Chapter 8

Hesitation

[Luhan]

 

     "Sehun.." I muttered. Jongin shortly followed behind me, "Who is it, Hannie?" I saw Sehun's eyes filled with anger and, hurt? He stared at me, then at Jongin, and back to me, "What are you doing here?" Jongin tried to answer, "Sehun, it--" "Shut up! I'm not talking to you!" He yelled. I held his arm but he just shrugged it off.

 

He walked towards Kai and pushed him hard, causing him to fall on the ground. "Hey?!" I yelled as I crouched down to Jongin's level. I slumped his arm around my shoulder and helped him to stand. Sehun suddenly ran. I called his name several times but I can't go after him because of Jongin's condition. "I'm sorry.." Jongin said while he held his aching waist. "No, Jonginnie. It's not your fault. Come on." I said as I lead him to the couch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Sehun]

 

When I got far away, I slowed down. My soul full of anger. I calmed down a moment when I saw a park. It's our favorite place. I sat on the long blue bench. I stared at the ground, my mind went blank. Not until I felt someone sat beside me. "Nice weather we are having today, huh?" I didn't answer. "But people are so downbeat. They won't look on the bright side. They tend to face their problems every time."

     "How do you know?" He smiled.

     "Why the long face?"

     "Ah, it's natural." He laughed.

     "No, I mean. Why are you sad?" 

I shrugged. I don't know what to feel. Sad, because he didn't tell me he's gonna skip class? Mad, because he's with Kim Jongin? I feel numb.

 

"Why are you sad?" I asked back. He sighed and began, "There was this guy, I fell in love with. He told me that he love me, too but I doubt it now. We've been together for four years. You can say we were madly in love with each other but then, a day came, he's already gone. They said he went back to China. I'm from China, too." He chuckled. 

     "Why not follow him?"

     "Then ask him to get back together? I don't think so."

Ther was silence for a while but he broke the ice after, "I'm Tao, by the way."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Days, weeks passed, Sehun and Tao got closer. Sehun and Luhan were still ignoring each other's presence. Sometimes Tao would visit Sehun at school, sometimes it's Sehun's turn to visit Tao. One day, Sehun and Tao were in front of the school gate when they heard a familiar voice called out Sehun's name. They turned around and saw Luhan running towards them. "Sehun." He muttered as he breathe heavily. 

     "Uh, Sehun I'll just buy something." Tao said.

     "Let me go wi--" 

     "No, I can go by myself. Besides, someone needs to talk to you."

Tao smiled at Luhan and Luhan returned the smile.

 

"Sehun, I'm sorry." Sehun didn't answer. "Sorry about what happened. There's nothing between me and Jongin. Please believe me! I'm really sorry. But if you can't forgi--"

     "Luhan, It's okay." Luhan's eyes widen. "Wha-wha-"

     "It's okay. I forgive you." Luhan just stood still.

     "What? Are you just gonna stand there? Come here!" 

Sehun pulled Luhan into his arms. After a while, Sehun pulled away and cupped Luhan's cheeks, "I love you." He whisphered and kissed Luhan's forehead. "I love you, too."

 

Luhan was startled when Sehun asked, "How's Jongin by the way?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Jongin]

 

"Sarangmaneu stop, stop, stop, stop yeah. Sarangmaneu stop, stop, stop, stop yeah....." I moved as the music enter my ears. "Okay class! We'll continue tomorrow." The instructor announced but before I leave, he called me, "Ah, Kai! Can I talk to you for a minute?" I walked towards him.

     "I want to inform you that you'll be representing our school in the SouthEast Asian Dance Competition. Isn't that exciting?" It took my mind five seconds to sink in the information. "Really?" "Yeah!" We fist pumped and walked out of the studio together.

"So, practice more and good luck, alright?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan and Sehun's relationship got better as time passed. They spent their time out on dates and going to the mall. While Jongin spent his time practicing for the said competition. Luhan and him seldom see each other.

 

August 20, the day had come. After months of hardwork, Jongin's  now ready for the competition. On the other hand, there's a soccer game on the field. Sehun was included in the team, of course, Luhan as a supportive boyfriend, sat on the bleachers with a banner raised. Completely not aware about the competition Kai's in.

 

 

 

[Jongin]

 

There were 15 schools competing. We're all waiting backstage. Some were sleeping and resting, while some were practicing their moves. I was about to practice when one contestant approached me. "Ni hao."

     "Ni hao ma."

     "You understood?"

     "Yeah. I learned a bit."

 

We talked some time. He's from a Music and Art School in China. Suddenly, the emcee spoke, "Goodmorning everyone! Welcome to the 23rd Annual South east Asian Dance Competition!" The other contestants started to get ready, "I'm Kris by the way. Goodluck, Jongin!"

 

 

 

The competition started and 3 contestants were already done. Starting from the guy named Xiumin, then Kris, then another guy. When my turn came, I walked up on stage. I stared at the crowd, all eyes on me.

 

The music began and I started moving with the rhythm. It was not yet half of the song that I felt dizzy and nauseous. Until I felt my body fell unto the floor. I hear people gasping. All I could remember was Yixing's face and then it all went black.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Oh no! Jongin T T Update because classes are suspended. Please subscribe, upvote and leave a comment. Comments please! =) Ignore errors. Too lazy to check. I'll edit it next time hehee