Lunch Date

What If?

"WEH????!" Seung Hyun screamed. I told him about what happened on the weekends. That day when I confessed to YoonA. When I told him at first, he didn't believe me, he even kept saying that it was just a dream, that my fever was so high that it even made me delusional. I laughed at what he said. But on that night, I can't stop thinking about it myself. It still felt like a dream to me, even until now.

"Stop screaming already." I told him. 

"Well have she called you that night? When she got home?" He asked. 

I shook my head. That made me confusing, since before she left, she made me give her my number, since my phone wasn't with me. But the whole weekend I never heard from her. I literally was holding my phone the whole two days that my mom and noona kept teasing me that I was in a relationship with my phone. But the call I waited for never came, I was even close to asking Hara for her cousin's number but I never had the guts to, since I was scared to think that I was kind of clingly. I sighed. 

"Well, maybe she was busy." He said, trying to ease my worried feelings. 

We were walking towards our room for our first class, when we saw YoonA.

"Good morning." She greeted. 

I couldn't answer, she greeted me, then it only means one thing. She remembers what happened that day. She isn't ignoring me at all like what I thought she would. 

She waved at me. "Are you okay?" She smiled.

"Ne." I said.

"Do you want to have lunch together?" She asked eagerly.

"Uhhhhh..." I was startled. Is she really asking me for lunch? Is this really happening? 

"Oh, no then? It seems like you have other plans." She looked at me sadly.

"Aniyo. Sure lunch." I said, embarrased. 

She smiled. "See you at lunch then." She turned around and left.

When she left, Seung Hyun teased me endlessly. When we got to class, the teacher already started his lecture, Seung Hyun and I apologized and settled in our seats. The whole morning I couldn't concentrate in class, I was anticipating how lunch would be. I was frankly very worried. I know the two of us are still very awkward with each other, so I was like thinking of ways or questions to start up a conversation. When the bell rang, I hurriedly look at my phone. It had one message, I opened it and it was from YoonA, it said: 

Meet me at the ballet studio, the same as before :3

I hurriedly ran to the ballet studio, the one near the library. I composed myself, and fixed my hair, before I knocked on the door. When no one answered I opened it, and I saw her on the bar. She was practicing again. She stopped dancing when she saw me entered. 

"It's okay, just continue what you're doing." I said. 

She shook her head. Then she took her towel and wiped her face. Then she took out a blanket and placed it at the side of the studio. 

"Come here." She said, and I followed her and sat by her side. I looked at the bento she was holding. It was a classy looking one. I looked at mine, and I was embarrassed. I couldn't possibly open it. She was looking at me curiously, wondering why I haven't opened it. I sighed at pulled the lid off. My bento had fried rice, and a lot of vegetables, she even put strawberries. UGH UMMA.

                                  bento-11-03-08a-tile.jpg

 

She smiled and opened hers. Her bento was, definitely for the rich, it had shrimp tempura, some tuna and lot of other things I don't know about. 

"WOW! Your bento's really good." I said, feeling amazed.

"Yours is really cute too." She smiled. "Let's eat." 

As we were eating our lunch, I tried to ask to break the ice between us by asking a question.

"Did your mom made your bento?" 

She laughed. "That's a first."

"What? It can happen though." I smirked. 

"No, she doesn't cook, more like she doesn't know how. Instead our chef is the one who makes my lunch. Though she instructs them on what to put on my bento."

"So your mom is indirectly the one who made it then." I said. 

She looked at me, like I just said the answer of a really difficult math problem. "I guess so then." 

I smiled. We were eating in between the talk, I even made her taste the fried rice my umma cooked for me, and gave her the other strawberry. She also made me taste the tempura she had. 

"Hmmm, your mom's a really great cook." She commented.

"Omo! How did you know she cook this? Are you stalking me?" I said feigning suspicion. 

She giggled. "When I came to your house before, I saw her, and I just felt like she was the type of mother who'd wake up in the morning and make lunches for her children." 

"Well, that's my umma. Cooking is her passion though, that's why we have a catering business." 

"Ahh, I hope I get to taste one of her cookings again." She said happily.

"I'll make sure you will." 

"She's a really warm person, you're very lucky."

"You're very lucky too, you have a mom who watches and cares for you."

"I guess I am then." She said cheerfully.

After finishing our lunches, I offered to buy her juice, but she insisted of going. So she left me in studio. I looked around and it was the same as before, except there was a big piano at the other side of the room. I stood up and went towards it. I sat at the bench. It's been a long time since I played one, and since I wanted to know if I still remember how to play, I pushed the top up and started playing. 

Out of nowhere, YoonA appeared beside me. "Wow, I never knew you could play the piano so well."

I continued playing, "My parents made me took piano lessons when I was in grade school, but I stopped when I was in my 2nd year of middle school." I explained.

"Oh, why did you stopped playing then?" I asked.

"It got boring." I said nonchalantly. 

She didn't answer, instead she just let me play. She still hasn't said the reaction I was waiting for, until.. "I know this. It's 'The Swan Lake,' it's the one I danced to on my competition." She said. She was looking really happy and amazed at the same time. She made my heart flutter when she was staring at me, she was staring at me softly, that my heart started to race and I had a weird feeling in my stomach. 

Then I changed the song into a more familiar one, "It's the song from the music box." She said immediately. 

I didn't answer. The song reminds me of that day. The day confessed to her, I wanted to talk about it, but it seemed like it'll make us more awkward. I really want to hear from her that what happened wasn't a lie, that she really accepted my confession, that she's already mine. 

"The music box was pretty." She said out of nowhere, I had a feeling we were thinking the same thing. 

"It was." I said quietly. I didn't want to say more, but I really want to know what she was really feeling. "I'm sorry for that day, for making you cry."

She shook her head. "Aniyo, it was my fault anyways, I should've done that. I'm sorry again." She smiled.

"No, I had my faults too, but yes, I forgive you noona.." I paused for a moment. "Saranghae noona." I said gently.

Then, she placed her head on my shoulders. "Saranghae Tae Min." My heart fluttered. My happiness couldn't be explained right now. This lunch turned out to be the best one I'd ever had.