Chapter 4

Shield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#nowplaying - "Rain Drop" - IU (Please listen to this for this chapter~)

 

"She's really grown up." Suho speaks up, laying on his bed and looking over at Chanyeol. "I nearly didn't recognize her." He adds to which Chanyeol nods in agreement.

"Well you and some of the others haven't been back home since the whole thing. Not to mention most of you stopped visiting in her dreams too." Chanyeol sighs softly, the memory of when they used to be little kids flashing through his mind,

"We were afraid! We were scared of what happened and what would happen if she found out..."  Suho winced, sitting up. "Anyways, the rest will be glad to see her again.

Even if she doesn't remember." He nods and calls for some room service to bring up some food.

"It's so heartbreaking to see Kris like this though... We were all at fault in some way but I guess when it's your family that had to be the one to do it, it does take its goal..." Chanyeol sighs and sits up. "He really loves her." A small smile etches on both of their faces, both reminiscing about how inseparable they were. "Anyways all of them are coming tomorrow right? It'll be good to see the gang all together again."

"Yeah, their flights come in early tomorrow morning." Suho nods, getting up and heading to the door when room service came.

"We should get some sleep then. Maybe when the others are all here, we could start bringing her memories back. Kris hyung will be happy again."

"Let's see Chanyeol. Let's wait till Kris decides the next move."

~

It was another new day. Jieun woke up to the morning sunlight peeking through her curtains. She slowly sat up and sighed softly, last night’s events playing through her head again. Especially the moment where she saw Kris's backside that reminded her lot like Yifan's. She had a strong feeling she wouldn't be dreaming about him anymore.

"It was only a dream anyways... It's not like he's a real person. He's only a figment of my imagination." She nods and gets up, fixing herself a cup of coffee. "No more putting yourself down and making yourself feel bad. You're on vacation! You're supposed to be enjoying yourself!" Jieun said to herself. 

On the other side of the room, Kris could only chuckle softly as he fixes his clothes and listens to Jieun. "You're a dork like always..." He says before going outside to the balcony. At the same time he comes out, Jieun steps out as well, sipping on her coffee. He grins mischievously and leans up against the railing, facing her. "You know, for a girl with your tiny figure, you sure are pretty loud." He says out loud, snapping her out her trance and making her blush again.

"Shut up. As if you don't talk to yourself at times." She snaps back, mindful of how loud she shouldn't be since yesterday's little run in with Kris. "What do you want now?" Jieun groans as she caught sight of him still looking at her.

For you to know who I really am, he thought before reluctantly tearing his gaze away from Jieun. "Nothing. Except, did you ever consider looking at a mirror and washing up when you wake up?" Her brows furrowed, wondering what he was talking about before she slowly reached up to her hair, already feeling like it was tangled in every direction. Not a moment more, she dashed right back into her room and headed straight to her bathroom and the light. As she thought, her hair was in tangles but with the added bonus of the dried saliva on gave her look another touch.

"You're welcome~" Kris calls out, laughing and heading back inside, opening the door for Chanyeol and Suho. They both shuffled in, staring that Kris like he was the weirdest thing in the room. "Don't worry about it." He says, still smiling to himself. Chanyeol and Suho gave each other a look and simply shrugged.

"Whatever you say."

~

"Stupid tall jerk..." Jieun muttered to herself, hyper aware of everything she was doing. She quickly washed up and got ready to go out again. Today she was planning on going to the lighthouse that was on the island and making her way into the local market. He was bringing her camera with her today, hoping that she could get some nice shots of whatever sights caught her eyes.

Jieun fixed her hair, adding a few accessories here and there and slipped on a floral dress with a light cardigan to go over it. She slipped on a pair of white sneakers and grabbed her bag, heading out of her room. After closing her door, she looked around making sure she wouldn't run into a Kris or the others. Once the coast was clear, Jieun smiled and made her way to the elevator. She happened to make it down to the lobby without any trouble but as she passes by the main ballroom she catches sight of Kris standing there talking to others all dressed up in suits. Chanyeol and Suho came up to him as well, looking rather dashing in suits of their own.

As if on cue, all three looked up and noticed her standing at the main doors of the ball room. They all gave her a small nod and a smile that could swoon even the coldest of women.  Chanyeol was the one to break away first and make his way towards Jieun, to which she felt her cheeks heat up.

"Good morning Jieun! Did you sleep well?" Chanyeol gave her the usual big creepy grin, to which Jieun nods. "You look very pretty today

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter