Chapter 8

Shield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 *Edit: poster made by the lovely LACS from jmvxlacs


“Who knew that horses were actually gentle animals?” Jieun admitted as she walked through the stables, her helmet under her arm. Jieun had already finished changing into her riding gear and was walking around the stables while waiting around for the boys to finish. A few horses had stuck their heads out and had brushed up against her, causing to jump in surprise. They were marvelous animals. But they still terrified her greatly.

 

“There you are! We were all looking for you!” A deep voice called out. When Jieun turned around, it happened to be Chanyeol who had called out for her. She gave him an apologetic smile as she made her way towards him, meeting him halfway.

 

“Sorry about there. It’s just that you guys were taking too long to get ready. So I went on ahead.” She shrugged but smiled. “You guys take much longer than a girl to get ready.” She snickers before running her fingers through her hair. “So this is what you guys do around here…” Jieun trailed off, her eyes looking around the stables.

 

“We hardly ever really do this though. This is more to please our parents and make sure that we are all getting along. Also they just want to always stick with each other.” Chanyeol replied as he led Jieun out of the stables and into the large, open arena where few of the guys were already galloping around with their respective horses.

 

“But don’t get us wrong, we do enjoy being here. Especially when we get to hang out with each other. With the lives that we lead now, it’s not often we all get to see each other all at once. “He adds, leading Jieun to sit down on the bleachers that overlooked the entire area. Jieun pulled out her camera, taking the opportunity to take some shots of Tao, Sehun and Kai riding their horses and jumping over hurdles. She was fairly impressed that the boys knew how to ride, but that is to be expected when they were born on the wealthy side. 

 

“Chanyeol, you go can go on ahead and go down there. I’ll just watch from here. Plus I bet your horse is getting sad that it’s not out there with the rest of its friends.” She says as she pushes Chanyeol back into the stables. “I’ll be fine~ I just really want to be able to get some shots done for work. At least when I return for work, I know what I could work on as my next project.” She added with a smile. Chanyeol hesitated for a moment before nodding and heading back down with a soft sigh.

 

Soon enough, Jieun spotted Chanyeol trotting out to the field, immediately falling in sync with the rest of the boys. She leant up against the railing, holding up the camera and getting a few more shots of the boys. She also took a few shots of the arena itself. But there was on certain person who always came into her lends. A certain tall and blonde-haired man who still look good in his riding gear.

 

There was just something about Kris that seemed so off to her. It’s like there was some magnetic pull between the two of them. But it just wasn’t Kris that she felt that way with. Jieun also felt it with the others too. It was only Kris however, that had a stronger pull towards.

 

The more she looked at Kris, the more her head started to throb. Jieun began to wonder why she always started to feel ill ever since she met Kris and the others. The room started to spin for Jieun, the stronger the pain came to her head. Jieun had to hold onto the railing to balance herself as her hand went up to her forehead. She staggered to sit down, shutting her eyes tightly. All of a sudden, images of a group of children running and laughing with each other, then an image of a couple looking distressed came into her head.

 

Jieun let out a cry of pain as the images became more vivid. Then suddenly, everything became quiet, the pain vanished. When Jieun opened her eyes, she saw that everything was stuck in time. Some of the boys were frozen in mid-air while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter