06

Thoughts

A week has passed after the argument between Lay and Ji Eun. 

They haven't met each other for the past whole week. 

Lay tried to console Ji Eun. He tried to fix everything so that it'll be back as what it is but Ji Eun blocked everything. She pushed Lay away. She didn't picked up her phone whenever Lay's name appear. She didn't replied not even one text back to Lay. Her act makes Lay worried more and more each day.

The nightmares he had at the park keeps haunting him back. Every night he will be awake by the nightmare with sweats all over his body. He feels so bad. He keeps blaming himself non-stop. He's too scared to face the future. He's scared if the same thing will happen to Ji Eun. He knows exactly what he needs to do but he can't. There's something that's blocking his way from accomplishing his duty. 

He really doesn't want the nightmare to be reality but he knows if he doesn't prevent it,sooner or later the nightmare will eventually happen. He's getting lost and starts to find himself drifted away by the scenes of the past. Everything pops up in his mind and sometimes the visions become clear. Crystal clear as if he was brought back to that particular time.

 

 


 

 

 A couple of days later,Lay is walking along the street. It's a cold evening. Lay's walking a few blocks away from Ji Eun's favourite coffee shop. He plans to grab a cup of cappuccino.  

As his steps are getting closer to the coffee shop,his legs stop in action. He saw two familiar figure. He takes a closer look of them and to his surprise they are Ji Eun and Kris. His fist starts to clutch. He continues his steps as fast as he could but unfortunately,Ji Eun and Kris are faster. 

His anger takes control of him. He can't take it anymore. He had vow to not let the same things happen again and he is holding onto his vow. He decided to go to Ji Eun's house and meet Mrs.Yoon. He needs to tell everything to her. He need Mrs.Yoon to know everything. Mrs.Yoon is the only last hope he has with him.

 

*ding dong*

"Honey,you're home?" Mrs.Yoon shouts as she's in the kitchen preparing for dinner. 

"Did she left the keys or what?" 

*ding dong*

 "Yes,yes,I'm coming. A moment please." Mrs.Yoon tie off her apron and run to the door.

As she opens the door, "Honey,you forgot your key huh?" 

"Hello Mrs.Yoon." 

"Oh sorry. Lay,come in. I thought it was Ji Eun. No wonder I felt weird because she has never left her keys before. Come in,come in. You arrived just in time. I'm preparing for dinner and it would be great if you could join us too." Mrs.Yoon greeted Lay with smiles. She loves it everytime Lay comes to their house. She loves it when she sees both Lay and Ji Eun working hard together. She loves to see the both of them together. She feels like she need not to worry about anything whenever Ji Eun's with Lay.

"Urm,where is Ji Eun,Mrs.Yoon? She hasn't come back yet?" Lay asked out of curiosity.

"Oh,no. She isn't back yet. Maybe soon she'll be back. She said she needs to handle something. I thought you're with her Lay."

"Oh I see. Well,Mrs.Yoon,actually I-" Lay's words got stuttered. He's nervous of what he's going to tell Mrs.Yoon.

"What is it my dear?" Mrs.Yoon's reply calms Lay a bit.

"I need to tell you something. It's very important. It's about Ji Eun. Do you trust me Mrs.Yoon?" Lay looks at Mrs.Yoon's face and obviously his words make Mrs.Yoon get into her nerves as he sees the old woman starts to frown. Mrs.Yoon nodded as a reply to Lay's question. 

And with that nod he received,Lay begins to tell Mrs.Yoon about things that worry him. He tells Mrs.Yoon everything. The past,the nightmares,his little sister and up to the guy who has been the reason for the death of his little sister that he loves the most.

 

An hour passed by as the story continues.

 

"Lay," Mrs.Yoon called out his name.

"Yes,Mrs.Yoon. What is it?" 

"Lay,you know that Ji Eun has no one else in this challenging world other than me and you. She doesn't really has a lot of friends. Even if there is,they are just some people she knows and they are all related to her works and nothing more than that. For all this while,you're the only stranger she had ever invited to this house. No one else and to be honest I was completely surprised when she first invited you here. I know,you mean something to her Lay. She might not show it because she never had any experience about relationship and even friendship. I know she values you a lot that sometimes her act makes you confuse." Mrs.Yoon takes a deep breathe before continue her words and wiping away tears that's falling fast. Lay stays and waits patiently for Mrs.Yoon's words.

"Do me a favour Lay. It will mean a whole world to me. I love Ji Eun like my own daughter. After my husband died in a car accident 30 years ago,I started to lose my path and Ji Eun's family had change my life up until now. They are such a nice person,both Mr and Mrs Song. It sadden me when they too were the victim in an accident and since then I've taken care and raise Ji Eun with care and love that she needs. I can't bare losing people I love again Lay. Take care of Ji  Eun please Lay. You're the only one I put my trust on. I know I can count on you. I can feel it from the first time we met,I know you're the one for Ji Eun and right now she's getting out of her way because of that jerk. I need you to protect Ji Eun for me Lay. I'm old enough and for sure if that jerk hurt Ji Eun,I can't do anything. Please Lay,she's the only one I have even though she doesn't come from my own flesh and blood. Promise me Lay.." Mrs.Yoon sobs hard as she finish her words and with that Lay determined to not let Mrs.Yoon face through the same phase of his past.

''Can you Lay?'' Mrs.Yoon continue her words as she holds tight both hands of Lay.

The worries that lies perfectly clear in those eyes make his heart burts into tears.

He nodded and gave Mrs.Yoon the trust that worth more than everything else in the world.

''Don't worrry Mrs.Yoon. You have my words. I'll protect Ji Eun with every power that I have.'' 

''I know I can count on you Lay.''

 

30 minutes after their conversation ended,Ji Eun arrived home.

 

''Omma,I'm home,'' as usual she greeted her 'omma' cheerfully 

''Welcome home honey.''

''Huh?! WHAT!!'' Ji Eun raises her voice in surprise.

''LAY?! What are you doing here?'' she speaks as her eyes are about to pop out of its place.

Lay hesitates in answering her answer. He doesn't know whether to tell her the truth or not. He knows Ji Eun doesn't like him being there but he's glad to see Ji Eun in a good condition even though he was damn worried to see Ji Eun with Kris before.

Ji Eun rushes to Lay. As she's about to drag Lay to her room,Mrs.Yoon's words stops her.

''I invited him here so that he could have dinner together with us. Don't get mad at him. I'm the one asking him here besides I need some hands for dinner and he's free so why not?''

Ji Eun looks at Lay in disbelief. She knows her 'omma' was lying but it is possible too. She's actually doubting the reason why Lay's here. 

''Come,dinner's ready.''

 

 

After they finish their dinner,Lay helps Mrs.Yoon washing the dishes while Ji Eun clears the table.

Lay begs Mrs.Yoon to keep their conversations a secret. He's afraid that if Ji Eun finds out about that,he'll be hate by her. He doesn't want that to happen.

''Lay,we need to talk.'' Ji Eun whispers to Lay as he settle down the last dish.

''Omma,may I borrow Lay for a while.'' with a sweet honey voice Ji Eun asks for her omma's permission and  she received a nod.

Ji Eun quickly drags Lay into her room and lock it.