Chapter 2

Shattered Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

Myungsoo opened his apartment door. He take of his shoes and  hung his jacket, then walked towards his bedroom as he heard someone’s voice.

 

“Sungjong…Sungjongie. Is that you, baby?”

 

Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he entered his bedroom and found that Sungjong was kneeling on the floor, crying. Myungsoo stepped forward to the younger boy and squatted down quickly in front of him.

 

“Sungjong! Sungjong, baby. What happened, babe?”
“Stop…”
“What? I can’t hear you.”

 

Myungsoo now placed his hands on both of Sungjong’s shoulders. The blonde was still crying when he tried to speak, “Stop calling me with endearments if you don’t really mean it!”

 

“What? What’s wrong with you? Are you angry with me?” Myungsoo backed off a bit, frowning.
“It’s enough, Myungsoo. I don’t need your sympathy anymore. Stop pretending!”
“What do you mean?”
“You…you don’t love me. You never do!”
“I don’t understand, Sungjongie! Tell me what you mean!”

 

Sungjong removed Myungsoo’s hands from his shoulders and stared into the other teenager’s eyes.

 

“This whole time, you’re just feeling pity for me. You never really love me, Myungsoo.”
“Who said that to you?”
“No one. I just figured it out myself. From this…”

 

Sungjong gave the diary to Myungsoo. The older teen’s eyes widened as he received the diary. His diary. 

 

“You…read this?”    

 

Sungjong nodded reluctantly. He wiped his tears and stared back at Myungsoo.

 

“Why, Myungsoo? Why did you do this to me? I really love you.”
“Sungjongie…”

 

Myungsoo put the diary on the floor and then pulled Sungjong’s body into an embrace. He could tell that Sungjong was crying again as he did so.

 

“…I’m sorry, Sungjong. I’m really sorry.”

 

Don’t tell me you’re sorry. For this time only, I just want to hear a lie from you. Tell me that you love me back and this thing is just my imagination. That you never love me…it’s just a lie.

3 months ago…

“Sungjong, I bring some food for you.”
“Myungsoo hyung?”
“Yes, it’s me. Who else?”

 

Myungsoo placed the basket on the bedside table and then sat on the chair beside the bed where Sungjong was lying. 

 

“How are your eyes?”
“I think they’re still recovering. But I’m glad that you’re always here by my side.”

 

Myungsoo merely chuckled as he heard Sungjong’s sentence just now. Then, he helped the other boy to sit.

 

“This thing—” Sungjong pointed at the bandage that covered his eyes, “—is really annoying me. I don’t like it.”
“It has been a week, Sungjongie. Next week, you could open your bandage. Not only that, you could see everything again. Are you happy?”

 

Myungsoo saw the smile on Sungjong’s lips. Then, the younger boy talked again, 

 

“Yes, I am. But…I would feel happier if…”
“If…?”

 

Sungjong shook his head and smiled again.

 

“Nothing. It’s not important.”
“Tell me.”
“No…I told you. It’s nothing.”

 

Myungsoo pouted although he knew that Sungjong couldn’t see him. 

 

“Now I’m laughing with you. But when night comes…I’ll feel scared. I hate this feeling when I’m all alone and you aren’t here for me.“ Myungsoo thought

“uhmm, Sungjong. You like Myungsoo, don’t you?”

 

Sungjong was surprised hearing Sunggyu’s sentence. Without a second thought, he blabbered out to the older  boy, “H-how did you know?!”

 

Sunggyu laughed when he saw Sungjong’s face redden.

 

“Come on, Sungjongie. You’re so easy to tell. I can see it obviously.”
“Is it very obvious?”
“It is,” stated Sunggyu, nodding at him.
“Oh, Sunggyu hyung~ you won’t tell him, will you?”
“Why did you not want me to tell him?”
“I don’t want him to know about this. You know, he’s our best friend. My best friend.”
“So what if he’s our best friend?”
“Hyung, come on…I don’t want to break our friendship just because of my feelings for him.”

 

Sunggyu didn’t say anything. He made an expression as if he was thinking hard.

 

“Please…Sunggyu hyung. Please…” Sungjong was really pleading now.
“…Okay. I’ll keep it secret.”
“Promise?”
“…I promise.”

 

Sunggyu looked at Sungjong’s face and found that the other boy was smiling. It made him smile too.

“Sunggyu?”

 

Sunggyu was taken aback from his short reverie as he heard Woohyun call out his name. He turned his head to the shorter boy beside him.

 

“Y-yes, Woohyun?”
“You were daydreaming. What’s wrong?”
“Eh? Oh, n-no. It’s nothing.”
“Sunggyu~”

 

Sunggyu saw Woohyun pout. He knew that he couldn’t win to that face. He sighed and then he held Woohyun’s hand.

 

“Woohyun, can you keep it secret?”
“What is it about?”
“You know, Sungjong is my best friend. We always have been.”
“Yes, I know that. Then?”
“He…He didn’t tell me, though. I just figured it out myself. He…”
“Yes?”
“He has feelings for Myungsoo.”
“Oh…”

 

Woohyun didn’t know what to say. He only looked into Sunggyu’s eyes as now they had stopped walking. Then, Sunggyu spoke again, “I wonder if…if Myungsoo feels the same for him.”

 

“Why?”
“Because…you know. Lately, Myungsoo seems nicer to Sungjong. I mean, he’s nice of course. But he’ll act different towards Sungjong. I told you, he’s nicer than to the others.”
“You mean, Myungsoo is acting like that because he has the same feelings for Sungjong?”
“Yes.”

 

Woohyun smiled at Sunggyu that made the older teen look confused. 

 

“GyuGyu, you’re so sweet~”
“Hey, what the…?”
“Because you look so sweet when you’re worried about your friends.”

 

Sunggyu blushed deeply. Woohyun then walked again, hand-in-hand with Sunggyu. 

 

“Come on. We’re going to visit Sungjong now.”

“Hey, where’s Sungjong?”

 

Myungsoo turned around and then he saw Hoya enter Sungjong’s room.

 

“Hey, Hoya. The doctor is doing a check up on him now. Maybe he’ll be back in 20 minutes.”
“Oh.”

 

Hoya approached Myungsoo who was tidying up Sungjong’s bed.

 

“Myungsoo, I want to talk to you.”
“Go on. I’m listening.”
“It’s time. You must tell Sungjong the truth.”

 

Myungsoo paused from his current activity as he turned around to face Hoya.

 

“…No. I won’t tell him.”
“Myungsoo, what the hell are you talking about?! You—”
“I said no!”
“But Myungsoo—!”
“Hyung! You heard me! I won’t tell him!”
“But why?”
“I…He’ll be angry with me. I would lose my best friend if I told him the truth. I can’t tell him.”
“Myungsoo. Sooner or later, he’ll know about this.”
“No, if you don’t tell him. I warn you!”
“Myungsoo, it’s wrong! It’s all wrong!!”
“What’s wrong if we didn’t tell him?! What’s wrong i

Please log in to read the full chapter