had simply given a small nod and asked the question none of the others had thought to.

“Is that why he was targeted?”

Namjoon shook his head. “No, we don’t believe so. No-one but the CEO of ACE, Myung himself and I knew about his uality…and apparently Vann and Hanni knew too, but that isn’t the point. The point is that we believe that Myung was targeted because of Acid Teochii’s debut single being about homouality, which is why Myung felt as though he had to let the rest of you know about himself. He was targeted for a song he didn’t even write. Therefore, I’m begging you all to be careful with where you go. Don’t let anything out about Myung’s uality. Not on the internet, to fans, to fellow idols,” Namjoon gave Hanni a look at that comment, the younger curling in on himself a little in embarrassment. “No-one. This can’t get out or he’ll get in a lot of trouble.”

“But why was Myung in particular targeted? We were all on the stage.” Marco asked with a small frown.

“Because he’s the leader is what we’re guessing. Don’t mention that to Vann, though. He’s already feeling very guilty and doesn’t like leaving Myung alone in the hospital. I think he feels as though, if he hadn’t turned down the leader role, it would be him in the bed, not Myung. Just…they’ll be back in a few days, so be gentle with both of them.”

On August 18th, Myung was back at home on strict bed rest. Tensions were even higher with Vann being snappy and irritable at the slightest noise when Myung was trying to sleep.

So, when a member of the group finally snapped into a fit of rage, it wasn’t really surprising for anyone.

“For ’s sake, Bon-hwa, will you shut that dog up? He’s irritating!” Hyo huffed from the couch as Watson came running over to where Sherlock was sitting on the floor, fingertips running over the Braille in front of him. He’d been reading his Sherlock Holmes book again.

Sherlock sighed, putting the book down and carefully getting to his feet. “He was just coming to tell me that it’s time for his dinner, Hyo. No need to be so snappy.” As he spoke, Sherlock rubbed Watson’s head in thanks, slipping the dog a treat as a reward.

“I don’t care what he was doing. The thing is loud and I’m trying to concentrate.”

“He isn’t a ‘thing’, Watson has been a great help to me.” Sherlock’s fist tightened by his side in anger. He’d grown very protective of the pup the past few months. “Without him, you’d be tripping over my cane all the time and complaining about that too.”

“What are you trying to say? Spit it out then.”

“I’m trying to say that you’re always snapping at me! What have I ever done to you? I do my best to learn the dances despite not being able to see the movements, I learn the songs by ear without being able to read the lyrics for myself, in a language that isn’t my first. I do everything I can to help around the dorm. Nothing I ever do is good enough for you!”

“Because you’re a liability, Sherlock! You get in the way, you make it so we take longer to learn songs and choreography, you’re not even that good of a vocalist! Face it, you’re just a filler in the group. A member to give us a bigger number and a sob story.”

The whole room fell into silence for several moments before Cho hurried to Sherlock’s side, grabbing his arm and pulling him away from the living area, muttering to him below her breath as she did so while giving Hyo the harshest glare any of them had seen from the small, gentle girl. Watson hurried after them, snarling at Hyo as he went past, before whining and yipping worriedly as Cho took Sherlock into the kitchen.

Marco was the first of the other members to break the silence, slowly getting to his feet and walking to his best friend’s side. “Hyo-ah… don’t you think that was a little uncalled for? He did nothing wrong for you to snap at him like that…”

Hyo quickly turned to face the redhead, his dark eyes alight with anger. “You’re turning on me too now, Hyun-ki? I thought I could trust you!”

Marco flinched a little, not used to Hyo raising his voice or using his given name. “N-no, that’s not it at all! I’m not turning against you and you can trust me!”

“You just did! As I’ve said several times, I just told him the truth.”

It was now that Hanni stormed into the room, still wearing an apron for cooking their dinner. His half shaved hair was pulled up into a hairband on the top of his head, he would have looked laughable if it wasn’t for the purely furious look on his face. “Lee Hyo, what the hell have you said to Sherlock? He’s sat in the kitchen sobbing his heart out to Cho who’s close to tears herself.”

“I said nothing that isn’t the truth.” Hyo insisted, folding his arms and turning away from the protective member of the group.

“What the hell is stuck up your right now? Stop being so horrible! Sherlock has done nothing to you and this entire time we’ve been living together you’ve been awful to him any chance you get! This needs to stop, Hyo!”

“Oh go cry to your girlfriend.” Hyo scoffed, reaching his hands behind his head to tighten his ponytail.

“You leave Jimin out of this. I don’t even know how you know about her!”

“Namjoon has made it quite obvious you’re seeing someone outside of the company. I’m hurt that you didn’t tell me.”

“I didn’t tell you, Hyo, because I don’t trust you. Why should I trust you? Sherlock is a great friend of mine, he’s self conscious enough without you pointing out everything bad about him you can. Either stop being such an , or get out.”

The room went into silence again, Hyo and Hanni just stood glaring at each other.

“You don’t have that authority, Hanyeul.” Hyo hissed, before turning and storming off to the bedroom he shared with Marco and Jin, slamming the door behind him.

Hanni groaned with frustration before heading back into the kitchen to check on the two more emotional members of the group.

Hope slowly stood, walking over to where Marco still stood, shocked at his best friend. He didn’t understand why Hyo was being the way he was, all of them were worked up with the stress of the comeback and their leader being hurt, but none of that was Sherlock’s fault. Hope gave him a small smile. “Marco, go check on him. Calm him down, okay? We don’t know what’s on his mind, but you’re the best bet of getting it out of him…”

“Yeah, and give him a good punch from me, okay?” Yuuki piped in, earning an elbow to the ribs from Ae-Cha.

“Yuuki, really not the time.” Hope scolded before turning back to Marco. “I’m sure he didn’t mean to snap at you, go and see him, okay?”

Marco nodded a little, before making his way to their shared bedroom and trying to enter, only to find that the older had locked him out. He sighed lightly, turning and sliding down the wood with his back. “Hyo, I know you can hear me.” Marco started in Chinese, hoping to grab the other’s attention. “Let me in, please? I didn’t mean to turn on you, I promise. I want to apologise to you. Please let me in?”

After a few moments of silence, Marco heard the telltale click of the lock being turned, allowing him access to the room. Scrambling to his feet, Marco hurried in, finding Hyo curled up on his bed with his back to him. The redhead sighed again, rubbing at his eyes. He wasn’t wearing his green contacts today, it felt strange for him not to be. “Hyo…I’m sorry. I’m worried about you…you’ve been snappier than usual recently. Is something wrong?”

Hyo sniffed lightly, but didn’t respond. Marco felt his heart twist at the realisation that Hyo was crying. Slowly but surely, he made his way over to his best friend’s bed, sitting beside his turned back and resting a hand on his shoulder. “You can tell me, you know…”

“I feel threatened.” Hyo finally whispered. Marco’s brow furrowed in confusion.

“What?”

“Sherlock is blind. He’s blind yet he’s a better dancer than me. He’s a better singer than me. Hell, he even looks better than me most of the time. It’s not fair. I’ve trained my whole life for this and I’m being overshadowed by someone who can’t even see and should be terrible at dancing. But he’s not and I hate him for it. I shouldn’t hate him, I know, but…I’ve always been the one who was good at dancing. The entire time we were training for this, I was top of the class. All through school, I was the best dancer they knew… now he’s overshadowing me and it just isn’t fair.”

“He isn’t overshadowing you, Hyo. You’re still the best dancer in the group. That’s why you’re lead dancer, remember? You’re doing fine, we’re getting through this. Everyone is stressed and homesick… I know you are too. But you really have to stop snapping at Sherlock. Okay? I really don’t mean to turn on you, as you said, but… it’s going to cause problems with the group as a whole. You don’t have to like him, I’m not asking that…just please stop snapping at him so often? Please?”

After a few moments of silence, Hyo gave a slight nod.

“Now…” Marco continued, walking around to the other side of the bed so he could face Hyo. “Is there anything else on your mind that you want to get out here now?” He asked, giving a small smile to Hyo’s teary, grubby face.

Hyo nodded slightly before sitting up, scooting to the end of the bed to be closer to Marco. Taking a deep breath, he asked. “Why won’t you tell me who it is you like?”

The redhead flinched back slightly, his eyes widening in shock. It wasn’t what he’d been expecting Hyo to ask… but once the realisation hit him, he quickly hid his face to attempt to stop Hyo seeing the flush beginning to cover it.

“B-because it doesn’t matter who I like, really!” He exclaimed, turning to face the floor.

“It matters to me! I told you what’s wrong with me, it’s only fair you tell me the same!”

“It’s you, you big oaf!” Marco cried, before quickly clamping his hands over his mouth.

Hyo froze, eyes wide while staring at Marco, who’s eyes had gathered with tears of fear and embarrassment.

“I didn’t want to tell you because you’re my best friend here in the group and I didn’t want to ruin that…” Marco uttered when Hyo continued to stay silent.

The blonde let out a small sigh, running his long, thin fingers down the scars on his own face. “How? I’m hideous.”

Marco quickly shook his head. “No! You’re not. You could never be. The scars are a part of you, alright? You’re not hideous. Never think that! You’re too hard on yourself, Hyo…”

The redhead heard his best friend simply utter the words “ it,” before lips had crashed onto his own.

But hey, Marco wasn’t going to complain.

-----

There we have it! The next couple in this story has been revealed. What do you think? Did you figure out that Hyo was the person Marco liked??

Once again, this chapter DIDN'T FOLLOW THE PLAN, but hey, it worked itself out...

IMPORTANT: I made a tumblr for Acid Teochii! Here you can read up on the characters, find the chapters, find drawings of them, even some sneak peeks of what's to come! Go check it out here!