Chapter 6

Shield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"YOU!?" The two boys and Jieun said in unison, pointing at each other. Kris, Chanyeol and Suho all looked at each other, shrugging and looking back between the three.

"What are you doing here?" One of the male's asked. This one had light brown hair that was slicked back, nearly as tall as Chanyeol and had cold look on his face. The other male had a more silver hair color and tan skin, just a little bit taller than the one with the with light brown hair.

"I could ask you the same thing. Don't tell me you know him?" Jieun stands, pointing at Kris, who simply sat there and blinked at the finger that was pointed right at him. Of all places she had to run into, it would be here.

"You three know each other?" Chanyeol asks, shaking his head, that made the water from his hair spray everywhere like a dog would do after getting a bath. The others could only groan with annoyance with the action and wiped the water off themselves. Chanyeol merely smiles, his usual big and creepy smile and walks up to Jieun, ruffling her hair.

"Yeah, this is Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun." Jieun pointed out. "These two are practically -buddies and make it so hard to get my job done because all they do is cause distractions and disruptions." She huffs and sits back down, leaning rather close to Kris out of instinct. Sehun and Jongin snicker to themselves, earning glares from all of the , causing them to zip their lips. "I can never get any work done when they walk into the office because all the female population at work comes flocking to them, creating a noisy environment. As if my work wasn't stressful enough with my boss constantly berating me and breathing down my neck..." Jieun added. Suho rolls his eyes at the two giving each other accomplished looks before grabbing the both of them and pulling them aside.

"Do you not know who that is?" Suho hissed, earning surprised stares from the two. They a shook their heads to which Suho could only sigh. "It's her. That Jieun, from a long time ago." He says quietly so only they could hear. Their eyes widened in surprised and did a double take at Jieun.

"No way, hyung... You're lying..." Jongin shook his head, still trying to wrap his mind that Jieun was the same girl from when they were little kids. "There's no way, she doesn't even look like her!" He frowned.

"Well you were pretty small back then when it happened." Suho nodded, sighing softly. "But it is her. Kris has been keeping tabs on her the entire time." He adds, Sehun and Jongin looking back at him.

"You mean to tell me, that the girl we've been been putting through hell at work, is the same girl we all grew up with and protected at all costs? She's the Lost Princess?" Sehun spoke up, only to earn a hard glare from Suho.

"You two, do what now to her?" He growled, making Sehun and Jongin shudder in fear. "Listen  I'm having a hard time accepting it that she's with us again too. That's to be expected when we we're cut off completely, thanks to our families.. I've lost the ability to enter her dreams.." He sighs, dropping his gaze. Sehun and Jongin too, also lost the ability. No wonder why they couldn't recognize her. They lost it the moment all ties were caught.

"Don't act too differently towards her, now that you know. She's still unaware of everything about us and her abilities. So don't be too different, because then she'll think something is up. Don't be so mean though." Suho finished, turning on his heel and heading over to the rest.

After eating some lunch at the restaurant, the storm had managed to die down to a light shower. They all agreed that it was time to head back to the hotel. Jieun, however, felt so uneasy to go back. She had a bad feeling something was going to happen. Maybe should have just gone separately from the guys. Not to mention, the stared that she was getting from Sehun and Jongin were starting to make her vey uncomfortable.

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked, snapping Jieun out of her thoughts. She nodded and gave him a small smile. She went back to fiddling with her camera, looking at all the shots she managed to get. If only she could have gotten more pictures of the restaurant, the kind old man owned. She made a mental note to go back there again when the weather was clear so she could bring it to the company.

It wasn't long before they reached the hotel and they all got out. Jieun got a lot of stares from the upperclass people, making here feel even smaller than usual. Faces with disgust and curiosity all looked at her. Just exactly who was the commoner, who managed to catch the attention of six, very well-known and eligible bachelors in South Korea? How was she able to command the attention of all of them as well? Needless to say, there were a lot of unhappy glares at her.

"I-I should probably get going." Jieun bows, turning on her heel, rushing back into the lobby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter