Chapter 2

Shield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Side note: This chapter was not edited. Forgive me for a few mistakes here and there.

 

Not wanting to stay any more in her room, Jieun got up and changed into some jeans and a simple white shirt and grabbing a jacket. "Hopefully I don't run into that guy. He had me going for a second with his good looks.." She grumbled to herself as she put on her shoes and grabbed her bag. Maybe a walk on the beach would help her forget a little the things back in Seoul. She double checked if she had her things, including her keycard and left her room, making her way down to the elevator. Once inside, she presses the button for the lobby, and pops in her headphones, playing some music. As soon as the doors nearly closed, a hand slips in between and the doors manage to open the door.

Looking up from her phone Jieun looks up, a frown etched it's way on her face. The person who happened to stop the elevator and enter with a teasing smirk on his face was none other than her next door neighbor. Rolling her eyes, she goes back to messing with her phone and trying to calm her racing heart from seeing her hot neighbor.  She had to admit that he looked really good, now that she got to see him up close. Jieun noticed that he was a lot taller than she though too. He practically towered over her, but then again she was rather short compared to other girls her age.

She noticed that he was still smiling and it made her scoot away from him and turned her music up louder. "What a creep..." She grimaces as she thinks to herself. It was only when another person had entered the elevator, that she let out a small sigh of relief. It was too uncomfortable for her to even be in the same place.

As soon as the lobby floor opens up, she darts out of the elevator, not once looking back, afraid to see that guy again. She quickly made her way out of the hotel, putting on her jacket and makes her way towards the beach that the hotel was close to. It wasn't till she hit the sand that she looked back and sighed in relief when she saw that he wasn't following her. She sighs softly and starts walking along the shore line. She kicked off her shoes and held onto them as she steps into the cool water. This is what she loved about the beach,  it was nice and peaceful (when there wasn't anyone else out), and the sound of the waves hitting the sand had a soothing charm to it.

Jieun continued to walk along the beach, staring out blankly as she lets her mind wander to various things. It wasn't till she saw a little boy and girl all alone, playing with each other in the sand that brought her back to her senses and made her stop in her tracks. She smiled softly at the sight before her, marveling at their innocence and how carefree they are. The little boy and girl were building sand castles with each other and Jieun quietly stepped closer to them to hear them more clearly.

Jieun could hear them talk about their dreams for their future, laughing at some joke that was said and the most interesting thing that Jieun heard was their promise to each other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter