Chapter 7

Shield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yixing..”

When Jieun said his name, everyone froze, looking at her nervously. How did she even know his real name? Kris also grew even more nervous, wondering if Jieun would remember when she called him Yifan. Lay gave her a small smile and carefully approached her Jieun’s brows knitted together, confused to as how did she even knew that name.

“Um, yes. I’m Zhang Yixing. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Jieun looked up at him and noticed that this guy had a very nice smile that was accented with dimples on his cheeks. Yixing extended his hand out to her, which she shyly took. But the moment that they shook hands, a flash of little boy and girl playing with each other in a small field of flowers through their minds. A little boy with a dimpled smile and a little girl with soft brown hair, smiling back at them.

They both gasped and pulled away as if something burned them, both looking at each other with a confused expression. The others also looked at the both of them with confused looks, trying to figure out what exactly happened.

“Wh-What was that?” Jieun looked up from her hand. She could have sworn that she saw a strange mark appear on her palm but she thought her mind was playing games on her. Lay looked behind Jieun and saw Kris, who was hovering over Jieun. He gave him quick nod to which Kris pulled her to grab attention. “Kris?” She blinked, her brows furrowing.

“Goodnight Ji.” Kris smiles, earning another confused look from Jieun. Lay came up behind her and presses his palm on her forehead, knocking her out. Kris then laid her back down on the matter, pressing his own pal on her forehead. “I’m sorry…” He sighs before turning back to the rest.

“The block on her memories is starting to weaken…” Lay says still looking at his palm.

“How? What happened?” Suho crosses his arms, looking down at the sleeping girl.

“When me and her shook hands just now, some of her memories of me and her together flashed between us.” Lay explained, looking up at Suho. “She even said my real name. I haven’t even introduced myself to her yet. Has she mentioned any other’s names?” Lay asked, tilting his head to the side.

“She called me Yifan once.” Kris spoke up this time; everyone’s  attention turning to him. “When she nearly got into that accident earlier.” He started, chewing on his thumb nail, “Before she fainted, she looked at me and she called me Yifan. The way she looked at me… It was like she was so sure..” Kris shook his head, still trying to accept that she had said his real name. “But I still think that she doesn’t really remember me though..” He admitted, sighing softly.

“Unfortunately I can wipe away memories but I cannot return them.” Lay sighs and sits down next to Jieun. “Whatever my parents did to Jieun, it is a very strong block. This is ancient magic that I haven’t learned from them.” Lay adds.

“At least we know or have some type of idea that she is starting to gain some of her memory back.” Suho nods, crossing his arms. “The only thing we should be cautious about, is how she’s going to react once she figures out the truth.” He adds, a cold shiver running down all their spines.

“Look.. I know.. It’s difficult to accept that she’s actually here with us again. We were little kids when the clans decided to go up against the Lee family. So because of that, we’ve grown up to think that Jieun is the bad person here. But I’ve been keeping my eye on her for a long time and honestly, she poses no threat.” Kris said, looking down at the sleeping girl. “And it Is NOT because I’ve been madly in love with her.” He blushes as everyone gave him a knowing look.

“Oh, so you DO admit that you’re madly in love with her.” Chen smirks, only making Kris blush even more.

“That’s not the point!” Kris snapped back, only earing more grins and chuckles from the others.

“Has she shown any signs of her abilities?” The one named Luhan cut it, shifting awkwardly in his seat. “What we should be worrying about now is when she does remember. When she’s aware, she might not be able to control her abilities. Lucky for us, we had years to perfect it. She doesn’t.” He added.

“No she hasn’t. I’m afraid of that too.” Kris said as he crossed his arms. “Lu-ge, I’m surprised you’re not super happy that you’re seeing her again. She is your cousin after all.” He added, looking up making Luhan shift his gaze to avoid any eye contact.

“You know how the families feel. We are already being watched enough as it is. The clans are worried we will betray them. So it’s hard to really be happy.” He mutters, standing up. “I can’t be associated with her. It’s too dangerous.”

“But that’s your family! She has no one else left. You. Me. All of us. We all know that she did nothing wrong. We all know that the Lee family was a kind family, who never wanted any trouble!” Chanyeol spoke, his ears getting red from the anger. “Come on, she’s our Princess and we vowed long ago that we would protect her.” Everyone in the room got quiet once more, mixed emotions showing on their faces. They all knew that Chanyeol spoke the truth. Kris felt it the most out of all of them. It was his family’s fault that Jieun was now without anybody to support her.

“This must all be too much for one night. So, why not let’s all just meet up tomorrow. There is still more to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter