Chapter 7

Shattered Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What’s wrong with you, Hyung?”
“Eh?”

Hoya looked confused by Myungsoo’s question to him. Why did Myungsoo suddenly ask him that? He was sure he did nothing wrong.

“What do you mean, Myungsoo? I don’t understand.”

Myungsoo sat down on the empty chair in front of Hoya’s seat.

“Listen. You told me that you like him, didn’t you? But now after he confessed his feelings for you, you act like you never had feelings for him.”
“What? Myungsoo, really, I don’t get your point.”

Myungsoo sighed before he continued, “Dongwoo hyung is feeling anxious now. He told me that you seemed unhappy after he confessed to you.”

“No! That’s not entirely true! I believe he misunderstood my attitude that time. Well, you know my father is very strict about my friends. I only refused his offer to walk me home, because I didn’t want my father to consider him a bad guy. That’s all.”

Now was Myungsoo’s turn to look confused.

“Eh? So, it’s just a misunderstanding?”

Hoya nodded. Then, Myungsoo leant back onto his chair and looked unsatisfied.

“Hell...If I knew what the real matter was...He acted as if he had no spirits anymore, do you know that? I thought I just wanted to help him. Because I know what you truly feel about him, Hyung.”

Hoya merely nodded.

“Now, what would you do?”
“What?”
“You know, make things clear with him, perhaps. You must tell him that actually, you really have the same feelings for him.”
“Mm...I guess you’re right.”
“So?”
“...I’ll call him later.”

Myungsoo nodded and returned to his own chair when the teacher entered the class.

***


“You were blindfolded?! Wow! That’s great, Sungjong!”
“Woohyun hyung...!!”

Sungjong had to pinch Woohyun’s arm because he said it aloud. Then, he leant forward to the shorter boy and whispered, “You’re embarrassing me, do you know that?!”

“But, Jongie ...I was saying the truth. Listen, it was your first time. Myungsoo must have done it gently because he didn’t want to hurt you, and you were blindfolded!!”
“What’s the matter with me being blindfolded? Moreover, it was just because my eyes suddenly got a temporary blind, you know.”
“Temporary blind?”

Sungjong gasped and covered his mouth with his palms as he realised that he had slipped out the words unintentionally. Woohyun now looked worried.

“Sungjong, you didn’t tell us anything about your temporary blind.”
“Eh...Forget it, Hyung. I mean I was—”
“Sungjong, tell me.”

Sungjong knew he couldn’t lie to his friends. It was true that he never told them anything about his temporary blind. In fact, he didn’t want them to know. Myungsoo had tried to tell them the first time Sungjong got the temporary blind, but Sungjong prevented him from doing so. 

“Sungjong?”

Sungjong looked at the older boy beside him. He was still hesitating whether he should tell Woohyun or not. 

“I see. If you don’t feel like telling me, it’s okay. I won’t force you to talk.”
“No, Hyung. I’m...”
“Yes?”
“...Well...Sometimes, I get temporary blind. It was only Myungsoo hyung and I who know about my condition. It has happened to me about three times. And the last time, you know, the day when I had with him at night...It last longer than ever.”
“Have you seen the doctor?”
“We have. Myungsoo brought me to the hospital right after it happened. He was so...mad at me.”

Sungjong bowed his head and looked sad. Woohyun then patted his shoulder.

“It’s okay now, Sungjong. I understand why he felt so mad at you that time. It’s just...Next time you suddenly get temporary blind again, make sure you’ll tell him, won’t you?”

Sungjong nodded. The door opened and then Sunggyu appeared.

“Hey, guys!”
“Sunggyu~!!”

Woohyun jumped out to his boyfriend and laughed happily. 

“Woohyun, don’t do that! You’re heavy! I guess I already told you about that.”

Woohyun pouted whilst Sungjong just smiled at the sight. 

“Oh, Sungjong. Where’s Myungsoo?”
“I don’t know. In his class, maybe?”
“Mm...Third graders seem very busy lately. Myungsoo and Hoya don’t have much time to practice with us anymore.”

Sungjong nodded in agreement. He knew that their band rarely practiced lately. Myungsoo and Hoya had indeed been very busy. Sungjong thought that it was impossible for them to practice without their drummer and guitarist. Woohyun finally climbed off Sunggyu’s back.

“Now, let’s just hope that they at least would come here.”
“Yeah.”

At that time, the door opened again and Myungsoo and Hoya appeared.

“Sorry, guys. We’re late.”
“Myungsoo...”

Sungjong smiled and extended his arms to Myungsoo. Myungsoo smiled too and then he hugged the shorter blonde.

“Did you miss me?” asked the dark-haired student in a teasing tone.

Sungjong giggled and released himself from Myungsoo’s embrace.

“What if I said no?”
“Hey, I know you wouldn’t say that.”

Sungjong smiled again and Myungsoo kissed him on the lips. Sungjong responded to the kiss eagerly. Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Hoya who were still there shook their heads in unison.

“Please, God. Get a room, will you?”

Sungjong broke the kiss and smiled sheepishly at Sunggyu. Woohyun then seated himself on the small table beside the windowsill.

“Now that I realise, next week is your 100th day being a couple, right Sungjong?”

Sungjong widened his eyes at Woohyun’s words. He turned his head to Myungsoo to see his lover’s expression. Myungsoo merely smiled at him.

“You’re right, Woohyun.”
“And do you guys have any plan to celebrate it?”

Hoya had taken a seat on the clean floor, joining the conversation. On the other hand, Sunggyu approached his lover and sat next to him.

“Yes, Myungsoo hyung. What will we do?”

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders and then encircled his arm around Sungjong’s waist. 

“Dunno. What do you want to do?”

Sungjong placed his thumb and index finger under his chin, thinking. 

“Mm...Okay, I’ll go to your flat. I’ll cook for you.”
“Eh? I thought you couldn’t cook, Sungjong.”

Sungjong glared at Sunggyu who covered his mouth suddenly and looked so sorry. Sungjong paid him no mind and turned his head to Woohyun.

“You’ll teach me, won’t you, Woohyun? Please...”

Woohyun nodded and smiled, seeing the blonde’s pleading face. Sungjong cheered in excitement after that and threw his arms around Myungsoo’s shoulders.

“Just wait, hone

Please log in to read the full chapter