I Promise

I Promise

Luhan woke with agony pulsing in his veins as he rose from his bed. He brought a hand up to his forehead, groaning in discomfort from the hangover's after effects. Perhaps next time they shouldn't drink as much. Slowly he dressed himself, not bothering to check his phone as he pocketed it.

He left his house shortly after that, driving to the coffee shop he'd visited the other day. Luhan wasn't sure why he was going back so soon; There was something about the atmosphere of it all. With the creamy orange painted walls and friendly cashier. Kyungsoo. That's right, the doe-eyed man he'd made small talk with.

As he got out of his car, carefully locking it, he confidently pushed into the shop with a raging headache. He was immediately met with the same old greeting from last time with the same friendly voice, and suddenly Luhan felt drawn to the counter -- not just for the coffee. "Good morning." Luhan said casually, and he watched as Kyungsoo's small head popped up from under the counter.

"Ah yes, good morning!" The man responded cheerfully, a smile beginning to form across his features before he ended up frowning and staring down Luhan. "You don't look so good. Are you okay?"

Luhan shook his head softly, forcing a small smile on his face. "I had a rough night." He scanned the menu lit up over behind Kyungsoo's head, ordering what he solemnly desired before moving to go take a seat at a table secluded off from the rest. A few minutes later, Kyungsoo was there at his side, setting down Luhan's coffee with a curious look in his eye.

He thought Kyungsoo was going to walk off and leave him be, but suddenly he was grabbing a chair from another table and pushing it over to Luhan's table to sit down on. "So tell me what's got you all worked up like this, if I may ask?"

Luhan blinked up at him, then drew out a long sigh. "My friends and I decided last night to go out to a club. I've been working hard to study for finals in college, and they thought it'd be a nice break away from everything. I called my boyfriend to ask him to come pick me up since my friends and I weren't in a fit position to walk around...in a late time like that and us falling down drunk and all. He said he was too busy and sent his friend to come pick us up." At the reminder of what happened, he pulled the coffee mug close to him in a comforting way, sipping at it quietly.

"Wait you have a boyfriend?" Kyungsoo pressed out of curiosity, shifting in his chair to attentively turn his body to face Luhan.

"Yeah, usually he's my knight shining in armor, but lately he's been really busy so we can't hang out." Luhan frowned deeply.

Kyungsoo's left hand resting on the table curled into a fist. "Well it didn't matter what he was doing because a good boyfriend would have been there for you when you needed him."

"It was nothing. Don't worry about it."

"It's still not right! He should have been there for you." Kyungsoo glared over at him, clearly upset.

"Thanks." Luhan's eyes crinkle up this time as he smiled appreciatively towards his new, supportive friend. The doe-eyed man smiled back, holding out his hand for him to shake, which Luhan did, before getting up to go take care of a customer stepping into the shop.

"See you later...?"

"Luhan." He grinned.

-

-

Luhan.

The name pressed at Sehun's thoughts as he mindlessly wandered around his house, and he wondered if maybe he should call to check up on him. No that's too nice of him, he can't. Luhan probably hated him for the way he was the first time they met.

He began overthinking the entire situation, before coming to a stop outside his room - eyes on his phone resting on his bedside drawer charging. The thought of knowing how Luhan was triggered something in Sehun, and he found himself walking over to his phone to tug it free of it's charger. He typed in his passcode, humming softly to himself as he pulled up Luhan's contact.

Just as he was about to call him, Kai's ringtone burst out of his phone and his face was suddenly showing on the phone screen. Sehun tapped the 'answer' key, bringing it up to his ear. "What?"

"Hey! What's with the haughty attitude? I was just wondering if Luhan made it home okay."

Sehun's eyes narrowed at his friend's question, and he snapped at him. "Why are you asking me this? Why aren't you calling him, huh? He's your boyfriend." He hung up in fury, throwing his phone down on his bed and mentally cursing to himself for falling for his best friend's boyfriend.

-

-

Luhan rushed to get ready to go out and eat some BBQ with his friends, even inviting Kyungsoo for the sake of keeping their friendship. He owed him something, from all the support he gave Luhan. It only made rational sense to invite him, too. In the middle of tugging a simple white tee down over his bare chest, his phone began to vibrate over on his bedside table.

A frustrated noise crawled its way out of his throat as he walked over to the table to answer whomever was calling him. "Hello?"

"Hey Luhan...it's Sehun." Immediately Luhan straightened up, taken aback. Sehun was calling him? "I was just wondering if you were doing okay? Like are you feeling better?"

At Sehun's gentle tone, Luhan finds himself frozen in place. One moment Sehun despised him, and now here he was growing soft on him. Undoubtedly, it was confusing for Luhan's part. "...Yeah, I'm fine. Look, I have to go out with some friends..."

"Where are you going?"

"We're going out to eat some barbeque, and then maybe go karaoke." Luhan pondered on the subject for a moment before adding, "Do you want to come?" It was so sudden, and the words left his mouth before he could take them back.

"Yes."

-

-

Within thirty minutes, Sehun had arrived at Luhan's house and drove the both of them to meet up with Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol at the specified Korean barbeque restaurant. When Luhan stepped inside the building with Sehun following behind him in suit, he was greeted with a warm hug from Kyungsoo. "Luhan!"

As Kyungsoo pulled back, Luhan looked to the two unfamiliar faces standing behind him. Immediately Kyungsoo followed his gaze, and then looked back to him -- completely oblivious of Sehun, who was busying himself with getting the five a table. "Oh, this is Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They're my friends."

Luhan stepped forward, shaking hands with the both of them. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Luhan." The two greet him kindly before Sehun turned to address them with their table number.

Except Sehun's gaze fell on Kyungsoo and he tensed up. "K-Kyungsoo?"

Surprised, Luhan looked between them. "You know each other?"

Kyungsoo straightened his back, a wide grin on his face. "Yeah, I've known him for-"

Sehun interrupted him suddenly, gesturing towards the five's shared table. "Okay, let's eat now!" To encourage Luhan, he pressed him on forwardly with his hand on his back, guiding him over to the table --- leaving a confused Kyungsoo and oblivious Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

The five of them dug into their food hungrily before moving on to go to karaoke. At the karaoke, Sehun found himself hanging around Luhan more than the rest of the others and it brewed a storm in his innermost thoughts. He couldn't tear his gaze away from the lively man in front of him; It was dangerous.

Sehun's attention was diverted to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, however, when the two jumped up on the small stage and did a duet together. They seemed so awfully close, he wondered if the two were dating.

Finally, Luhan broke out of his nerves and grabbed Kyungsoo's arm-- linking theirs together before pulling him up on the stage. It was then that Sehun fell deathly silent as Chanyeol and Baekhyun continued to giggle in childish fits at Luhan's behavior. He kept his gaze on Luhan as the man sang, and found himself entranced by it all.

Danger zone.

Sehun chewed at the inside of his lower lip, ruffling his hair in a distressed kind of way. His nerves continued to pick at him, and it was honestly all dreadful because he felt like he should get away while he could, but no. He brought this on himself, agreeing to come see Luhan and be his friend.

Suddenly Luhan snapped him out of his thoughts when he called out his name, and Sehun blinked back into reality as the man leapt off the stage to pull him up out of his chair. "Hey wait--"

"Don't fight me, Sehun! You're going to sing with me now!" Luhan purred into his ear, and Sehun nearly about melted into his grip.

When Luhan chose the song they were going to do a duet together with, Sehun made himself a promise not to run off the stage and abandon the five. Luhan started it off, trying not to laugh at Sehun's blank expression and encouraged him further by continuing to sing along the lines Sehun was supposed to do alone. Gathering up his courage, Sehun slowly began to sing in sync with Luhan and felt his skin grew hot all over.

He was going to go mad crazy if he stood there any longer in the same position, so to ease his spazzing nerves he moved about on the stage and tried his best not to stare at Luhan. Sehun made it worse for himself when their piercing gazes finally met, and Luhan walked towards him without breaking their eye contact. It all seemed to be in slow motion, and Sehun tightened his grip around the microphone, feeling his heart rate rapidly increasing.

Luhan was going to be the death of him, this he swore to himself.

-

-

 

A/N: looool you're so welcome.

bye.

off to sleep.

C;