Chapter 3

Shield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ This chapter was not edited. Please forgive any mistakes. I was too excited to post this } 

 

 

"It's her..." His friend said, only loud enough for Kris to hear. "Does she know?" He asked, to which only Kris shook his head. It hurt Kris to know part of that reason why she doesn't know was because of something that has happened a long time ago.

"Not the best time for her right now... She's been having a hard time at work." Kris replies before looking over his shoulder, looking at Jieun. "But I just can't keep watching her from afar anymore. I had to make myself known somehow. Even if it means we'll be strangers for..." Kris sighs softly, as he continues to look at Jieun longingly. Chanyeol places a hand on Kris's shoulder, giving him a sad smile. There was a little bit of guilt in the pit of Chanyeol's stomach, knowing the he was also a part of both their misery.

Pulling away from Kris, Chanyeol makes his way over to Jieun, with a big smile on his face. "Hi!"  He practically yells, causing Jieun to jump in her place and her hand to fly up to her heart.

"H-Hello.. You nearly gave me a heart attack... Had I been with child, I would have probably lost it.." She mutters the last part before attempting to stand up and greet him properly. But her attempts failed when Chanyeol refused and gently pushed her back down into her seat on the sand. Blinking up at him, a questioning look on her face but this time  slips her arms through the sleeves of of Kris's jacket. While she was putting on his jacket, Kris caught sight of it and a small smiles appears on his face briefly. "Um... Not to be rude or anything, but are you and him friends?" She's asks, pointing towards Kris.

"Who? Kris-hyung? Yeah! We've been friends for a long time! Since we've known each other since we were kids." He nods excitedly, practically reminding Jieun of a hyper puppy. "Park Chanyeol-inmida. It's a pleasure to meet you.....? What is your name?" With a big happy smile on his face, he holds his hand out and tilts his head to the side.

"Lee Jieun-inmida." She smiles and takes his hand in hers, giving him a firm handshake. "You're a lot nicer compared to... What's his name? Kris? Well it's finally nice to put a name to the face..." She grumbled, turning to look at Kris, giving him a hard glare. Chanyeol catches sight of Kris as his face fell and his cheeks tint a little pink, causing him to burst out laughing at his friend.

"Wait, are you the girl who was yelling earlier? The girl who disturbed everyone's peace? Kris's neighbor right?" He laughs, making Jieun flush in embarrassment. "That was you!" He howls, making Kris come up behind him and smacks his shoulder before settling down next to him.

"Stop it. Your embarrassing her." Kris smiles and drifts his gaze back to the ocean. There was a comfortable silence between all three of them, watching the sunset. Starting to feel kind of awkward because she was sitting with strangers, Jieun clears and stands up. But before she could say anything or move, a hand quickly grabs her wrist, "Hey Jieun... I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier. That was rude of me to just leave like that. So I'm sorry about that and for being mean. But it's a pleasure to meet you Jieun." He removes his sunglasses and looks up at her, an apologetic smile on his face that made Jieun feel something weird in her chest.

"I-it's okay... I overreacted anyways... I was just not in a good mood." She nods and carefully slips her wrist out of Kris's hold. "Well I should get going. It's getting dark out. Thank you for letting me borrow your jacket." She nods and slips the jacket off of her and hands it to Kris. Kris blinks and was going to tell her to keep it, but she was quick to shove it into his arms and walk away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter