Chapter 9

Hesitation

(Third person) 

Jongin was rushed to the hospital after the incident. Good thing, Yixing was there and Kris helped, too. 

Jongin was hospitalized for a week. Luhan and the others didn't know since they're too busy to notice that Jongin was absent. Yixing tried telling Luhan but Sehun would always distract or pull him away. 

After Jongin got out of the hospital, he and Yixing went to their instructor. Kai was on a wheelchair while Yixing was pushing him. Dance practice already started when they arrived.

"Hyung, go practice. I'll stay here," Jongin said and Yixing left him on the seats. Suddenly, the door opened and two guys entered. Jongin saw Sehun and Luhan. Sehun went to practice and before Luhan could even get closer to seats, he turned his head and pretended to be asleep.

 

(Kai)

I forgot Luhan always watches Sehun during practices. I tried very hard to really fall asleep as I heard his footsteps getting closer. I felt Luhan's presence beside me. I peeked just a little and saw him leaning closer. I felt his hot breath a few centimeters near my cheek. I stirred in my "sleep" then Luhan yelled, "Yixing! Jongin's having a nightmare!" I almost laughed out loud. Omg he's so dumb. I heard Yixing chuckled, "Don't worry. It's just a habit. I've seen that whenever we sleep together." I peeked again and saw Luhan's eyes widen and I was literally fighting myself not to laugh. "Just kidding"

 

"What happened to him?" 

"Yeah, what happened?" I thought it's Sehun who also asked.

Yixing answered, "He fainted during his performance at the dance competition."

"What competition?" Luhan exclaimed.

"You guys didn't know? Kai was chosen to be the school's representative for the dance contest. Unfortunately, he fainted due to over fatigue and his waist injury just got worse. But he's fine, now."

 

(Luhan)

I went out of the dance studio and was walking ahead of Sehun. I couldn't believe he didn't tell me. I stomped my feet as I walked closer to the playground. 

"Luhan! Luhan, wait!"

I turned around, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"There's no need to tell you."

I was enraged, "What? Jongin's my bestfriend! I need to know!"

"But I'm your boyfriend a-"

"Yes you are and I love you, you know that. But I care about Jongin a lot and he's very important to me. You should have told me." 

I tried to calm down.

"I'm sorry.." Sehun sighed, "..it's just that, it hurts me knowing you two are closer. I knew about he competition but I have no idea about the accident. I'm sorry, Luhan."

"Now, you don't want me to be friends with him? I can't believe you!"

He held my hand, "I'm sorry. I should have told you."

"It's not about the competition. This is about Jongin, I see. What's wrong if he's my bestfriend?"

Sehun sighed again, "Can't you just avoid him?"

I stared at him with disbelief. I removed my hand from his grip and walked away.

 

There was no need for me to think. I immediately went to Jongin's place. I rang the doorbell once and went inside. I searched for him and found him inside his kitchen. He was reaching something under the sink and he was having a hard time. I walked towards him and crouched down to his level.

"What are you looking for?"

He looked at me for a second, "can opener."

I grabbed it and gave it to him then we stood up.

"What are you doing here?" 

"How are you? What happened?"

He walked towards the kitchen counter and I followed.

"It's nothing. Just fainted."

"Fainted?"

"I think Yixing already told you."

I just stared at him.

"Do I have to repeat it again?"

I shook my head.

"I stayed in ths hospital for a week. That's it."

I didn't know but I suddenly pulled him into my arms.

"I'm sorry, Jongin. I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'm sorry, I wasn't there."

"Shhh. It's okay. It's okay."

He caressed my head.

"Sehun and I fought."

He tried to back away but I hugged him tighter.

"Please, let's just stay like this."

I asked as I felt tears forming in my eyes.

 

(Kai)

I embraced Luhan tighter because I know he needed comfort. I felt my shoulder became wet because of his tears and my waist was also aching because he's hugging me too tight. After a minute or two, He backed away and I asked.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Maybe next time."

"Good. 'Cause my waist is aching because of your tight hug."

He laughed a little and I was happy because of that.

"But really, it hurts."

That's when he supported me and lead me to the couch.

"How 'bout a movie?" I asked as he helped me sat down.

"Sure. Any movie is fine."

I picked a random movie and later on, we found ourselves laughing. It was a comedy film. I glanced at the clock and it was already 10:48.

"Luhan, I think it's getting late."

"I'm staying."

"Sehun might be looking for you."

"We'll talk tomorrow. Let's sleep now, okay. I'll sleep here on your couch. Call me if you need anything."

 

Little did they know, during the night, Luhan sleep walked to Jongin's room and joined him in bed. Jongin happily taking him in his arms.

a/n: sorry if its late. tbh I kinda forgot the storyline. I only have 15 chapters and I still have to try and remember the plot because I really forgot but ill figure it out soon hehe subscribe, comment and upvote lavya