Chapter 1

Shield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Here I am, in one of the most beautiful spots here in Korea... And I'm by myself. How lame..." Jieun sighed to herself as she leaned up against the railing of the balcony of her hotel suite. She came to Jeju Island in an attempt to get away from the harsh reality of the earl world. Back in Seoul, all she felt was pressure and stress. Having enough with it all, especially from her nagging boss who refused to recognize all her efforts in the latest project she was trying to do for the company, she packed all her things and got on the earliest flight to Jeju Island.

But maybe it was a bad idea to go alone. Coming here proved to be really lonely, and even more angry. How could you just go on a nice island getaway trip without any company and have to see people with families or significant others? She let out another deep sigh and took in the pretty view that was in front of here. Clear blue skies, the emerald sea and white sandy beaches. It was beautiful.

"Now... Tell me why, a pretty girl like you, is here all by herself?" A deep voice cut in her peaceful silence, snapping Jieun out of her trance. Her brows furrowed, looking for the source of where the voice had come from. "To your left." The voice said, making Jieun flush slightly in embarrassment and also kind of liking how this voice was deep and silky. Jieun looked to her left and set her eyes on one of the most gorgeous men that she has ever laid eyes on. She felt her cheeks redden even more  and bit her lip, a habit she has whenever she was embarrassed. He had blonde hair that was somewhat short and styled up and out of his face, donning a white button up shirt that was ed at the top and exposed a bit of his chest and collarbones. The mere sight of him in an ed shirt, made her blush even more and made her body heat up a little. "You didn't answer me.." Her said, finally turning towards her and facing her.

"I-I.. Um.. Just.. How long have you been there...?" She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter