Chapter 4

Hesitation

 

 

 

THE next day, the sun was shining brightly. It was lunch time, Luhan and Jongin were headed to the cafeteria when Jongin mentioned that he needed to go to the rest room while Luhan walked to his locker.

 

The moment Luhan opened his locker, a paper fell. He picked it up and read the message. His eyes landed on the name of the sender, "Choco Banana"
"Choco Banana? What's that?"
Luhan got startled with Jongin and immediately hid the paper behind his back. 

     "What's that?"

     "Nothing."

     "Let me see! Let me see!"

     "It's really nothing."

     "Come on! What are you hidi---"

     "I SAID IT'S NOTHING! You're so annoying sometimes!"

 

Jongin was shocked and even Luhan himself. Luhan didn'te mean to shout it on his face. Kai just nodded and they walked to the cafeteria but Kai was ahead of him.

 

Luhan and Jongin didn't talk much but still, Jongin walked him home. They reached Luhan's house, "So, I'll see you tomorrow then." Jongin said and turned away but Luhan pulled his arm, "I'm sorry, Jonginnie. I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm really sorry." Jongin squeezed Luhan's hand and flashed a gloomy smile. Then he walked away.

 

 

 

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

 

 

[Jongin]

 

Dance club practice was over. And I'm physically dying. I arranged my things and when I was walking to the door, Sehun passed by me, almost running. I stopped in front of the door with what I saw and heard. "Sehun!" Luhan called and came running towards him. He hugged him and my heart broke into pieces with what I saw next. Luhan tiptoed, "I *smack* missed *smack* you *smack*" Luhan kissed Sehun, three ing times!

 

I walked out of the studio and my heart skipped a beat when I saw Luhan walked towards me. "Hi Luhan." I murmured. "Jonginnie! There's gonna be a party tomorrow and Chanyeol asked me to invite you. Isn't that exciting?" He looks really excited and before I could even answer, he started blabbering things about the party, "It'll be fun! There will be lights, and booming music, and dri--"

     "I'm sorry I can't. I'm quite exhausted and uh, busy with, you know, homework." Luhan's face turned gloomy, "Is that so? Oh, okay." He turned around, "Bye." Luhan held Sehun's hand while I went my own way.

 

 

 

 

[Luhan]

 

It's already 4pm and Sehun's gonna pick me up before 7. I'm not yet done preparing when I heard the doorbell rang. I opened the door and saw Sehun with ji glimmering look. Leather jacket, skinny jeans, perfect features, what can I ask for? "You're early." I let him in. "I thought we could drive to the mall and buy a gift before going to ChanBaek's party." 

     "Ah yeah. I almost forgot. Can you give me 5 minutes?"

     "Sure thing."

 

I scurried to my room and checked my appearance. When everything's ready, I went back to the living room and saw Sehun already standing, "You ready, babe?"

 

 

 

 

 

After buying couple hats at the mall, we went straight to Chanyeol and Baekhyun's 4th anniversar party. We arrived at the venue and Jongdae welcomed  us. "Come on! Chanyeol and Baekhyun is waiting." He led us in our table. The party went well and by 'well', I mean, it really was great. The five of us started to drink but it never crossed our minds that the alcohol was too much. Jongdae went home at 10 so the 4 of us were left.

 

Soon, the other visitors slowly vanished. I don't even know if everything was real or it's just a dream. All I could remember was me snuggling close to Sehun while I felt safe in his arms.

 

 

 

 

*Next day*

 

I woke up as I felt the sunrays on my skin. I sat up. One thing's for sure, I'm still at Chanbaek's house. I glanced at my watch and my eyes went round as saucers, "It's 11 in the afternoon!? , I missed school."  I looked at the sleeping Sehun and hesitated if should I wake him up, or just skip school today?

 

 

 

 

[Jongin]

 

I'm quite confused. Luhan is not around, Sehun is not around, their friends are not around. I asked Jongdae but he said he went home early that's why he doesn't know. "Stop worrying, will you? I'm sure they're fine." Lay said while I just shrugged it off.

 

The next day..

     Lay and I were walking through the corridor when a familiar voice called my name. I smiled softly and faced him. "Hi Jonginnie!" He greeted with a big smile. Yixing poked my sides as I prevent myself from smiling big. Luhan poked my cheeks and said, "We haven't seen each other lately." I smiled awkwardly, "Uh yeah. I bet you're busy." Luhan waved his hands, "Ah no, no, no! I was actually going to ask you if you're free later? Same old bubble tea shop?" I hesitated for  moment the Luhan added, "and I already miss you.." He lowered his head. 

     "Sure."

     "Really?

     "Yeah. I'll meet you there, okay?"

He nodded like a little kid.

 

After lunch, I still have two classes left. Fortunately, the teacher in my last class was on leave. I decided to drop by the studio and pratice a little since it's too early and the room was empty.

 

 

 

 

[Third person]

 

Sehun was walking through the corridor because he was asked a favor by his teacher. He slowly stopped in his tracks when he heard a familiar music. It's coming from their dance studio. He peeked a little and saw Kim Jongin dancing. So, he really is good. Sehun thought. Sehun continued to watch until he gasped when Kai fell unto the floor, limping while holding his waist. Sehun stepped forward but immediately backed away and ran.

 

 

 

 

[Luhan]

 

Science class was boring as hell. My other classmates were already sleeping. I was just jotting down notes to keep me awake when my phone suddenly vibrated in my pocket. I fished it out secretly and saw a message from Sehun.

     From: Sehun

                I'm waiting outside your room. ;)

     To: Sehun

                Why? I thought you have your schedule later?

     From: Sehun

                 It's cancelled. Let's go out later, okay? <3

     To: Sehun

                 OKay babe!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Sorry late update. Ignore errors. Subscribe, upvote and leave a comment please. =)