I Promise

I Promise

Luhan leapt up out of his desk as soon as his teacher dismissed the small class from the room, signaling they were dismissed from their classes that day. He walked out of the college with a bright smile on his face, checking his text messages and seeing the name 'Kai'. Looking forward to see what he'd said, the message read:

"Hey baby!! Meet me outside in the park when your classes are over, okay?!"

With newfound confidence, he walked towards the park wondering exactly what his boyfriend wanted. Well, of course it was to see him. As he approached the wooden picnic table where Kai was sitting, he eyed the man sitting across from him curiously. "Hey." As soon as the words left his mouth, Kai and the man turned towards him.

"Luhan!" Kai grinned happily, making a move to stand but Luhan was already throwing himself down on the seat beside him. He raised an eyebrow towards the unfamiliar man sitting across from him, his gaze piercing through his own.

"Hi..." Luhan mumbled shyly, shifting around uncomfortably. The cold stare was uninviting, and he wanted to get away for some reason.

His lovely boyfriend, however, clearly didn't feel the same way and outright introduced the both of them to each other. "Sehun, meet Luhan my boyfriend. Luhan, this is Sehun." Kai's hand was suddenly on his back, rubbing at it comfortingly and Luhan relaxed at his touch.

The silent, death stare switched to Kai, and Sehun, still emotionless, spoke in a dry tone. "Nice to meet you, Luhan."

Luhan sensed the distress in the man's gaze; the way he glared at Kai made him angry. Was he jealous of their closeness? Whatever the reason, he wanted to punch him in the face for the haughty attitude he held over his head. Instead of responding like he should, Luhan turned his head to face Kai who even looked more stressed than the other. "So what are we doing today?"

The instanteous reaction from Sehun made Luhan bite back a cruel laugh, for the man's face only seemed to grow scarlet red; He swore he saw his fists clench at his sides underneath the table. Kai diverted his eyes from Sehun, the amusement sparkling in his gaze as he looked to Luhan.

"Well, I was thinking I could drive you to your house and we could watch a movie or something." He replied, hand still rubbing soothing, tiny circles into Luhan's back.

Luhan purred in appreciation to his boyfriend's smart thinking, throwing his arms around his neck and pulled in him for a not so innocent kiss. Nonetheless, Kai only seemed spurred on when he began to kiss him more fiercely. When their lips parted, Luhan then remembered Sehun was still there -- who looked unamused by his actions. "Oh, sorry." He blushed, cheeks heating up.

Kai chuckled softly at him, cupping his chin and kissed him briefly before forcing himself off of Luhan. Their public affection seemed to only annoy his best friend, and Luhan didn't want to make him more upset than he already was. He could read the silent anger burning behind the man's blazing eyes. "Well then, let's go."

The three exchanged their farewells, Luhan and Sehun awkwardly shaking hands before parting ways.

-

-

When they'd drove to Luhan's house, he found himself staring at Kai's profile unintentionally as the boy drove, hands locked around the wheel and gaze on the road. There was something that he couldn't place about him, but every time he looked at Luhan, there was a caring look in his eye. Something like he grew fond and protective over him; It made him smile widely.

Luhan and Kai had been together since day one; it was that kind of relationship where when you meet someone you can't tear your eyes off of them and you can have an ongoing conversation with them without things getting awkward. That's how it was with them; their relationship was completely open.

Kai drove Luhan crazy mad whenever he kissed him, and this led to a deep pool of thought while riding in the car. They'd never gotten further than the kissing stage, but because of his teenage hormonal drive --- Luhan suddenly craved for Kai, and only Kai. Months of patience, intense heated gazes; that could all be over soon.

In the few minutes of silence Luhan had to himself while staring at Kai, their gazes finally met. It was brief, but Kai's delighted smile that appeared on his lips made Luhan's insides churn. He'd seen the caring look glittering in his eyes, and he'd returned it with equal passion. It truely made Luhan happy, and as he turned his head away to stare out the window, he found himself grinning like crazy.

-

-

As Luhan followed Kai up to his front door by walking on his stone pathway, he found himself thinking about how lucky he was to have such a caring boyfriend; This brought a smile to his face once again, and Kai looked at him curiously in interest. "What are you smiling about, babe?"

"Nothing." Luhan responded as he unlocked his front door before stepping inside with Kai right behind him. He moved towards the living room, tugging Kai's arm along the way. He followed without protest, throwing himself down on the couch beside Luhan. "So since you're up for movies, what genre are you picking out?" Luhan questioned curiously.

Kai grinned devilishly. "A horror movie."

Luhan's bright expression fell, but he nodded in silence as he knew that Kai would do that purposefully. He seemed to enjoy when he'd gotten frightened by the boogeyman, clinging to him in desperation. It was just a thing, Luhan guessed as he picked out a horror film and pushed it into the DVD player before flinging himself down beside Kai and curling up into his side.

Chuckling to himself, Kai securely slips an arm around Luhan's waist protectively, sparkling gaze on the TV screen. Luhan lifted his head, eyes squinting up at him. "What are you laughing on about?"

"You're just that cute." Kai shook his head gently, gaze flitting down to Luhan to reveal the amusement glittering behind his eyes. Luhan felt his cheeks flush a prominent red, but was glad that the lights were dim enough to cover it up so that Kai didn't see.

-

-

Luhan's prophecy came clear in the middle of the movie when he elicited a loud whimper, the material of Kai's shirt and burying his face into his chest to try and hide his view from the movie. It was honestly embarrassing, but he couldn't help himself - and Kai didn't laugh at him anymore. He instead held Luhan close, murmuring comforting words to bring his fears down.

It only made Luhan's stomach twist; there was so much protection with Kai. It was nearly impossible not to fall for someone like him. He'd been there for him so many countless times, he just couldn't help himself when he suddenly brought his lips up to collide with Kai's. It surely did take him by surprise, because his body grew rigid for a moment before he began to kiss Luhan back.

Kai's hands found their way around his waist again. Luhan kissed him more fiercely now, his hand sliding up the back of his neck so that he could tangle his fingers in his luscious, blonde hair. When Kai felt his lungs begin to scream for air, he broke off their kiss with a breathless, "What are you doing?"

Luhan blinked with shock; He hadn't expected himself to be so confident all of a sudden. "S-Sorry, I just--" Kai cut him off by sealing their lips together again, the plushness and softness of them against his making Luhan's insides coil once again.

"Kai." It wasn't his name he was calling for; It was a request.

What he didn't expect was for Kai to turn the movie off and carry him upstairs, for Luhan to be pressed back into his bed sheets with Kai on top of him.

-

-

 

A/N: ooohhh my god, i am not sorry for what has just happened :3

be patient. i'm updating...progressively.